Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 00:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

I have Hyundai branded central locking for my i20 Magna and I thought it would make a racket if the car is shaken violently (or if someone tries to pry open the door).

Last week, my parked car was rammed into by another i20 and my poor car quietly took the hit and slid back about 6 ft BUT - it wasn't yelling out (as in the alarm wasn't ringing) - So is it ONLY if the doors are opened or the bonnet opened (forcibly)?

Sorry if this question shouldn't be on this thread?
Old 19th October 2011, 01:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz
I have Hyundai branded central locking for my i20 Magna and I thought it would make a racket if the car is shaken violently (or if someone tries to pry open the door).

Last week, my parked car was rammed into by another i20 and my poor car quietly took the hit and slid back about 6 ft BUT - it wasn't yelling out (as in the alarm wasn't ringing) - So is it ONLY if the doors are opened or the bonnet opened (forcibly)?

Why should central locking sound a alarm if someone hits your car ? Isn't that a seperate alarm system ?
Old 19th October 2011, 07:57   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz

See if you have bought a central locking system with impact sensors only then your car will yell if someone hits it. If you have bought just central locking with alarm it won't yell.

To see if your central locking alarm is working,roll down the driver side window and lock the car from outside. After a minute put your hand inside and unlock the door from inside. It should start yelling !!!

But what happened to your car? Six feet is quite a long distance.how did it happen?
Old 19th October 2011, 12:55   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I have Hyundai branded central locking for my i20 Magna
Does that mean, if you use the central lock to lock all the doors, none of the passengers can unlock the doors and step out?

If yes, could you give me the details. Mine (May 2010 i20 Auto) doesn't have it.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:01   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp

Does that mean, if you use the central lock to lock all the doors, none of the passengers can unlock the doors and step out?

If yes, could you give me the details. Mine (May 2010 i20 Auto) doesn't have it.
His central locking system is an Hyundai accessory and not factory. Yours is factory fitted since its an auto
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 17:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
See if you have bought a central locking system with impact sensors only then your car will yell if someone hits it. If you have bought just central locking with alarm it won't yell.

To see if your central locking alarm is working,roll down the driver side window and lock the car from outside. After a minute put your hand inside and unlock the door from inside. It should start yelling !!!

But what happened to your car? Six feet is quite a long distance.how did it happen?
The car sure would yell if unlocked without the central locking gadget. What happened to my car??? --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-pics-635.html Here is the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post

Nope this probably is the most basic of company fitted (not factory fitted) central locking system where it'd ring only when the doors are pried open or the bonnet.

Mine's March 2009 Magna.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:10   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
His central locking system is an Hyundai accessory and not factory. Yours is factory fitted since its an auto
I expected Hyundai to put this feature in i20 Asta for the money I paid! buggers!
Old 19th October 2011, 18:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
In my car, only the front passenger can unlock the door. Rear passengers cannot unlock when central lock is used. Mine is 2011 Sportz.
Old 19th October 2011, 22:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Why should central locking sound a alarm if someone hits your car ? Isn't that a seperate alarm system ?
Good question and the good answer is - the central locking is also connected to the bonnet (there is a little spring loaded switch under the hood) - with the crash - the hood was damaged - so should it not have started screaming?
Old 20th October 2011, 13:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

Shubz - if the damaged bonnet kept the switch pushed down - it will not trigger the alarm.

EDIT: check the first pic in post number 9517: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2538925 - the damaged bonnet was keeping the switch pushed down, as far as i can see.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 20th October 2011 at 13:42.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Shubz - if the damaged bonnet kept the switch pushed down - it will not trigger the alarm.

EDIT: check the first pic in post number 9517: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2538925 - the damaged bonnet was keeping the switch pushed down, as far as i can see.
You are right sir. the bent bonnet depressed the switch further. so no alarm.

Wondering if I should change to more advanced car security system.

Experts: Any suggestions?
Old 30th October 2011, 18:51   #72
BHPian

Wildon, My HU shows the version as VER M08 S69 D18 can I get the Authorised Service Station guys to update the firmware for me?
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:39   #73
BHPian

Guys need help.Tried the above method to check for the version.Nothing happened.In what menu should we press 1ff?In radio or aux or while music is off?Please help.Also does the i20 sportz 2011 have voice recognition?
Old 4th November 2011, 10:59   #74
BHPian

Guys please reply.I need to know how to check my hu firmware version and all.I tried but nothing happened when i pressed 1ff and 6.
Old 4th November 2011, 19:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Wildon, if you are looking at this, the version of my HU firmware is,

VER M08 S69 D27.

So S69 is what it is. Do I need to get the HU changed? How? where do I go for it? etc.

Appreciate your time on this.

Thanks,
Shubz
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-imag0052.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks