Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 13:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Manza:: The Story Continues:: 20,000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I don't have an email address, but had used the feedback form on the Tata site once, with near instant results. Complaint sent in the evening and the SA called the very next day.
Just came back from the stockyard again and saw a new car and finalized. This one is a June 2011 manufactured car all is well. Infact i would have to say that because of this post in Tbhp the Tata divisional mgr called me and assured that this new car will be delivered on Monday. He seems to have read this post.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 16:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Good news indeed, and lets hope that this is the beginning of the end of your car troubles.

I'll hold the congratulations till you actually get the car Look forward to the ownership thread. Which colour and variant have you selected, by the way?
Old 10th September 2011, 17:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good news indeed, and lets hope that this is the beginning of the end of your car troubles.

I'll hold the congratulations till you actually get the car Look forward to the ownership thread. Which colour and variant have you selected, by the way?
I have booked the Aura variant Quadrajet white color. Yes i will holdon to my smiles till mondqy. But what a new car buying experience. Never forget.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Just came back from the stockyard again and saw a new car and finalized. This one is a June 2011 manufactured car all is well. Infact i would have to say that because of this post in Tbhp the Tata divisional mgr called me and assured that this new car will be delivered on Monday. He seems to have read this post.
First of all congratulations on your purchase. Really T-BHP has helped everyone to easily identify the bad apple. I guess its practice in every trade the other party tries to make more out of you if you are not well informed.

Also good to know that TATA guys are following the thread so it means they are really serious about ownership experience. All the best for your new cars and have niggle free ride with the most spacious car.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:36   #35
BHPian

Re: Manza:: A new Story Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey Sridhar, nice to meet another Manza owner, which color and variant did you buy? Hows the vehicle performing?
I got Aura+ (Gothic Olive) Here is the link to my ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

BTW, certain things never change with Tata dealership. Nice to know that TML is acting on feedback in TBHP.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: Manza:: A new Story Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I got Aura+ (Gothic Olive) Here is the link to my ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

BTW, certain things never change with Tata dealership. Nice to know that TML is acting on feedback in TBHP.
I went through your ownership and its nice to see your car with elan alloys, not my personal liking but somehow it suites the Gothic Olive color

I guess most of the dealerships are like that, but atleast they are acting instead of brushing away the fault.
Old 13th September 2011, 10:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Finally the Story Begins

Finally got the keys to the Hachi we call it fondly or the white whale i.e. the Tata Manza yesterday. As you all would be knowing the hassles through which I had to go during last week and how delays to the delivery happened. Overall, the end result was pretty satisfying as I was able to get June 2011 manufactured car.

The car buying process was already discussed in this thread so this is essentially a continuation from that first post

It was really exciting for all our family members mainly Wife, Mom-in-law, sis-in-law and all 3 were present yesterday to take the delivery. This is the first brand new car in the family and hence, the excitement is always present. I actually had a few butterfly’s in my stomach because driving a Zen for years you are kind of used to the length & width of the small car and the distance from the front bumper to the next vehicle. Since traffic sense or the lack of it in Bangalore it gets pretty concerning when driving a big sedan for the first time after upgrading from a small car.

However, I was amazed at how easy it was to drive this Manza in heavy traffic, you are pretty sealed off from all the noise and pollution once the windows are rolled up and the vehicle being big if you occupy a particular space in the traffic no once can budge you

Let me segregate the initial experience of owning this car for less than 24 hours

Dealer Experience
My dealer experience can be summarized in a graph that I will post tonight. Due to the intervention of the VP of Tata & Div Mgr Prerana I got a proper car instead of a lemon that they tried to handover last Friday.

Exterior

The looks great from the rear 3 quarter and the front head on. I specially beginning to like the shape of the boot which some or most people hate, but it’s kind of shaped ala Cadillac is what I feel. Overall the dimensions of the car are big and it will take me some time to get adjusted to the length, width of the car to maneuver in traffic or parking. But with the light clutch its not so bad to drive around the car. The wheels are Bridgestone’s S230 which should serve level for quite a few kms. The tires are silent from the 40 kms that I have driven this vehicle since yesterday. The color dew white really suites the Manza as it gives a luxury car feel from the outside. During night the dew white changes its color to somewhat pearlish which really looks cool (check the night pics)

Interior

The interiors are shod in black and light beige color and with the big glass’ gives the car a roomy feel. Whats the USP of the car, the acreage or the space that it gives. The space I feel is equivalent to a few cars 2 segments higher than the Manza and 3 adults can comfortably sit in the rear bench. If you are of the thinner variety then you can easily fit 4 comfortably is what I feel. Though no seat covers as of now but since the light beige is a dirt magnet I am planning to get art leather seat covers in sometime probably next month.

The space inside truly equates to the Manza ad that we saw in TV sometime back, Biggggggg space

A lot of chubby holes and places to keep things have been provided specially the tray underneath the passenger side seat is really a good addition to keep books or CDs or any other nick nacks

What can I say about the boot. I can sum it up in one word, its huge, my wife was so excited about the boot space since we are coming from the Zen era which hardly has any boot so to speak, that she sat inside the boot and we could see that there is still space left for one more person to fit inside

Instrument

The instrument cluster and the other switches are pretty good. I am upgrading from the Zen to the difference felt is huge. All the switches are backlit and hence, its really easy to use them at night. They have a white glow to them and it really looks cool. The dials are good to read in day & night with again white illumination overall. The only sore point I would say is the MID fonts which could have been small and stylish lets say a Calibri type font rather than the current ones which look like they are from a by gone era.

Engine

I can’t comment much about the engine as of now as the car is still under run-in and hence, I am not exceeding beyond 2k rpm in any gear. But besides the turbo lag its really easy to drive the car. I still have to get used to driving a diesel car as in petrol a slight tap on the accelerator pedal would evoke a response from the Zen but here a tap does not work and you have to be a little more gentle with the pedal but I guess the engine would be more responsive once the first service is over.

The best and the most awesome thing about the engine? If I use the AC there is no power drop, this was such a PIA in the Zen that I really hated using the AC even in summers. But this car, whether you have the AC on or not does not make any difference and that’s really good.

So here it is my initial impressions of this awesome car that I have driven only for about 40 kms as of yesterday. In one sentence I can sum it, it’s the conversation I had with my better half at night

[me] So are you happy with the car?
[W] Oh yes, I think we made a really good decision to go for this car
[me] Yes, its true!

Some add-ons that are planned

This week
1. Sunfilm on the Windows – 3M CS-20 is what I am planning
2. Reverse Parking – Already purchased Autocop Parkpro
3. ICE – I have my earlier HU, Rear spk, amp, sub and I purchased Morel Maximo
4. Nitrogen in Tires
5. 3D Kagu mats

Later on

1. Headlight upgrade specially the high beam – Found it less, Zen had 130
2. Horn – Really feeble for such a big car
3. Seat Covers – Planning on art leather as they are easier to clean as well
4. Under body coating

I know pics are pendig, will upload them once at home
Old 13th September 2011, 11:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations on your purchase (and receipt) of a wonderful car. Wish you miles of safe motoring!!

As traditional at TBHP, I'm going to suggest another item to add to your list of future upgrades A colleague recently installed an autocop automatic window winder. When the car is locked using the remote, it checks and closes any window(s) that are not closed. Useful, and adds to the style quotient

Looking forward to pics and your impressions as you continue your journey with the new vehicle.
Old 13th September 2011, 12:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations on your purchase (and receipt) of a wonderful car. Wish you miles of safe motoring!!

As traditional at TBHP, I'm going to suggest another item to add to your list of future upgrades A colleague recently installed an autocop automatic window winder. When the car is locked using the remote, it checks and closes any window(s) that are not closed. Useful, and adds to the style quotient

Looking forward to pics and your impressions as you continue your journey with the new vehicle.
Thanks Velum, i noticed that you were following this thread keenly

Any ideas on the cost of this unit and is that universal fitment or depends on the existing power window unit specification.
Old 13th September 2011, 13:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

Thanks Velum, i noticed that you were following this thread keenly

Any ideas on the cost of this unit and is that universal fitment or depends on the existing power window unit specification.
Yup, I am

The unit is a plug n play kinda device that uses the existing power window setup and remote locking. The setup takes about 15 minutes. In fact, my colleague got it installed in office, the autocop guys came over to the office and installed it in the parking. It has been a week that my colleague has been using it, so will get his opinion on the device and PM you the cost details and phone number.

PS. Forgot to mention that my colleague also has a Manza

Last edited by VeluM : 13th September 2011 at 13:02.
Old 13th September 2011, 13:02   #41
BHPian

Hello Motomaverick!

Congratulations and welcome to the Manza club, or should i be slightly more specific and say the "Dew White Manza" club..

Wishing you a great ownership experience and loads of miles in your new car!

one small tip, For the first one month, keep a lookout for any niggles in your car and sort it out ASAP with the dealership. Its best to sort out things immediately rather than wait for the service check up.

cheers!
sai
Old 13th September 2011, 13:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I am

The unit is a plug n play kinda device that uses the existing power window setup and remote locking. The setup takes about 15 minutes. In fact, my colleague got it installed in office, the autocop guys came over to the office and installed it in the parking. It has been a week that my colleague has been using it, so will get his opinion on the device and PM you the cost details and phone number.

PS. Forgot to mention that my colleague also has a Manza
I guess one more will be added to the Manza club?

Ok PM me the cost and his opinion on the same, i faced yesterday that i had to roll up the rear windows before locking the car a couple of times, rear passengers forgetting to windup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Hello Motomaverick!

Congratulations and welcome to the Manza club, or should i be slightly more specific and say the "Dew White Manza" club..

Wishing you a great ownership experience and loads of miles in your new car!

one small tip, For the first one month, keep a lookout for any niggles in your car and sort it out ASAP with the dealership. Its best to sort out things immediately rather than wait for the service check up.

cheers!
sai
Thanks Sai, so I guess you too are a member of the Dew White club, we should meet up sometime. I really like the color especially the way it turns the color of a pearl at night

Yes i do plan to keep a look out for any niggles but thankfully none in these few 40 kms

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2011 at 13:44. Reason: READ our rules. No more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 13th September 2011, 13:26   #43
BHPian

Congrats motomaverick, and Welcome to the 'Manza Club'.
Your whole family would be treated with lots of space and comfort when ever they use this 'Complete family Sedan'

Awaiting your experience with Pics.

Happy Manza'ing!

My buying and initial ownership experience is still in the Assembly line thread. Will soon post the same.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congrats motomaverick, and Welcome to the 'Manza Club'.
Your whole family would be treated with lots of space and comfort when ever they use this 'Complete family Sedan'

Awaiting your experience with Pics.

Happy Manza'ing!

My buying and initial ownership experience is still in the Assembly line thread. Will soon post the same.
Thanks Maverick, waiting for your ownership review. but hows the car performing now? Any major niggles?
Old 13th September 2011, 15:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Just PMed you the details. Update this thread if you do get the item fitted!

Last edited by VeluM : 13th September 2011 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks