Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 23:39   #121
BHPian

Re: Palio 1.2 query

Revvhead: Mind sharing details and price for the palio that you got here? Or pm me so i can have a fair idea of how much mine should cost

Last edited by manson : 12th May 2011 at 13:08. Reason: Avoid quoting posts when not required.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:05   #122
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
I'm kinda giving up on this vehicle after spending around 75k. Spent so much since I didn't have intentions of selling her before. It feels bad to know that even after spending so much on the car it still isnt back to perfect. Engine still has a lot of life, pickup is still great. Just 52k on the odo. The idling issue remains, gonna give it one last try at my good old garage with the good old mechanics who know this car in and out. If it works out then all good. If it doesnt then I'm putting the beast up for sale. Or maybe break it down and sell the parts as a lot of things in the car are brand new. Anyone wants? Selling the car directly wont get me a good value.
Abhi: What makes you to sell the car for scrap?. Is it giving low FE or bad handling, poor A/C, too poor brakes? Just poor idling should not make you sell the car.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 11th May 2011, 15:41   #123
Senior - BHPian

Vijay can you provide more info ont his? in terms of work/money involved?
would like to get it done in my adventure too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Small update: I have changed the backlit color of the clock from green to amber. Now the contrast is much better in day.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:49   #124
BHPian

Rs10 for the bulb and its my DIY so no labour charges.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 12th May 2011, 02:56   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Just now saw your post so couldnt add my comments earlier. Is your earth proper? To test take a multimeter set to DC volt. connect one lead to the negative of the battery and other one to the ECM body check the voltage diff. It must be in Mill Volt. If the values in volt obviously you need to redo the negative terminal. Secondly there are some loose sensor wire that playing up during acceleration. Check the MAP sensor wire and lambda wires. Disconnect the battery and do a throttle relearn procedure. Atlast report the outcome in the forum
Did try this. It showed negligible (showed 0 volts when i set the multimeter to 20 volts and .1 when i set it to milli volts) on the multimeter, tried connecting the positive and the ECM body, showed 13 volts. Hope this is perfect

Quote:
Rs10 for the bulb and its my DIY so no labour charges.

Regards,
Vijay

Did you have to open up the dashboard completely? My clock has become very dim after the AC work. Its not possible to see it at all in the daylight.
Regards

Quote:
Abhi: What makes you to sell the car for scrap?. Is it giving low FE or bad handling, poor A/C, too poor brakes? Just poor idling should not make you sell the car.

Regards,
Vijay
Vijay,
When i go in the past, Low FE - yes, Bad handling - yes, poor brakes - hell yes, resale value (considering how it depreciates) - lets not get there, everyone knows.

Present time? Absolutely NO! Low FE - Who cares? Bad handling - seems okay after suspension work. Brakes - better after changing the whole assembly. Idling issue - will be talking briefly on this tomorrow

Last edited by manson : 12th May 2011 at 13:08. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 12th May 2011, 07:33   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Did you have to open up the dashboard completely? My clock has become very dim after the AC work. Its not possible to see it at all in the daylight.
Regards
I have mentioned in other thread. For your reference i have made a ctrl+c , ctrl+v here.
To open the clock cluster you need to start from removing the A/C control knob. Its a clip type. Then use philips screw driver and remove the center A/C control. Next part is the black trim on the speedo cluster. No need to strip entire trim. Remove the trip adjacent to the clock. You can see one philips screw. Remove that along with the two exposed screws in the bottom. Now you can remove the clock.
To change the color you need to disassemble the clock, remove the green color sheet dip in alcohol to remove the green coating and fix it back. Check your bulb may be fused.

Regards,
Vijay

Quote:
Vijay,
When i go in the past, Low FE - yes, Bad handling - yes, poor brakes - hell yes, resale value (considering how it depreciates) - lets not get there, everyone knows.

Present time? Absolutely NO! Low FE - Who cares? Bad handling - seems okay after suspension work. Brakes - better after changing the whole assembly. Idling issue - will be talking briefly on this tomorrow
GTX considered ever green. You will always find an enthisiast showing interest. Resale wont be as good as zen but not too bad compared to other palios. If the car going for parts keep the speedo sensor for me .
I donot know my car's FE as the speedo sensor gone kaput. It will be replaced soon. But anything less than 9kmpl is not good. If you get slight misfire in the idling like blurp..blurp dont do anything. Once you get the ELM adapter put her under test. In the mean time you can add 1ml of 2T oil in 1 litre of petrol to easy out flat spot and vibration. Check this method it wont harm anyway.

Regards,
Vijay

Last edited by manson : 12th May 2011 at 13:10. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 17th May 2011, 20:18   #127
BHPian

Ok guys I had put her under the scanner while I was in mumbai. She threw out a couple of issues. Will be getting to it briefly soon as I'm in pune right now running around due to work. Hopefully tonight will be the update. Stay tuned
Old 26th May 2011, 17:43   #128
BHPian

Hey guys, here is a new problem that I am facing now. I am at the mechanic for plug wires changing since one of it was leaking current and I was the one to feel it. Plug cables have been changed now to malex cuz original ones are not available. These are the same ones I got last year but one was leaking hence got all new. Probably that was the reason to why the car was not going beyond 4k rpm.
Now here is the problem. The car has got a mind of itself. I accelerate on neutral and the car keeps revving erratically between 1500 to 3500 rpm, it keeps fluctuating. Don't know what this issue is. Someone please help.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:07   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now here is the problem. The car has got a mind of itself. I accelerate on neutral and the car keeps revving erratically between 1500 to 3500 rpm, it keeps fluctuating. Don't know what this issue is. Someone please help.
did this new problem occur before the new plug wires were used? if not then it could be the problem.

is the problem same as in the videos you posted earlier?

Did you try and reset the ECU after the plug wires were changed?
Old 26th May 2011, 18:22   #130
BHPian

@abhiveer.
in all probability it is the lambda sensor.i had a problem with idling and high temp and the culprit was the same.also why dont you try shaman auto in sewree,theres a guy called rajkumar who works there,try it out,if they still service fiats that is.they used to do a neat job on my gtx.

also i think i do have the manual for the gtx as mine has changed owners.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:28   #131
BHPian

dunno where the last post went,

hey if you need the gtx manual,i think i have it,dont need one as mine has changed owners.
i had the same erratic idling and performance issue,so much so that the car would not go beyond 1500rpm after a while,also the temperature would always go north,although coolant and everything else was fine.
the lambda and the O2 sensor changed,worked like a charm.
i dont know if they are still operational,try shaman auto in sewree and look for a guy called rajkumar.they were always good to me and my car.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:32   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
did this new problem occur before the new plug wires were used? if not then it could be the problem.

is the problem same as in the videos you posted earlier?

Did you try and reset the ECU after the plug wires were changed?
The problem cropped up I guess when I saw a broken map sensor wire, again! So removed the socket and connected wires back. Had disconnected battery before doing this so I guess that reseyted the ecm.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:56   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan86 View Post
dunno where the last post went,

hey if you need the gtx manual,i think i have it,dont need one as mine has changed owners.
i had the same erratic idling and performance issue,so much so that the car would not go beyond 1500rpm after a while,also the temperature would always go north,although coolant and everything else was fine.
the lambda and the O2 sensor changed,worked like a charm.
i dont know if they are still operational,try shaman auto in sewree and look for a guy called rajkumar.they were always good to me and my car.
Thanks buddy. The problem is I'm stuck in pune with a broken map sensor socket and wires to the socket. I'm going to try directly connecting it tomorrow morning as it is raining here in pune. Where is the lambda sensor of the palio? It will be great if you can give me the palio's manual. Mine came without it. Plus the tata fiat at worli even manage to flick my jack! And now they're even rejecting to take my car for a general service saying they've stop repairing old palios. I know it sounds like wow. But I'm having exact same problems as you did. My o2 sensor was replaced. Don't know where the lambda sensor is else will have changed that too.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

Lambda / O2 sensor is same in the Palio - located just above the exhaust manifold / heat shield.

download the owners manual from here (6.27MB): The FIAT Forum - Downloads - Palio Handbook 03-03 India Version

try fixing the MAF sensor wires and see if the problem gets solved on its own

can you upload a video again?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 26th May 2011 at 19:12.
planet_rocker is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 19:13   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. The problem is I'm stuck in pune with a broken map sensor socket and wires to the socket. I'm going to try directly connecting it tomorrow morning as it is raining here in pune. Where is the lambda sensor of the palio? It will be great if you can give me the palio's manual. Mine came without it. Plus the tata fiat at worli even manage to flick my jack! And now they're even rejecting to take my car for a general service saying they've stop repairing old palios. I know it sounds like wow. But I'm having exact same problems as you did. My o2 sensor was replaced. Don't know where the lambda sensor is else will have changed that too.
Which part of Pune are you at? Try calling Ashwin at Madhu Automobiles (Wanowrie) m-9922525577. He is a reliable person & has never let me down on my Palio's service. Good luck.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks