Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 14:45   #46
BHPian

Re: BumbleBee :: First Swift ZDI in Pune & Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Sure enough ACC does exactly what you've said. But in Delhi when temperature is consistently 40+ the power of the blower becomes critically important. Well in home AC there is a Quick Cool Mode in which the temperature is set to min (yeah, you can change the temp setting) and blower is set on maximum (you cannot change this setting). And it depends on the power of the blower how quickly it cools the room. This capacity varies according to make and model.

So let me rephrase my question. 1) Is the blower powerful enough to throw the droughts of cool air on the face of back seat passengers (in case of i20 I am told it is pathetic)? 2) How quickly the ACC makes rear seat passengers comfortable when the temperature is above 40 and car has been in sun for hours together?
I am not immune to those extreme temperatures in Mumbai. It does go 40+ at times. And from what I have seen, the blower will stay at max speed for a very long time when outside temp. is lets say 40+, car is parked in the sun and you set the ACC to lets say 24 C. The ACC will take hell of a time to achieve 24 C and the blower speed will be close to max ensuring you have a good air flow even for back benchers. I have the ZXi and the ACC is effective even at 40+. You just need to give it time to achieve the set temp.

The i20's A/C is known to be weak. I don't think we should use that as a reference point. IMO, all Maruti cars, even the ones without ACC are excellent at in-cabin cooling.

ZDi owners will be able to comment better - there are just couple of them on TBHP.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 7th September 2011 at 14:50.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:46   #47
BHPian

Re: BumbleBee :: First Swift ZDI in Pune & Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
1) Is the blower powerful enough to throw the droughts of cool air on the face of back seat passengers (in case of i20 I am told it is pathetic)?

2) How quickly the ACC makes rear seat passengers comfortable when the temperature is above 40 and car has been in sun for hours together?
Ans 1. The blower is really powerful and is chilling (feedback from my parents).

Ans 2. Since it is raining in Pune and the temperature is not that extreme difficult to gauge, but the initial impression is that there should be no problem even in summers.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:49   #48
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Congrats on the purchase.

Suggest you to buy after-market floor mats as it would take a while for these things to arrive at A.S.S. And when they do, it would be gone in a flash. My relative was waiting for floor mats for his Etios for months, finally gave up and got after-market mats recently.

Happy driving.

Last edited by mac187 : 7th September 2011 at 14:50.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 15:08   #49
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Congrats on the arrival of your Bumblebee !!

OT : from the posts in your thread and in some other threads also I can see that people on T-BHP are very excited about the New Swift and also has lot of queries regarding its features etc. But I am surprised to see that there is no official review from our T-BHP mods/team yet (which is a normal case for all new launches). Jetta was launched on the same day and we already have a review of it on Forum.

Last edited by SinghBHP : 7th September 2011 at 15:09.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:19   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Congrats on the arrival of your Bumblebee !!

OT : from the posts in your thread and in some other threads also I can see that people on T-BHP are very excited about the New Swift and also has lot of queries regarding its features etc. But I am surprised to see that there is no official review from our T-BHP mods/team yet (which is a normal case for all new launches). Jetta was launched on the same day and we already have a review of it on Forum.

Even i was kinda dissapointed for the same
darmstadtium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 17:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Backseat?? What backseat??

Just once when I let my dad drive the car home from the dealer after the delivery

In the 5 miniute ride home (yes the dealer is 5 mins away from my place!) did not feel claustrophobic and the leg room has improved drastically!!
Even I noticed this change when I went to book the car accompanied by my dad and brother. The three of us are all 6 ft plus (Punjabis ), and the SSE at the showroom, who was showing us the car, also happened to be 6 ft plus.

My brother and me took to the back seat, with my dad at the passenger's seat and the SSE at the driver's seat. After all front seat adjustments were made, the two of us at the back had a huge smile on our faces. Our knees were just touching the front seats!! Kudos to MSIL for the way they have designed the back of the front seats.

But yes, had there been another tall guy like us at the back, then it would have lead to congestion, thanks to the raised transmission tunnel.

Last edited by manjot1912 : 7th September 2011 at 17:10.
Old 7th September 2011, 17:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict

I am not immune to those extreme temperatures in Mumbai. It does go 40+ at times. .
Really? I have never seen it go above 40? It gets very humid I and may feel like 40 I agree. Coming back to the point I haven't heard of Maruti cooling issues. I had black esteem few years back and my experience was bad though, AC was useless, but my card loads of problems so I don't use it as reference point.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:45   #53
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Racer X.

The car looks pretty good. I liked the dashboad specifically.. Very Neat. Everything in this car is much better than the Old swift. Have Fun!
arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 13:21   #54
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! Looking forward to your ownership experience as I would mostly be booking mine next week! I was looking at torque blue, but it seems to be a bit dull compared to the first gen blue that i expected it to be. Now the choice is more towards white.

White looks stunning debadged IMHO-
BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-dsc03130_new.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th September 2011 at 13:23.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 18:11   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Racer_X, Congrats on your new ride!! Swift in white looks awesome!
I have seen around 7 new swifts on road and all were White. It looks to be the color on demand.
Old 11th September 2011, 12:37   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Guys I have done 200 KMS in 4 odd days!! Can't stop driving!! Maybe that is the Diesel effect!!
Racer_X, can you help me with this question? I believe you might have got the service manual. Had asked this in the swift thread, but it seems to have died recently. (Lack of a team-bhp review killing the enthusiasm, i guess)

1. What are the service intervals for the new Swift diesel? For the free (3 free services?) and paid services respectively?

2. Whats the run-in period and max rpm/ speed that the company recommends during this period?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th September 2011, 12:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

RacerX congrats on the white beauty! White looks very good on the swift! Wish you many miles of safe motoring in your new car
Old 12th September 2011, 13:41   #58
BHPian

Hi Racer_X,

Firstly Congrats on your purchase!

I too have got the delivery of my New Swift ZDI blazing red metallic on 8/9/11;
In your post i saw a picture of Lamp in boot, can you please confirm on the same, Since my car doesnt have any lamp in the boot even though its the same model?

Thanks!
Old 12th September 2011, 14:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hi Racer_X,

Firstly Congrats on your purchase!

I too have got the delivery of my New Swift ZDI blazing red metallic on 8/9/11;
In your post i saw a picture of Lamp in boot, can you please confirm on the same, Since my car doesnt have any lamp in the boot even though its the same model?

Thanks!
Congratulations on your car. Can you please post some pictures of your car? I am confused between the Blazing Red and White colours for my booking- since I have not seen any pictures of the red colour, it would be great if you can post some. WOuld help in my decision

Thanks!
Old 13th September 2011, 15:10   #60
BHPian

Guys,

Can anyone help me with where I can purchase 3D kagu mats in Pune for BumbleBee.

I have bought them for my New Gen Honda city but cannot find the exact fit for Swift.

Has any Swift owner have 3D kagu mats on? Is the fitting well??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks