Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 10:06   #151
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX issues

Abhijeet: How is your car running? Do you still have shaky rpm.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 21st November 2012, 11:36   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Abhijeet: How is your car running? Do you still have shaky rpm.

Regards,
Vijay
Hi. The car still has the shaky rpm plus I also need a complete wiring harness for it now. Bought a second car which is running fine so havent had time for the palio, rats ate away HT cables etc, got a cheap fix done and started. Gonna clean the throttle body one last time if it doesnt work then will be needing a new one along with the cables. Gosh Ive spent quite a bit to keep her running. Will hopefully do more to get her in perfect shape as and when time permits. Its my first car
Old 21st November 2012, 16:42   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
Hi. The car still has the shaky rpm plus I also need a complete wiring harness for it now. Bought a second car which is running fine so havent had time for the palio, rats ate away HT cables etc, got a cheap fix done and started. Gonna clean the throttle body one last time if it doesnt work then will be needing a new one along with the cables. Gosh Ive spent quite a bit to keep her running. Will hopefully do more to get her in perfect shape as and when time permits. Its my first car
Cause for shaky rpm.
1. weak/leaky vacuum hose
2. Failing ign coil
3. Incorrect timing
4. Weak crank position sensor.

If the engine missing pull between 1200~2500 rpm then definitely O2 sensor.
I have shaky rpm in my GTX and later I found air is leaking from the throttle body IAC valve. Since its a press fit one some how it developed leak on the sides. I sealed with araldite and now the rpm is rock steady.
Also test the idle by disconnecting O2 sensor socket. If the idle stabilizes after dismantling needs sensor replacement.
Weal crank sensor is known for shaky rpm. Make sure the sensor and phonic wheel gap is atleast 0.8mm
Replace sparkplugs with NGK BKR5E and the plug gap is 0.8mm.
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:34   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some help.

My Dad's 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX is in need of a service/check-up.

I am not too keen on the garage that he used to take it to (Car O Care @ Wanowrie Pune) and was hoping to get some pointers from TBHPians on a good i.e. knowledgeable and honest Fiat technician in Pune. I am hesitant to give it to a Fiat ASC for obvious reasons.
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:03   #155
BHPian

I have heard that a chap called Vijay who is ex BU Bhandari is quite good and people from even as far as Bangalore have driven to his garage to get their Palios fixed. You could request the info from Palio Users Group. Should be pretty easy to get since Pune Fiaters would invariably have his contact details.
I may have got the name mixed up. I recently met up a couple of Pune Fiaters who were raving about this chap. A couple from the Bangalore group also acknoledged his expertise. Let me do some digging up and see if I can get contact details

Last edited by zoombiee : 22nd November 2012 at 18:14.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 20:54   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I recently met up a couple of Pune Fiaters who were raving about this chap. A couple from the Bangalore group also acknoledged his expertise. Let me do some digging up and see if I can get contact details
Bro, any luck? I'd appreciate the name and contact details. If folks come all they way from BLR to this person's garage he must be quite an expert.
Old 26th November 2012, 08:38   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Bro, any luck? I'd appreciate the name and contact details. If folks come all they way from BLR to this person's garage he must be quite an expert.
Hey sorry man. Was busy the last few days. Give me a couple of days time.
Old 26th November 2012, 09:39   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Hey sorry man. Was busy the last few days. Give me a couple of days time.
Did you mean Ravi, rather than Vijay?

http://autos.dir.groups.yahoo.com/gr.../message/80446

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 09:02   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Did you mean Ravi, rather than Vijay?

http://autos.dir.groups.yahoo.com/gr.../message/80446

Cheers,
Vikram
Yes you are right. I was able to contact my friend and the name is Ravi Gaikwad. I think contact details are on the PUG thread.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:36   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Need some help.

My Dad's 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX is in need of a service/check-up.

I am not too keen on the garage that he used to take it to (Car O Care @ Wanowrie Pune) and was hoping to get some pointers from TBHPians on a good i.e. knowledgeable and honest Fiat technician in Pune. I am hesitant to give it to a Fiat ASC for obvious reasons.

Hey. I think I have seen your GTX at car o care if its silver/grey. I had gone there but didnt find it so good.

Vijay,
I will try out what you said. In the mean time I am thinking of selling my sonata and replacing it with a clean octavia RS. What should the right price for a 2005 well maintained 33k kms with service history octavia rs be? And what should I look out for. I have already gone through amjats threads and know the issues.
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:44   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey. I think I have seen your GTX at car o care if its silver/grey. I had gone there but didnt find it so good.
Dad's car is white. My beloved father passed away at the end of August. :-( I will keep this car in his memory though one of his dear friends offered to buy it. I declined. It needs a bit of work including body panel suspension, gearbox & steering. Will do it up as and when budget and time permit. I remember this car when it was brand new, it was such a joy to drive.
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Dad's car is white. My beloved father passed away at the end of August. :-( I will keep this car in his memory though one of his dear friends offered to buy it. I declined. It needs a bit of work including body panel suspension, gearbox & steering. Will do it up as and when budget and time permit. I remember this car when it was brand new, it was such a joy to drive.
Sorry to hear about your father. I too am keeping the car because of the sentimental value. Mine needs a lot of electrical work and maybe a new throttle body. We should catch up next time I am in pune. Maybe my car can use your cars throttle body to see if mine is at fault. Mechanics gave me this easier and quicker solution and I know no other GTX owners.
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:57   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We should catch up next time I am in pune. Maybe my car can use your cars throttle body to see if mine is at fault. Mechanics gave me this easier and quicker solution and I know no other GTX owners.
Sure mate...send me a PM a day before you come over to Pune.
Old 23rd November 2014, 00:34   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, Could anyone let me know of a credible mechanic for the Palio 1.6 GTX in Mumbai?
Old 25th November 2014, 00:53   #165
BHPian

Hi
There is one at panvel. Some ex-fiat technician

RS motors at charcop. Many guys are ex-amuroop auto guys

And mr sunil shanbaug, select auto dadar has worked on petra 1.6
rikhav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks