Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 09:31   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Horn Upgrade

After the recent travels on the highway i found that the horn was pretty inadequate when you want the roadside people to hear that you are coming from a long way so that no one cross the road or something, also trucks were pretty deaf to the sound. So yesterday went ahead and changed the horn to the following:

Stebel TM80 Red, its a dual horn from Stebel and sounds like Vento or Polo, and is loud. It costed 700 bucks and purchased from Glamour Cars, Koramangala. No wires were cut but just spliced and the horns were connected.

Attaching a pic taken from Stebel website
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-tm80magnumblack.jpg  

Old 17th November 2011, 11:34   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79
Also, check if the guy while cleaning engine bay is using any light spary/ jet of water. This might also be a possible cause.
It is strictly instructed by Fiat - Not to clean the engine bay/ under hood with water jets. No matter how light or slow the water jet is. Instead use dry air jets to clean all the dust away from the bay and wipe off any hard sludge/ dried out mud with soft brushes if required.
Same applies to all QJT/ MJT/ DDIS engines.
I got this info from the S.A.
This is a trend in Bangalore. Even the Authorised Service Centres are not blameless. I can't understand the obsession with water spraying the engine bay. Would rather have working electricals than a squeaky clean engine :frustrati:
Old 19th November 2011, 19:18   #108
Senior - BHPian

Update: 2nd Free Service Complete

Just came back after taking the vehicle delivery from the 2nd service. Like i had mentioned about the problem about the jerkiness at 2500 - 3000rpm in 3rd to 5th gear, the problem has now been resolved in this service. They cleaned up all the hoses and pipes in air filter, turbo etc. Did a test drive for sometime and did not observe it despite the engine being slightly cold. So I would rate this 2nd service slightly better than the first as I have come back home happy.

Also the perceptible suspension sound which was occurring since few days when going over humps has seem to be subsided as well.

Last edited by motomaverick : 19th November 2011 at 19:20.
Old 19th November 2011, 21:13   #109
BHPian

Congrats!! Well written review. Its was a wise decision to go for this car. Not a drivers delight but a very practical family car, loaded to the brim. The built quality a huge leap for tatas and comfort and features are always tatas hallmark. Just hoping their *** improves.
Happy miles ahead!!
Old 20th November 2011, 08:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Congrats!! Well written review. Its was a wise decision to go for this car. Not a drivers delight but a very practical family car, loaded to the brim. The built quality a huge leap for tatas and comfort and features are always tatas hallmark. Just hoping their *** improves.
Happy miles ahead!!
Thanks, well it has improved quite a bit but still some time to go in terms of explaining the job that was done in the car, regular updates during service etc. In this regard i found Maruti pretty good, wherein the SA actually sit with you and explain the work done and charges. Since now Tata is seeing more privately owned family cars being sold, that should change quickly.
Old 20th November 2011, 12:39   #111
BHPian

Congrats Motomaverick on a happy service experience. I wish I had the same. During the first service, I had mentioned the problem of dashboard rattling. When the SA called me later, for telling me that the car is ready, I asked him about the rattling problem. 'Has it been sorted out?'
SA- 'Umm.. Sir, we have made some adjustments and the sound has become less and we still have to check'.

How can a rattle be 'LESS'? Either its there, or it isn't. Obviously, they hadn't even cared to check the problem and when I got my car back, the noise was still the same. Hats off to Tata after sales.
Old 20th November 2011, 12:44   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Congrats Motomaverick on a happy service experience. I wish I had the same. During the first service, I had mentioned the problem of dashboard rattling. When the SA called me later, for telling me that the car is ready, I asked him about the rattling problem. 'Has it been sorted out?'
SA- 'Umm.. Sir, we have made some adjustments and the sound has become less and we still have to check'.

How can a rattle be 'LESS'? Either its there, or it isn't. Obviously, they hadn't even cared to check the problem and when I got my car back, the noise was still the same. Hats off to Tata after sales.
Is this the same rattle reported in the Manza Issues thread. If yes it has a fix but that needs the ICE removed and a small screw tightened.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

Even i faced rattle but i came to the conclusion it that was coming from the tweeters & components box which was fixed on the upper portion inside the default space on the dashboard so i did not report. Let me try to fix that then see if its still coming.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:19   #114
BHPian

What I think is the case in my car, is the screw behind the HU is loose like bblost mentioned. I did not know about this before the service, so I didn't tell the SA to check that. Now that I do, I will definitely bring it to their notice.
I know there is already a DIY on this, but I don't think I'll be able to dismantle the dash and fix it back on my own. Better leave it to the hands of professionals.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Just got some seat covers installed on the car today. Costed some 6500 from Autoform. Felt the price was higher since its just the seat covers but i only had todays day to fix, so got them

Brand: Autoform
Type: Art Leather
Design: Ultra Plus
Color: Coco/Off-white

Here are a couple of pictures from mobile, promise to get some in daylight during the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000003.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000004.jpg  

Tata Manza: The story ends @ 45,000 kms-wp_000005.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2011, 23:15   #116
BHPian

The new seat covers look very nice. Probably need better pics to do justice though
Old 25th November 2011, 18:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Update: 2nd Free Service Complete

Just came back after taking the vehicle delivery from the 2nd service. Like i had mentioned about the problem about the jerkiness at 2500 - 3000rpm in 3rd to 5th gear, the problem has now been resolved in this service. They cleaned up all the hoses and pipes in air filter, turbo etc. Did a test drive for sometime and did not observe it despite the engine being slightly cold. So I would rate this 2nd service slightly better than the first as I have come back home happy.

Also the perceptible suspension sound which was occurring since few days when going over humps has seem to be subsided as well.
I think i will have to bite my tongue here as two of the issues reported to be fixed in 2nd service has resurfaced.

1. Jerk at around 2500rpm
2. Metal sound when steering is turned towards the left and car is moved. Does not come in standstill. I know this sounds strange so even i am intrigued what could be the issue.

Will try to go to the workshop tomorrow morning, lets see what happens.

Last edited by motomaverick : 25th November 2011 at 18:40.
Old 25th November 2011, 18:48   #118
BANNED

Congrats on the new Covers, Maverick.

My dealer is quoting me 6.5K for U-Cheer by Auotform.

I would be thankful if you may let me know the price that you paid for the seat covers.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 25th November 2011, 18:56   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
If you are talking about a loud squeaking sound that comes from the front wheels when you go over a speed breaker at any speed, then the front suspension bush is the cause. Atleast that's what my service advisor told me. Had it replaced during 2nd Service under warranty. If this sound has returned would advise you to get the bushes checked.
Old 28th November 2011, 11:13   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
If you are talking about a loud squeaking sound that comes from the front wheels when you go over a speed breaker at any speed, then the front suspension bush is the cause. Atleast that's what my service advisor told me. Had it replaced during 2nd Service under warranty. If this sound has returned would advise you to get the bushes checked.
Yeah the same problem, has not reoccured, what the workshop said was they took out the assembly and reassembled nothing was changed though.

Update on the jerk problem

Actual Problem
1. Jerk felt as if there is loss of power when the turbo spools and is about to open i.e. anywhere between 2500 to 2800 rpm.

Diagnosis
1. Air filter cleaned
2. 1.3MJD engine management software hooked up and check nothing reported
3. Turbo spooler sensor had some dust and was cleaned, this is near the intercooler
4. Injectors also cleaned

After doing the above we still noticed the problem. The mechanic was trying to sell me the view that since it comes during 2800 rpm when the turbo opens we should press full accelerator and not be light footed. I was not convinced and so Prerana SA Sharanappa & I took the test drive of a different Manza and we did not notice that problem with or without a/c and with a light foot on the accelerator. Also during idle the engine note is smooth, so i left my car there since i had work and got a call later yesterday that they worked on some parts and now the car is fine, so i will go an check today.

Last edited by motomaverick : 28th November 2011 at 11:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks