Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 19:49   #136
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Which part of Pune are you at? Try calling Ashwin at Madhu Automobiles (Wanowrie) m-9922525577. He is a reliable person & has never let me down on my Palio's service. Good luck.
Hey thanks. I go to wanowrie every morning. So will call him tomorrow morning.
Old 27th May 2011, 00:08   #137
BHPian

Hey guys. The rains have stopped since a while so went down and taped up the wires myself. The problem seems to have lessened out. Noticed the pipe on the right side of the MAP sensor to be cracked. Any clue to what pipe that is? Its connected to some round thing which has a socket in it, must be some kind of sensor in it.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

why dont you try and source a new MAF sensor socket - it will be helpful if you can close-up snap a pic in the morning (daylight).

wish you alll the best Good night.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:53   #139
BHPian

Hi I managed to get a new socket for the maf sensor. Now the problem is the color coding of the wires. As far as I remember it was red green brown black from left to right. Pls can someone help. Also tell me what is the pipe next to the maf sensor, its on the right side of the maf sensor. Pls have a look at the picture, mine is cracked. Color coding help asap will be appreciated as I'm stuck now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues-img00059201105271045.jpg  

Old 27th May 2011, 15:45   #140
Senior - BHPian

the pic i have now is not clear - but take a look:

Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues-photo0373.jpg

and i am not sure what is pipe :(

will try and update the colour code L-R if you can give me some time.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:00   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
the pic i have now is not clear - but take a look:

Attachment 551426

and i am not sure what is pipe :(

will try and update the colour code L-R if you can give me some time.
Hey.. Thank you, but a better picture of the socket will make it better for me to see properly. I have connected it as red green brown black, L-R the car starts and idles properly but in your picture I can see the socket is connected to some sensor which is not present in my car, so a better picture of the socket will be of great help. Also the pipe I am talking about is on the right side of the sensor. It is then connected to some cylindrical shaped box. Pls have a look and confirm the color code along with a picture.
Regards
Abhijeet
Old 27th May 2011, 16:06   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
but in your picture I can see the socket is connected to some sensor which is not present in my car, so a better picture of the socket will be of great help.
it is present in your car as well - the clip / lock which holds it in place in your car is broken / missing - compare it properly. Picture would be difficult - because i have my car parked in the basement and it is dark - but i will try to get the colour code

Quote:
Also the pipe I am talking about is on the right side of the sensor. It is then connected to some cylindrical shaped box. Pls have a look and confirm the color code along with a picture.
Regards
Abhijeet
it looks like a breather pipe or something. does it have any wires in it? most probably the vaccum pipe. but will have to wait for confirmation.

EDIT: its Red Green, Brown Black L-R

Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues-photo0656.jpg

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th May 2011 at 16:25.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:29   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
it is present in your car as well - the clip / lock which holds it in place in your car is broken / missing - compare it properly. Picture would be difficult - because i have my car parked in the basement and it is dark - but i will try to get the colour code

it looks like a breather pipe or something. does it have any wires in it? most probably the vaccum pipe. but will have to wait for confirmation.

EDIT: its Red Green, Brown Black L-R

Attachment 551451
First of all thank a ton for the color code. I can't figure out the pictures properly as I'm in pune and I'm replying from my blackberry which has a tiny screen.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:59   #144
BHPian

Sensor output from left to right as in the pic
pin 1: Map output
pin 2: +5V
pin 3: temp sensor
pin 4: Negative
Old 10th July 2011, 19:51   #145
BHPian

Thank you so much everyone out here. I had been out of town for couple of days so didn't get the time to start the car. Will be doing it tomorrow. Had disconnected the battery before leaving. Hopefully the battery should be charged.
Old 6th September 2011, 07:03   #146
BHPian

hi all,
i am posting this on behalf of a friend,he recently purchased a 2001 palio gtx 80k done from a member sued the car for less than a month and suddenly one fine day it stopped in the middle of the road.
he pushed it to a mechanic who advised that water pump and tension-er bearing so we got the parts from JC road.
after those were installed the mechanic says that the car is not starting because the valves are bent. its may have been caused because he tried starting the car when it had broken down is what the mechanic says.

my question is the mechanic is asking 15k plus for the repairs ,is it advisable to repair it or should sell it off like that. apart from that every thing else is fine with the car in a good condition.
Old 6th September 2011, 08:27   #147
BHPian

@alias: I would suggest your friend to take a second opinion from another mechanic. Either ways you'll know the damage (to the valves) only after opening up the head of the engine.
Ripper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 23:40   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
@alias: I would suggest your friend to take a second opinion from another mechanic. Either ways you'll know the damage (to the valves) only after opening up the head of the engine.

thanks for the reply ripper.
i spoke to venktesh from gowrie motors and he said towed the car there.
he said he will open the head and give me a correct quote.
according to him the maximum it will cost is 15k. so hoping that its within the budget.
Old 19th November 2011, 23:50   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, here is a new problem that I am facing now. I am at the mechanic for plug wires changing since one of it was leaking current and I was the one to feel it. Plug cables have been changed now to malex cuz original ones are not available. These are the same ones I got last year but one was leaking hence got all new. Probably that was the reason to why the car was not going beyond 4k rpm.
Now here is the problem. The car has got a mind of itself. I accelerate on neutral and the car keeps revving erratically between 1500 to 3500 rpm, it keeps fluctuating. Don't know what this issue is. Someone please help.
I had a similar issue with my S10. I had the throttle body and the engine wiring harness changed.( Engine wiring harness was due to rat attack.)
Have your throttle body checked / cleaned. It is the solenoid which controls the idle rpm that causes this issue. Since it is built into the throttle body, the whole thing has to be replaced.
Old 5th November 2012, 17:43   #150
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbops1 View Post
I had a similar issue with my S10. I had the throttle body and the engine wiring harness changed.( Engine wiring harness was due to rat attack.)
Have your throttle body checked / cleaned. It is the solenoid which controls the idle rpm that causes this issue. Since it is built into the throttle body, the whole thing has to be replaced.
how much does the throttle body cost? the car has been lying in my parking lot since a while but i do make sure to turn it on every week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks