Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 18:51   #1591
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj1237 View Post
Also Can anyone tell me what the running in procedure for the Verna Petrol is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
....no running in mate , these are new gen cars unlike the ambassador and the fiat , enjoy the drive
If that is what you think, am sorry to say that you are grossly misinformed. Am sure you are aware of the thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Flip thru' the last few pages of the thread and you'll realize that most part of the discussion holds good even to this day!
Old 28th January 2012, 19:21   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
If that is what you think, am sorry to say that you are grossly misinformed. Am sure you are aware of the thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Flip thru' the last few pages of the thread and you'll realize that most part of the discussion holds good even to this day!
Hyundai does not specify a particular running in procedure for their CRDi vehicles. I cannot talk about the petrol variant. The CRDi engines are pre run-in. However its always a good thing to be careful with the engine during the first few thousand km. Careful does not mean babying it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is a school of thought that believes its best to be hard on the engine for the first few miles because this ensures the best possible run in.

See this:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

I personally believe that babying the engine is NOT the best way to get the most life out of it. But that's just me.
Old 28th January 2012, 20:00   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I personally believe that babying the engine is NOT the best way to get the most life out of it. But that's just me.
Well! In that case.... Here's another gentleman who shares your idea and who has infact done it too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Yes, the procedure is to rev up and down in 2/3/4/5 gears to 7,000 rpm and down to the least in ALL gears. However just touch 7k rpm and release the accellorator. Then cruise at 2500 rpm...

This procedure is also called "Drive like you stole the car!"

My home a/c LG uses the term Climate Control. I used the same term. No one can control climate with machines. Tis just a catch word.Else I be creating cyclones!
P.S: I really don't know if that's the right way to run in. Just thought this post could be of little relevance here!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th January 2012 at 20:28.
Old 29th January 2012, 01:24   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm

no running in mate , these are new gen cars unlike the ambassador and the fiat , enjoy the drive
Disagree. The manual clearly states not to rev over 3500 rpm for the first 1000 kms for the petrol.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:47   #1595
Senior - BHPian

The fluidic owners can you please give me a detailed review on the comfort of the back seats ?
I have booked a fluidic verna SX(o) , but now my dad got a feedback from a fluidic owner about the uncomfortable back seat .
Now we are having second thoughts.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:43   #1596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
The fluidic owners can you please give me a detailed review on the comfort of the back seats ?
I have booked a fluidic verna SX(o) , but now my dad got a feedback from a fluidic owner about the uncomfortable back seat .
Now we are having second thoughts.
Please take your dad [or who ever will be traveling at the rear seat] and take a TD & drive the way you will! You should NOT rely on what others have to say because the expectations need not match. Its better that the actual people who will be subjected to the seats feel is first hand. I have seen both negative & positive feed-backs on the rear seat comfort on Verna, guess that's more to do with the type of physique people have. Some people find it good & some bad, no one provides their physical status for comparison, leaving me confused!

For eg, ask anyone in the forum about Manza rear comfort & you are likely to get all positive responses. Ask the same to me, I will say it's average or below par [after travelling in the Manza rear seat for close to 6 hours up & down together] with 3 medium built guys! I was freakin tired after the 6 hours!
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:57   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a fluidic verna SX(o) ,
First of all congratulations on booking the Fluidic verna.When I checked out the car I noticed that the rear seats were too low.The rear windows are set too high in comparison to the seats.Now some people may find it claustrophobic but I actually like that!!I suggest u go and check it out personally.

BTW where did you book it??What was the waiting period quoted??Can you share the onroad price??
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:10   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Thank you I booked it on the 30th of January and have been promised delivery before the 1st week of March.
It worked upto to 12.50 On road rod with the accessory package which includes mats, 3m sunfilm and underbody teflon spray.
BTW the color I chose was Purple Fantasia.
Booked it at V3 Hyundai.They had the least waiting period of any other dealer.
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:32   #1599
Senior - BHPian

I inquired at the nearest Hyundai dealer for Verna CRDi and he said that there is a waiting period of at least 1 year , if you book now. He infact tried to convince me to buy a petrol one, which can be delivered in a months time or 2 at max with yummy discounts. Is it really 1 year waiting period through out the country?
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:43   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I inquired at the nearest Hyundai dealer for Verna CRDi and he said that there is a waiting period of at least 1 year , if you book now. He infact tried to convince me to buy a petrol one, which can be delivered in a months time or 2 at max with yummy discounts. Is it really 1 year waiting period through out the country?
1 year is really too much. In Pune its around 7-8 months. BTW, what kind of offer are they offering on the Petrol varaints??
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:47   #1601
Senior - BHPian

^^^ He said he will disclose the offer if I am really interested in buying one. I told him that my preference is diesel and I will let him know if I ever change my preference. Somehow, he did not seem genuine talking about all this. But, if you really want to know, I can go and find out since I anyway have to go to him and get 1k I had paid him to book an EON for me, but I have cancelled that plan.
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:45   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
^^^ He said he will disclose the offer if I am really interested in buying one. I told him that my preference is diesel and I will let him know if I ever change my preference. Somehow, he did not seem genuine talking about all this. But, if you really want to know, I can go and find out since I anyway have to go to him and get 1k I had paid him to book an EON for me, but I have cancelled that plan.
Thanks, it would be good to know. Here in Pune, they are offering only 15k loyalty discount on the Petrol version.
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:13   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you I booked it on the 30th of January and have been promised delivery before the 1st week of March.
It worked upto to 12.50 On road rod with the accessory package which includes mats, 3m sunfilm and underbody teflon spray.
BTW the color I chose was Purple Fantasia.
Booked it at V3 Hyundai.They had the least waiting period of any other dealer.
Quote:
Ok this is confusing!In the south,the waiting period only around a month.But is it one year up north??
Isn't this situation a lot like the Vento which was available off the shelf in Delhi but one had to wait for six months down south??
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:40   #1604
Senior - BHPian

I just have a month and a little more to get my Verna. Have no idea about the waiting period in other cities. Other dealers gave me a waiting period of 3-6 months. But i year is a bit too much .
Old 4th February 2012, 23:08   #1605
BHPian

Took the petrol verna for a test drive today. My dad is getting a company paid car due to his promotion.The rules allow us to buy any petrol(no diesel) car below 10 lakhs ex-showroom.The car will be used as a family car on weekends and dad will be chauffeured to work from monday to friday.So we wanted a car that will have a decent back seat and space to accommodate four people with the very occasional 5th passenger.Should be powerful enough because i will be driving it after the driver goes back home at the end of the day.

So my dad sat in the back and i took the car for a spin. Dad found the the back seat OK but not very comfortable.He is 5 6'.If dad found the back uncomfortable i found the front even worse! Could not get a proper position.When i used to use the clutch to change gears my knee used to rub against the lower part of the dashboard, very irritating.I am 5 9', slightly on the heavy side so dont know if its because of me only.

Coming to the engine, Average for 123 horses! my mom's figo (1.2)felt more lively than this.The test car had covered 15k, was not pulling much in lower Rpm range for a 123 hp engine. I was driving it like a sports car, changing gears at 3000k to 3500rpm but the car did not excite me. Whenever i encountered a a slow moving car and had to slow down , as soon as i tried to up shift at about 2000k rpm the car pulled but gradually, no surge of pwoer or anything like that,felt like.Thought the car was not serviced properly so dont want to blame the engine on the whole,maybe if i get a properly maintained one my observations may change. Another grouse was the AC,did not chill the car fast,very slow to at least make my dad fell cool even though the temperature was set to lowest with max blower.The car was stable at speeds of 130,did not go higher due to traffic.Suspension is good though, eats up all the bumps and pot holes

My dad rulled the Verna because of the Average back seat and space and ineffective AC.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 4th February 2012 at 23:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks