Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 13:51   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ask the part number for the Santa Fe or Verna rheostat switch. They will be of beige. else just ask whether the part is available in beige color or not
I had the rheostat ordered. According to the SA the socket is different and it won't fit that switch. How's that possible? If other BHPians have it fitted then it should fit my i20 too right? The glovebox lamp fit properly and is working fine.
Old 27th June 2015, 19:31   #137
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
According to the SA the socket is different and it won't fit that switch.
What happened to the inner fuel filler flap, hrbheda? Did they fix the part for you?

Last edited by RSR : 27th June 2015 at 19:33.
Old 27th June 2015, 20:20   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
What happened to the inner fuel filler flap, hrbheda? Did they fix the part for you?
Yes they did. Actually it doesn't come as a flap only. You need to buy the whole filler neck assembly. But yes they fixed it. They also said some earthing wire was not connected on the old part and they solved that too.

Correction: rheostat issue solved. The technician was trying to fit the swith in place of the headlight levelling switch! I opened up the console and showed them where it fits.

Last edited by hrbheda : 27th June 2015 at 20:35.
hrbheda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:05   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Rheostat Ilumination Control is to control the illumination brightness of the Dash board lightings. Very useful in night driving.
After connecting the switch for the first time and then subsequently disconnecting it, the brightness goes to its lowest setting.
( without the rheostat connected and irrespective of the setting of the rheostat when you removed it or the position of the parking light switch on the stalk ).

Maybe the switch is defective??
Anyone notice this thing or is it just me?
Old 6th August 2015, 11:26   #140
BHPian

Hi all, I am an owner of the Elite i20 Sports (O)
In my car also such things are missing.
No light in the glovebox, no rheostat etc. Will I be able to use the same things for my car? Please advice
Old 27th September 2015, 19:08   #141
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed so far, but can we skip songs while streaming via Bluetooth audio using the steering mounted controls? It works if there are multiple songs by the same artist, however it doesn't skip out of the album/artist. Using Nexus 5 with Asta(O)
Old 28th September 2015, 12:03   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
...but can we skip songs while streaming via Bluetooth audio using the steering mounted controls? It works if there are multiple songs by the same artist, however it doesn't skip out of the album/artist...
Nope. I don't remember the system allowing me to do that.

If you've got a playlist streaming through bluetooth, then streaming will come to a stop after all songs have been played. If you're playing all songs by the same artist, the system behaves in the same way. It plays all the songs, then stops. The ability to skip/change artists/folders is enabled when you're using the USB slot, or the on-board memory. To counter this restriction, I've stopped using playlists altogether. Now, I put the entire list of songs in shuffle and stream them. In case I don't wanna listen to a particular song, I simply skip it and the system picks up another random item
Old 28th September 2015, 14:01   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Now, I put the entire list of songs in shuffle and stream them. In case I don't wanna listen to a particular song, I simply skip it and the system picks up another random item
This is what i am doing myself. I just shuffle play songs on my phone, stream it via Bluetooth to the i20. The problem arises because i am unable to skip a song and carry on with the next one. When i do engage the steering controls, the existing song starts playing again from the beginning.
Old 28th September 2015, 14:09   #144
BHPian

Quote:
This is what i am doing myself. I just shuffle play songs on my phone, stream it via Bluetooth to the i20. The problem arises because i am unable to skip a song and carry on with the next one. When i do engage the steering controls, the existing song starts playing again from the beginning.
Um, are you unable to skip to the next song? Or unable to go back to the previous song?

If it's the latter, you need to hit the "v" twice. That way, the system will jump back one song. If you press it only once, it will start playing the current song from the start. Does this help?
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 14:26   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Um, are you unable to skip to the next song? Or unable to go back to the previous song?

If it's the latter, you need to hit the "v" twice. That way, the system will jump back one song. If you press it only once, it will start playing the current song from the start. Does this help?
Thanks. Will give this a shot and let you know.

For the touchscreen owners, has anyone tried adding visualizations/screensavers etc to the unit? I like the visualizations we used to get with Winamp or windows media player when a song plays. Wishful thinking, but what are the chances?
Old 30th September 2015, 10:08   #146
BHPian

My i20 i-gen needs new wiper blades. Any suggestions on the brand and website I can buy from or should I buy the genuine ones from ASC?

What is the size of blades it takes and is it ok to buy Bosch 3397010057 from amazon india?
Old 30th September 2015, 13:25   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Hey sourav9385, i tried as suggested and now i am able to skip/return to the songs effortlessly using the buttons. Guessing the first time around there is an issue. The moment you pair the device a second time, the issue gets resolved.
Old 30th September 2015, 14:43   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevgpc View Post
My i20 i-gen needs new wiper blades. Any suggestions on the brand and website I can buy from or should I buy the genuine ones from ASC?

What is the size of blades it takes and is it ok to buy Bosch 3397010057 from amazon india?
Yes the part number is correct. I purchased the same blades from my local shop for approx Rs 300/- .

IMO don't go to the ASC for wiper blades since they overcharge.

They are 24 and 16 inch blades and they work perfectly. I think they are one size larger than stock but there is no clashing of blades and gives a slightly bigger cleaning area.

Hope this helps!
hrbheda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 14:54   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Hey sourav9385, i tried as suggested and now i am able to skip/return to the songs effortlessly using the buttons. Guessing the first time around there is an issue. The moment you pair the device a second time, the issue gets resolved.
Glad to know the issue has been sorted out Do post here if you face any other issues.

Fellow i20 owners, are you all using the same engine oil as prescribed by Hyundai? Or has someone shifted to fully synthetic oil? I'm very happy with the performance of the engine, but I do wonder sometimes how good/bad it would become if I shift to fully synthetic post 10k KMS. Any tips or experiences that you'd like to share?
Old 30th September 2015, 17:06   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to know the issue has been sorted out Do post here if you face any other issues.

Fellow i20 owners, are you all using the same engine oil as prescribed by Hyundai? Or has someone shifted to fully synthetic oil? I'm very happy with the performance of the engine, but I do wonder sometimes how good/bad it would become if I shift to fully synthetic post 10k KMS. Any tips or experiences that you'd like to share?
I think Hyundai uses Indian oil but that never lasted beyond 3500-4000kms in my case. It became really black and smelt totally burnt.
I did shift to fully synthetic oil at approx 20k kms. (A little late since it used to go to the ASC for servicing, but now its my FNG) For that I got Castrol Magnatec and I'm happy with it. I plan to change to Mobil -1 at the next service to see the difference between the two.
As per various posts here on Tbhp, users prefer Mobil-1.
It terms of advantages you can safely run the car for 8000-10000 kms between oil changes. In my case the car definitely feels a lot smoother.
I suppose you can shift to synthetic post 10k kms. There shouldn't be an issue.
Hope this helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks