Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 16:52   #166
BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
The Insurance is from Royal Sundaram but i think what i meant about paying 84% was the total bill also included consumables for the a/c condenser, coolant, power steering oil and plus i had to pay 50% for the plastic parts such as headlights and bumper.

Here is the list of major parts changes

1. Front Bumper complete with cover FO
2. Headlamp Assy both RH & LH
3. Radiator
4. A/c Condenser (Fiat Part)
5. Radiator Frame component (Fiat part)
6. Hood Shell Assy
7. Fog lamp LH

@Mods please change the thread title to "Tata Manza:: A new Story Begins......Rebirth...8800kms complete"
Oh. its almost a small Rebirth, Radiator/ Frame and Hood Shell Assy would have been the major contributors to this huge figure.
Based on my experience, I would suggest you to take TATA AIG Insurance with Depreceation cover. I did the same.

When I was left with bruises on both sides of my ride's rear doors, ( Incident description shared in my Long term owner ship thread in the Assembly Line section. Will soon make it public), I paid only 500 bucks of the Rs. 9.5k quote from Carnation Auto. Rest all was covered by my Zero Depreciation plan of Insurance. It included only dent removal and painting though.

Our Insurance experts thread has a very big mention of this ' Zero Depreciation' product from Tata AIG. Just have a look at it.

Meawhile, Happy Manza'ing!
Old 6th February 2012, 20:57   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Update

So finally the Toothless is back home after the surgery for almost a month.

And this is how it looks after the work, i would say pretty good patching of the paint, you cant make out. This was taken somewhere near Chitoor on the drive back.
Attachment 883385

Hirak, do you have one of those Kajal pens at home which the ladies use. Well you should have a black tika on toothless asap. It looks stunning as ever.

Glad you got it back.

OT: Get your next service from Concorde. I went for my 5K at Hyderabad and was very happy. No issues what so ever and the service advisor was well educated.
Old 6th February 2012, 23:42   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hirak, do you have one of those Kajal pens at home which the ladies use. Well you should have a black tika on toothless asap. It looks stunning as ever.

Glad you got it back.

OT: Get your next service from Concorde. I went for my 5K at Hyderabad and was very happy. No issues what so ever and the service advisor was well educated.
Yeah it requires one "kala teeka", anyways was planning on visiting the temple again. I will stick to Prerana and give them some more chance as they were able to resolve one of the most teething problems i was facing.
Old 13th February 2012, 21:56   #169
BHPian

Quote:
SNIP: Pic with red dots indicating parts changed
You have red dots on everything visible from the front of the car, except the roof, windshield, and side mirrors :-P

BTW, did Tata give you an exchange bonus on a Maruti Zen?! Sounds reasonable - they offer a bonus so you can switch from a competitor brand. Maruti would give me an exchange bonus only on another Maruti - a different approach to brand loyalty.
Old 14th February 2012, 11:32   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
You have red dots on everything visible from the front of the car, except the roof, windshield, and side mirrors :-P

BTW, did Tata give you an exchange bonus on a Maruti Zen?! Sounds reasonable - they offer a bonus so you can switch from a competitor brand. Maruti would give me an exchange bonus only on another Maruti - a different approach to brand loyalty.
Yeah they gave 20k exchange bonus, as along as these policies benefits the end consumer who wants to complain
Old 20th February 2012, 16:44   #171
Senior - BHPian

Got the wiper blades changed to Hella DynaEdge. I was searching for Bosch AeroTwins but i guess there is no supply of this product for sometime. Used the wipers just once and they are soundless, you can just see it move but no hear. Couple of pics of the label and the rates. This was procured from Sachin's Autoshop.

Size: 24" & 16"

One funny thing, you will notice when you take a Tata car to a auto accessories shop looking for these odd items is they are pretty surprised to hear such things. Infact they ended up asking about the ICE as well, though its a modest system not many use Amps and stuff in a Tata car i guess and plus i have changed the HU as well

Excuse me for the bad quality pics its my modest phone cam

The brand name

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000047.jpg
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000048.jpg

Price of the 24" one
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000050.jpg

Price for the 16" one
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000051.jpg
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 19:16   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Got the wiper blades changed to Hella DynaEdge. I was searching for Bosch AeroTwins but i guess there is no supply of this product for sometime.
thanks for sharing motomaverick. If possible, can you please post the pic of these wiper blades? From one of the pictures these seem to be frameless wipers (like on linea/ punto). Is this correct? Are Bosch Aerotwins also of same type?

If so, I would like to change these in my car. I have looked for these earlier but could not get. They are expensive though but should be worth the money.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 20th February 2012 at 19:22.
Old 21st February 2012, 09:11   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
thanks for sharing motomaverick. If possible, can you please post the pic of these wiper blades? From one of the pictures these seem to be frameless wipers (like on linea/ punto). Is this correct? Are Bosch Aerotwins also of same type?

If so, I would like to change these in my car. I have looked for these earlier but could not get. They are expensive though but should be worth the money.
Yeah, these are frameless wiper blades much like those on a Linea or Punto. Its also got supposedely a grafite coating for smooth and noiseless operation, plus a single steel spine without any joints. Actually these are cheaper than some of the other unknown imported brands available today. I used to use one from Siliper and they costed 1400 for the Zen.

Bosch i don't know but none of the Auto accessories guys had the size for the Manza, also they quoted that these are in short supply. I tried using these wipers yesterday to test and they do a good job, only thing to see now is how long will they last since my car is parked outside.

Last edited by motomaverick : 21st February 2012 at 09:12.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:38   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick
Got the wiper blades changed to Hella DynaEdge. I was searching for Bosch AeroTwins but i guess there is no supply of this product for sometime. Used the wipers just once and they are soundless, you can just see it move but no hear. Couple of pics of the label and the rates. This was procured from Sachin's Autoshop.

Size: 24" & 16"

One funny thing, you will notice when you take a Tata car to a auto accessories shop looking for these odd items is they are pretty surprised to hear such things. Infact they ended up asking about the ICE as well, though its a modest system not many use Amps and stuff in a Tata car i guess and plus i have changed the HU as well

Excuse me for the bad quality pics its my modest phone cam

The brand name

Price of the 24" one

Price for the 16" one
Thank you very much for this wonderful piece of info!!!

Was looking for this.

Can you please post some pics of the actual thing as well ?

& yes - people don't expect Tata users to go for such upgrades.

We are a rare breed.

Can you please post some pics of your HU as well.

Thank you.
Old 24th February 2012, 09:46   #175
Senior - BHPian

Here you go, one picture of how the wipers look in real terms, dont see the dirty windshield its due for a wash

Will post a HU pic soon.

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000052.jpg

Got hold of a new car perfum as well while i was there in Autoshop, so new brand, it does smell nice, orangish but not that powerful that you have to snarle your nose.

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000055.jpg
Old 29th February 2012, 23:11   #176
Senior - BHPian

Alloys!!!!

Yipeeee!!! My Manza got new wheels aka Alloys

Here are a couple of pics taken just after installation through mobile, will get a good set in daylight.

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000064.jpg

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000065.jpg

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000066.jpg

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000067.jpg

@Dr.Suraj: Pic of the HU

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000057.jpg
Old 9th March 2012, 20:57   #177
BHPian

Re: Alloys!!!!

Quote:
Yipeeee!!! My Manza got new wheels aka Alloys

Here are a couple of pics taken just after installation through mobile, will get a good set in daylight.

@Dr.Suraj: Pic of the HU

Attachment 895340
Thank you very much for these pics.

LOVED the RIMS.

Brilliant.

Seriously Inspiration !

Thank you.

Happy Driving !
Old 11th March 2012, 11:13   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Thank you very much for these pics.

LOVED the RIMS.

Brilliant.

Seriously Inspiration !

Thank you.

Happy Driving !

Thanks Doc, IMHO these look much better than the OE alloys plus its a 6.5 width. Not many do a lot of mods on a Tata sedan
Old 11th March 2012, 18:57   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Doc, IMHO these look much better than the OE alloys plus its a 6.5 width. Not many do a lot of mods on a Tata sedan
I agree !

Definitely a rarity.
& whats even more rare about most mods is that they are not usually done so tastefully & thoughtfully.

Really liked your RIMS.

Suit the cars persona & profile.

Thanks for the pics !
Old 12th March 2012, 08:58   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
I agree !

Definitely a rarity.
& whats even more rare about most mods is that they are not usually done so tastefully & thoughtfully.

Really liked your RIMS.

Suit the cars persona & profile.

Thanks for the pics !
Thanks, heres some clear pics after a wash

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-untitled.png

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-dsc02574.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks