Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 23:13   #1621
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
Ditto for my ride, I was begining to live with the heartbreaking thud sound when the second service cured it. The car is thud free for over a month now
The thud is very irritating in my case which comes from the rear. Is it the rear or front in your car? Can you inform what exactly the service centre did to the rear or front suspension to get rid of the thud, so that I can take up the matter with them when I will take my car for 2nd service. My car has done more than 9k now and the 2nd service will be due before 10k.

Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 18:04   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
...because they promised delivery in 3 weeks flat.
3 weeks, really ? I visited the bangalore Advaith dealership last week, and they said 32-34 weeks wait period. After some arguing they agreed to shorten it to 6 months (24-26 weeks) .
I sold my car last week, and now wanting to buy a new Verna, and (hopefully) drive down to Mumbai in april end, but the wait times are horrendous on these cars!

Anybody know anyone who can get me a new Black 1.6 CRDi Verna SX within 3-4 weeks (Bangalore) ?

I wonder when the car manufacturers will realize that 6 months of wait time changes the entire car landscape considering the amount of launches nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
Ditto for my ride, I was begining to live with the heartbreaking thud sound when the second service cured it. The car is thud free for over a month now
I had this trouble in my 2008 Verna, and they changed the "Universal Joint" under warranty. That fixed the trouble for good.

Last edited by manson : 26th March 2012 at 19:06. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 26th March 2012, 18:16   #1623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
3 weeks, really ? I visited the bangalore Advaith dealership last week, and they said 32-34 weeks wait period. After some arguing they agreed to shorten it to 6 months (24-26 weeks)
How does this help? Now, for the sake of getting your sale, they have agreed. But in reality, you may have to wait the same 32-24 weeks for delivery. What if your delivery gets delayed beyond 26 weeks? The dealers will never give the delivery time in writing, so you would NOT have a point to argue later.

Edit:: You might want to use the "Edit" feature than making back to back posts within 20 mins.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th March 2012 at 18:17.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:04   #1624
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
3 weeks, really ? I visited the bangalore Advaith dealership last week, and they said 32-34 weeks wait period. After some arguing they agreed to shorten it to 6 months (24-26 weeks) .
I sold my car last week, and now wanting to buy a new Verna, and (hopefully) drive down to Mumbai in april end, but the wait times are horrendous on these cars!

Anybody know anyone who can get me a new Black 1.6 CRDi Verna SX within 3-4 weeks (Bangalore) ?
You're looking for a diesel. I was looking for a petrol. You can still get a petrol immediately, you won't get a diesel for 6 months.

Quote:
I wonder when the car manufacturers will realize that 6 months of wait time changes the entire car landscape considering the amount of launches nowadays.
Car manufacturers wouldn't really care. They are manufacturing to their maximum capacity and selling. If one customer doesn't want to wait, another certainly will.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:18   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How does this help? Now, for the sake of getting your sale, they have agreed. But in reality, you may have to wait the same 32-24 weeks for delivery. What if your delivery gets delayed beyond 26 weeks? The dealers will never give the delivery time in writing, so you would NOT have a point to argue later.
I was shocked at the post which spoke about a 3 week commitment (and I didn't read about it being petrol - sorry!). No, it definitely doesn't help to have them say its down to 24-26 weeks. I was just saying even after arguing that is all they promised to me (not 3-4, but 24-26).

Agreed on the edit post - but I was replying to 2 different posts, and I did not know how to quote 2 different posts in 1 of mine - and I still do not know . Any pointers helpful here.. !
Old 26th March 2012, 23:28   #1626
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT:
Quote:
Agreed on the edit post - but I was replying to 2 different posts, and I did not know how to quote 2 different posts in 1 of mine - and I still do not know . Any pointers helpful here.. !
If you want to quote 2 or more posts, please click on "quote +" button for all posts [those will change color when activated / clicked] except the last one, and click on the "quote" button for the last post. So you will have all those posts in the same edit" window! Never mind, we all learn in due course of time.

So if you have 3 posts to quote, sequence could be "quote +" 1st post, "quote +" second post & "quote" last / 3rd quote.

Edit:: Got the pictorial representation for Multi-quotes - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th March 2012 at 23:31. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 13:53   #1627
sps
BHPian

My co-brother booked a Verna diesel (purple color) on Feb 18, 2012 at the calicut dealer.
Expected waiting time was given as 6 months.

Yesterday he got a call that he can take delivery this Friday. He is now in a dilemma as he did not expect to get it soon and has got some delay in arranging the finances.

The dealer also told that, if he take delivery on Friday, ie March 30, then he will not have to pay the additional VAT of 2% which the Kerala Govt. had recently announced.

Is there something fishy here or is the delivery time reduced all over India?

When we went for booking the dealer told that they are allotted 3 vernas each month and around 18 bookings are pending.
Old 27th March 2012, 15:07   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
My co-brother booked a Verna diesel (purple color) on Feb 18, 2012 at the calicut dealer.
Expected waiting time was given as 6 months.

Yesterday he got a call that he can take delivery this Friday. He is now in a dilemma as he did not expect to get it soon and has got some delay in arranging the finances.

The dealer also told that, if he take delivery on Friday, ie March 30, then he will not have to pay the additional VAT of 2% which the Kerala Govt. had recently announced.

Is there something fishy here or is the delivery time reduced all over India?

When we went for booking the dealer told that they are allotted 3 vernas each month and around 18 bookings are pending.
The main reason could be that someone else who had also booked a purple Verna may have cancelled the booking and that's how your brother
is getting the car so soon. Or Hyundai may have allotted a few more purple Vernas than expected

But it's always better to go and physically check the car before you pay. Will ensure that there is no mischief. Do a complete PDI

I also suggest that he takes the car before the price hike. Re-sale value wont be affected and he will end up saving a bit.
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 15:53   #1629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...The dealer also told that, if he take delivery on Friday, ie March 30, then he will not have to pay the additional VAT of 2% which the Kerala Govt. had recently announced.

Is there something fishy here or is the delivery time reduced all over India?..
Nothing fishy I would say! The company deliveries need not be in a strictly sequential order of booking. Usually a company manufactures one color in a lot. Am sure purple would be the least preferred color and Hyundai might have gone ahead and made a couple of lots of the color. Hence your are getting the car earlier. It could also happen that there was a cancellation of this car. Now think from this perspective - if your brother can't take delivery of this, it will be offered to the next one in line who would have been given a farther delivery time!

To confirm you are getting a new car, check the VIN & invoice copy of the car. As the SA said, if you can register the car before Apr 01, you can save the 2% RT as well, which will be implemented from Apr 01, 2012.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 16:58   #1630
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nothing fishy I would say! The company deliveries need not be in a strictly sequential order of booking.

To confirm you are getting a new car, check the VIN & invoice copy of the car. As the SA said, if you can register the car before Apr 01, you can save the 2% RT as well, which will be implemented from Apr 01, 2012.
Thanks swiftnfurious & Shome. Do you have any updates on the suspension update?
Is it worthy to wait for the update?

During the TD my brother found the suspension ok, but for me, it was way too bouncy for a powerful sedan, especially when it comes to hard cornering and swift overtaking maneuvers in two lane NHs of Kerala.

Last edited by sps : 27th March 2012 at 17:00.
Old 27th March 2012, 18:26   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
The thud is very irritating in my case which comes from the rear. Is it the rear or front in your car? Can you inform what exactly the service centre did to the rear or front suspension to get rid of the thud, so that I can take up the matter with them when I will take my car for 2nd service. My car has done more than 9k now and the 2nd service will be due before 10k.

Thanks
The thud noise will be rectified when you make a trip to the service center. Make sure whether the sound is coming from the front or the rear. From what I have heard the front is where the problem lies (atleast in my car and from many others who visited the service center). Now the ride too is much better. A bit more stable in high speeds. With my interaction with the service advisor in chennai, they are aware of this issue. And minor tweaks seem to help.

Quote:

During the TD my brother found the suspension ok, but for me, it was way too bouncy for a powerful sedan, especially when it comes to hard cornering and swift overtaking maneuvers in two lane NHs of Kerala.
I'm not sure if there is an update. But, tweaks to the suspension helps. The ride too was improved considerably in my car after the visit to the service center.

And grab the opportunity, if you get a car before the estimated delivery date. Make use of it.
Old 27th March 2012, 19:41   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
He is now in a dilemma as he did not expect to get it soon and has got some delay in arranging the finances.
Go ahead & take delivery of the car. There seems to be nothing fishy really. Do have a thorough check up before making final payment. In my case, I was also offered a 1.6 CRDI SX of different colour after approx 10 days of booking, when the normal waiting was 4-5 months.

Quote:
Had contacted Hyundai Service few days back. They did not confirm any thing like suspension upgrade of Verna in newer version. Wish Hyundai should take a leaf from Fiat( like Linea/Punto ) & offer a suspension/GC upgrade kit as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
The thud noise will be rectified when you make a trip to the service center. Make sure whether the sound is coming from the front or the rear. From what I have heard the front is where the problem lies (atleast in my car and from many others who visited the service center). Now the ride too is much better. A bit more stable in high speeds. With my interaction with the service advisor in chennai, they are aware of this issue. And minor tweaks seem to help.

I'm not sure if there is an update. But, tweaks to the suspension helps. The ride too was improved considerably in my car after the visit to the service center.
My car has problem at the rear. Hope this will be rectified during 2nd service.

Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 14:55   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to drive a manual petrol Verna for about 4 kms in the city. Could not exceed 80 KM/h. Hence cannot comment on high speed ride and handling. The NVH is very controlled ( compared to my Fiesta) but the engine is not responsive. You need to shift gears more but you don't experience a sudden surge of power in any RPM. Car is best suited for sedate driving. Also, I was not too happy with the effectivenes of the brakes. Steering is superlight and does not give feedback.
Old 8th April 2012, 03:10   #1634
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

The First Fluidic Verna on the forum to break a windshield.

The car was parked under a "Bel Patra" tree. Its a fruit much like a musk melon with a super hard wooden cover, mainly used to make a milk shake out of its pulp which is believed to keep you cool in summers. A fruit fell on the right hand top side of the winshield making a small circular hole at the point of impact and some cracks running outwards to the center of the screen. The fruit, I believe was at a height of not more than 7 ft from the point of contact. It would be the size that could easily fit into ones palm and would not weigh more than 300 gm, judging by how malnourished a tree I remember it to be.

Back home, the vehicle has been sent to the workshop for a replacement of the windscreen.

Estimate: Rs. 8600/-

Will try to get more details and share them here. Poor quality glass I would say. I can't trust this windscreen taking bird hit on the highway now. :/
Old 9th April 2012, 11:26   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Isnt there a modded Fluidic Verna on T-Bhp? Would love to see one with rear spoiler, extra body work and even a cool paint job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks