Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 22:45   #46
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues

Parts which had to be changed were changed. Here's the list of it:
Head lights and tail lights
Brakes overhauling along with changing of liners, pads, boosters etc.
Clutch assembly (complete)
Rear suspensions (front assembly was changed a year ago, rear were OK at that time so didn't change them.
Boot holder (the suspension looking thing which holds the boot in the upright position)
Fuel guage showed wrong reading had to change the whole assembly (A.S.S. quoted 7800 for the assembly, opera house charged 5500)
Little stuff here and there.

Tata fiat also had asked me to change my front suspension assembly along with sturt bracers etc which was replaced a year ago.
Old 20th February 2011, 22:12   #47
BHPian

@abhijeetveer: Thanks for all the prices you've posted here. Will help me a lot, by the way i picked up a used 1.2 a month back and i needed the cost of the fuel guage which you have quoted. The problem with my cars guage is that it falls to E from the quarter mark abruptly followed by the yellow low fuel warning, this gets me tensed as i dont want to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere, so wanted to know whether all palio fuel guages behave in this manner? As for painting ive got a painter in Versova at Yari road, this dudes cheap coz hes quoted 14K for painting a cousins OHC including some denting also have also got the boot,bumper and the C pillars on my palio painted for 4.5K. PM me if you want his contact details.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

^^ that is not normal at all.

Let's say you park your car in an incline (sideways) and you have slightly fuel lower than Half way mark - the indicator may show low fuel (yellow warning light) - but once you park it on a level ground - the light will go off and the needle will show correct mark when you restart the car.

If the fuel indicator float inside the tank is not working properly - then the indication will be incorrect. get that checked first (make sure fuel in tank is low at that time)

hope this helps.
Old 21st February 2011, 19:02   #49
BHPian

[quote=Ripper;2251743]@abhijeetveer: Thanks for all the prices you've posted here. Will help me a lot, by the way i picked up a used 1.2 a month back and i needed the cost of the fuel guage which you have quoted. The problem with my cars guage is that it falls to E from the quarter mark abruptly followed by the yellow low fuel warning, this gets me tensed as i dont want to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere, so wanted to know whether all palio fuel guages behave in this manner?

Yeah now it's the fuel guage! My GTX shows always FULL TANK! whatever the case may be. The moment I turn the key the Fuel Guage needle shoots up to show full tank. I need to get check the fuel pump checked first, I think.
Old 22nd February 2011, 03:06   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
@abhijeetveer: Thanks for all the prices you've posted here. Will help me a lot, by the way i picked up a used 1.2 a month back and i needed the cost of the fuel guage which you have quoted. The problem with my cars guage is that it falls to E from the quarter mark abruptly followed by the yellow low fuel warning, this gets me tensed as i dont want to run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere, so wanted to know whether all palio fuel guages behave in this manner? As for painting ive got a painter in Versova at Yari road, this dudes cheap coz hes quoted 14K for painting a cousins OHC including some denting also have also got the boot,bumper and the C pillars on my palio painted for 4.5K. PM me if you want his contact details.

That is exactly what i went through. Till the lower quarter mark everything was perfect after that fuel indicator used to behave weird. Ofcourse with the orange fuel low light indicator. Now here is the problem, you wont get the fuel guage, you will have to buy the whole assembly, i managed to get it because the garage where my car was had a palio 1.2 whose fuel pump was failed, so he had to buy the assembly too, so we bought 1 assembly, he got the pump, and since my pump was perfect i just changed the guage. i paid 2.5k for the guage where as he paid 3k for the pump because he got the whole pump with the assembly along with the pump whereas i just got the guage removed from the assembly and fit it in my old pump.
Regarding the painter guy, pm me his details if he is good. Only if he is good! I wouldn't mind paying more for a good job rather than paying a lot less for a shady one
Old 22nd February 2011, 03:12   #51
BHPian

Does anyone know anyone who has an ecm reader. My palio aint idling like it used to, seems like its missing, but the mechanic said it aint. But i can feel the little judders at idle. Need someone intelligent to figure out that problem for me.
Next up is painting. I need suggestions from you guys. I have a badly damaged front bumper without fog lamps. They are not available in the market. Plus repairing and repainting the old bumper will take a lot of money and efforts and inspite of doing that there wont be fog lamps, which sucks! So my mechanic gave me a solution, get a second hand palio bumper, the one without fog lamps and just get it painted. cheaper solution but i liked the fog lamps. stuck in a mess now.. HELP!!
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:22   #52
BHPian

@abhijeet: It u could do with aftermarket fog lamps,then i have a suggestion. On my last visit to CB i saw a lot of projectors hanging around at this shop, they were without bulbs ie just the projectors. He had quoted around 300 bux a piece which could be negotiated a bit, all u have to check is the size, if it fits u'll have a set of one of Fogs.
PS: even i love the palio with fogs, sadly the 1.2 does not come with a provision for it.
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

abhijeet, the thumb rule when you visit a fita/Tata or any other *** is first find the most experienced SA and try to gauge how sincere this chap is towards his customers, now the later is difficult but please ensure he qualified with Fiats..

parts like changing both front lower arms or rear suspension need to gauge it properly, in my case thanks to the adviser i have changed parts only which is very needed.

Secondly i dont understand in matter of 50k kms the suspensions/lower arm and steering rack has issue??? do you drive a lot on bad roads and are you a agrresive driver?
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
@abhijeet: It u could do with aftermarket fog lamps,then i have a suggestion. On my last visit to CB i saw a lot of projectors hanging around at this shop, they were without bulbs ie just the projectors. He had quoted around 300 bux a piece which could be negotiated a bit, all u have to check is the size, if it fits u'll have a set of one of Fogs.
PS: even i love the palio with fogs, sadly the 1.2 does not come with a provision for it.
i have seen those too but it doesnt come with the housing. So it will look shady if i just fix the projectors without the housing.
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
abhijeet, the thumb rule when you visit a fita/Tata or any other *** is first find the most experienced SA and try to gauge how sincere this chap is towards his customers, now the later is difficult but please ensure he qualified with Fiats..

parts like changing both front lower arms or rear suspension need to gauge it properly, in my case thanks to the adviser i have changed parts only which is very needed.

Secondly i dont understand in matter of 50k kms the suspensions/lower arm and steering rack has issue??? do you drive a lot on bad roads and are you a agrresive driver?

I never had to change the lower arms or the steering rack. The A.S.S just asked me to change it for i dont know why. I replaced the rear suspension since my ride had become stiff, not that it needed a change but it had very less life left into it. The problem is that my car had been in the worst of mumbai conditions including floods, so these issues tend to crop up. now most of the affected parts have been replaced, just some wiring stuff left.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:14   #56
BHPian

All

I go the clutch assembly changed on my Palio 1.6 GTX at 35000 KMS and has run 1000 KMS after the change. Since then the palio has developed vibration while changing gears from 2nd gear onwards. Also at particular speed the entire car vibrates as if the car is running on loose metal road.

Please let me know whats wrong with the car

Regards
Old 26th February 2011, 04:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
All

I go the clutch assembly changed on my Palio 1.6 GTX at 35000 KMS and has run 1000 KMS after the change. Since then the palio has developed vibration while changing gears from 2nd gear onwards. Also at particular speed the entire car vibrates as if the car is running on loose metal road.

Please let me know whats wrong with the car

Regards
I have no clue to this yet, will try once my car is back. Hopefully coming week it should be back.

I need a workshop in mumbai which has an ecm reader/resetter. Pls help if any of you guys know any.

Thanks
Old 26th February 2011, 04:46   #58
BHPian

Update: Bringing Palio back to showroom condition. Total money spent yet close to 50k (inclusive of parts and labor) will mention all the parts once the vehicle is back.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:19   #59
BHPian

Let us know the parts breakup and how is she performing now

Regards,
Vijay
Old 12th March 2011, 13:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thats great! saves a lot of money which the new car demands and a Palio in showroom condition is fantastic!

Awaiting for pics and more details....

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
Update: Bringing Palio back to showroom condition. Total money spent yet close to 50k (inclusive of parts and labor) will mention all the parts once the vehicle is back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks