Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 18:21   #16
rem

Re: BumbleBee :: First Swift ZDI in Pune & Team BHP

Congratulations Racer X the car looks better in its newer avatar more so the interiors. So it would be nice if you could post some interior photos.
Old 6th September 2011, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
So how did you manage to get the car so quickly which others are struggling to? Any secret weapon on hand, mind sharing some tips.
Got intel early on so booked early and the dealer happens to be a friend of my dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Do let us know if you feel any difference in the drive feel of this vis-à-vis the older model.
More pics are a must. Specifically of the interiors. The plastic quality seems to have improved, can you confirm?

Drive safe! Congrats once again.
Thanks Swanand! Will mention the differences in my driver review today!

The plastic quality has improved by miles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
First of all congrats .
If you've had an experience driving the old swift , is the weight eduction evident ? Also , like a few others pointed out , we'd like to see some interior pics.
I'd like to see the mileage figures in the long run . I've heard teh waiting periods have now gone up to about 6 months . Congrats on being one of the early birds .
Thank You! The wait reduction is not that evident and since I have not made any long tours difficult to gauge the mileage. Will post interior pics tonite.
Old 6th September 2011, 20:15   #18
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Racer_X on your new acquisition.

The new Swift looks good in white. I also like the alloy design. Wishing you thousands of miles of trouble free and enjoyable driving experience.

Hey... Need the interior pics asap.
Old 7th September 2011, 02:15   #19
BHPian

Congrats Racer_X, and must I say, an excellent review.

All I could gather from other BHPians' opinions was that the "boot" is the worst in its segment. But, now that you call it "decent", which took me by surprise, I can spend the waiting period time a bit more relaxed now (psychologically ).

Anyways, my heartiest wishes for you and BumbleBee.

Cheers!

EDIT: Fuel efficiency figures?

Last edited by manjot1912 : 7th September 2011 at 02:19.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:15   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Racer_X! White ANSS looks great.
Any particular reason to go for Mahalkshmi dealer? Did you try any other MUL dealer in Pune? Just curious on pros and cons of various MUL dealerships in Pune.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:23   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new possession. Good and detailed review. I just love the swift in white. Yes as you said the interiors are really superb.

You are among the lucky few to have got the swift a few weeks after launch, with especially now the production being severely impacted due to the strike at Manesar. Enjoy your new drive.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:24   #22
Team-BHP Support

Hearty congratulations Racer_X. Thanks for the driving impressions. Didn't you find the end of dash near the pedals a little bit of a hindrance in pedal movement? My shoes kept interfering with the dash while depressing clutch / brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Any particular reason to go for Mahalkshmi dealer? Did you try any other MUL dealer in Pune? Just curious on pros and cons of various MUL dealerships in Pune.
Its really good on his part to have opted for Mahalaxmi automotive. There's a review coming up regarding Sai Service soon.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Congrats Racer_X, and must I say, an excellent review.

All I could gather from other BHPians' opinions was that the "boot" is the worst in its segment. But, now that you call it "decent", which took me by surprise, I can spend the waiting period time a bit more relaxed now (psychologically ).

Anyways, my heartiest wishes for you and BumbleBee.

Cheers!

EDIT: Fuel efficiency figures?
Thank You for the wishes! The boot is decent as it can accomodate 1 full size overseas bag, a cabin bag along with a sack which is sufficient for wifey and me for a weekend outing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Mahalaxmi is one of the early dealers to have the test drive car and the people are really friendly and responsive. They promised me the delivery date and kept it. They explained the cost break up and said insurance could be done from outside along with its pros and cons. They have the showroom and the service station really close to my house. They also provide free pick and drop of the vehicle during servicing. They suggested the underbody and teflon coating but were not pushy. During delivery the sales rep was well informed about the features and explained patiently and answered all my queries to satisfaction. I strongly recommend Mahalaxmi. Will PM you the sales rep details if you want.

Hope this helps!!
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 10:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Racer_X on the ZDi. The car looks great in white.

One of my friends car, a 2007 Pearl White Swift LDi was called Bumble Bee. The thread is there in long term ownership reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Nice slot for closing the hatch, but there is a problem while visiting Malls/multiplex/office during security checks as there is no lever to open from inside.
There is an electromagnetic button underneath the hatch door. You can see half of it in this picture as well. That button right in between the 2 lights for number plate illumination.
BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc03151.jpg

Press that to open the boot when the car is unlocked. The fairly long button is placed in such a way that, it falls to the hand if one is trying to lift the door.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats Racer_X on the ZDi. The car looks great in white.
There is an electromagnetic button underneath the hatch door. You can see half of it in this picture as well. That button right in between the 2 lights for number plate illumination.
Attachment 605730
Press that to open the boot when the car is unlocked. The fairly long button is placed in such a way that, it falls to the hand if one is trying to lift the door.
Thank you for the wishes deetjohn.
I know about the electromagnetic button underneath the hatch door but the security gaurds are an uninformed lot and hence have to get down to open the hatch which is irritating at times.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congarts Racer_X on new ride.Yesterday here in blore i also saw a white new Swift vxi and boy it looked nice and abit longer also.
One thing i have noticed is that the logos like the "MARUTI SUZUKI /SWIFT/VXI or ZXI" on the rear hatch door , looks like are not placed or aligned properly,is it only me who found this or you also think the same .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
but there is a problem while visiting Malls/multiplex/office during security checks as there is no lever to open from inside.
Hmmmm, that's strange, even my Ritz has a lever to open the hatch door from inside.In Ritz the lever is placed next to the lever which open the lid for fuel .
Could you please crosscheck the same .

Cheers
Old 7th September 2011, 10:31   #27
BHPian

Neat review Racer_X. I too am awaiting delivery of a White ZDi, so would be glued to any updates that you have in store. I'll be getting it sometime in October first week.
I haven't driven it yet, but no dead pedal
I am quite used to dead pedals and would have to test drive to get the feel of it. Silly mistake by Maruti along with not providing split seats.

Congrats on your acquisition

Also, any updates in the pipeline? Headlamps et al?
Old 7th September 2011, 10:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X
I know about the electromagnetic button underneath the hatch door but the security gaurds are an uninformed lot and hence have to get down to open the hatch which is irritating at times.
I guess they will get used to it when there are more cars on the roads. But right now, it looks a distant dream with the strike going on and on.

The L & V variants do have a remote boot opener as there is no electromagnetic button on the hatch door. But the key hole on the boot door looks out of place in them.

Last edited by deetjohn : 7th September 2011 at 10:34. Reason: Adding the quote
Old 7th September 2011, 10:41   #29
BHPian

Congrats Racer_X. Your car looks fantastic in white and you are lucky to have the car delivered to you this early.

The lack of a boot release lever shouldn't be a big deal. The electromagnetic switch is convenient and most security staff at malls are aware of this by now. I haven't any such issues in my ZXi which has the same boot release mechanism.

I am surprised you didn't like the meatiness of the steering wheel. It sure is better than the old Swift barring the horn pad location which is not ergonomic. Makes you have to take your hand off the wheel to honk.

I would be keen to hear from you on the car's build quality as you clock more miles. Hopefully, the squeaks and rattles which were the weak points in the old Swift have been put to rest.

I am happy to hear about the boot's capabilities. It does look tiny but if it can accept couple of bags for a weekend getaway, it should be a acceptable.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 7th September 2011 at 10:44.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:54   #30
BHPian

Thats a big Wow, Racer_X! Owning an '09 Swift VDi, I was telling myself that this new avatar is no good and that the Old Swift still retains the charm and stands out of the crowd. I don't know if its the photos, the fresh scene of a new car or the way you have phographed Bumblebee, man I am loving this car! I saw this car in Dubai showroom about 8 months back. But nothing stirred in the inside. I mean that leap that the heart takes when it eyes something like a car, but man your car sure does. That white colour is a beauty (mine is a white as well).

I sure would consider exchanging my old one now. And the ZDi is one of the many reasons I would. An airbag has become a necessity now. Enjoy your Swift miles safely dude!

Cherio
Champion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks