Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 11:25   #91
Team-BHP Support

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
The alarm switch is for reseting the alarm, in case it falsely goes off!
Thanks!

But it created few more doubts in my mind! Sorry to disturb again.

1. Does the keyless entry create 'blip blip' sounds? Like after market systems do?

2. How is the alarm function? Sensitive to touch/ or only if someone tries to break open the door?

3. Does the doors auto-lock above any speed (say 20kmph?).
Old 7th November 2011, 11:41   #92
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks!

But it created few more doubts in my mind! Sorry to disturb again.

1. Does the keyless entry create 'blip blip' sounds? Like after market systems do?

2. How is the alarm function? Sensitive to touch/ or only if someone tries to break open the door?

3. Does the doors auto-lock above any speed (say 20kmph?).

ANS 1 : Yes, there is a double blip while unlocking and single blip while locking

ANS 2 : I have not experinced the "sensitive to touch" till date but I am sure it would ring if someone tries breaking in.

ANS 3 : Yes the car Auto-locks above 20kmph as a safety feature
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 09:47   #93
BANNED

Hey Racer X, we're still waiting for the snaps of the car with those 3D mats. I've also got my New Swift around a month back, have put in the Durosoft mats. Hope to see the 3d mats in your car soon. Thanks and Congrats.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:29   #94
BANNED

Quote:
ANS 1 : Yes, there is a double blip while unlocking and single blip while locking

ANS 2 : I have not experinced the "sensitive to touch" till date but I am sure it would ring if someone tries breaking in.

ANS 3 : Yes the car Auto-locks above 20kmph as a safety feature
If we unlock the car and open just the rear doors, does the cabin light switch off some time and do the doors lock after 30 sec?

This is happening in my VDi.

Thanks
Diesel Power
Old 14th November 2011, 20:14   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_power View Post
If we unlock the car and open just the rear doors, does the cabin light switch off some time and do the doors lock after 30 sec?
1. If any of the doors are open, then the cabin light will NOT switch off till it's closed.

2. After unlocking, unless you open any of the doors, the car gets locked after 30s.

Edit: Do you have any aftermarket security system installed?

PS: I own the previous gen Swift. I don't think there are any changes in the security system. Please let me know otherwise.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 20:24   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1. If any of the doors are open, then the cabin light will NOT switch off till it's closed.

2. After unlocking, unless you open any of the doors, the car gets locked after 30s.

Edit: Do you have any aftermarket security system installed?
No, I do not have any aftermarket security system installed. I have the same security system provided by Maruti itself. I wonder what is happening in here . The car locks itself only if the rear doors are open. It wont lock if the boot is open tho.

Today, while returning from the office I had to pass thru some smoke on the highway. The AC was turned on and all the windows were closed. Still there was a foul smell of the smoke in the car which stayed in for some time. I checked the the switch for the internal circulation of air, it was switched on. I do not understand what's going on. Is the car one of the slightly defective pieces???
Old 15th November 2011, 11:38   #97
BHPian

Quote:
The car locks itself only if the rear doors are open. It wont lock if the boot is open tho.

Today, while returning from the office I had to pass thru some smoke on the highway. The AC was turned on and all the windows were closed. Still there was a foul smell of the smoke in the car which stayed in for some time. I checked the the switch for the internal circulation of air, it was switched on. I do not understand what's going on. Is the car one of the slightly defective pieces???
You need to visit the service station and ask for the electricals to be checked throughly as it is very weird that the car locks itself only if the rear doors are open. Looks like the circulation system might have some issues and might be faulty. Hopefully things work out for you man!
Old 15th November 2011, 11:52   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You need to visit the service station and ask for the electricals to be checked throughly as it is very weird that the car locks itself only if the rear doors are open. Looks like the circulation system might have some issues and might be faulty. Hopefully things work out for you man!
It could be the small rubber button that senses an open door. If it is a problem with security system- how come the lights go off?

@diesel_power: Did you try both rear doors? Together and one at a time?
Old 15th November 2011, 12:00   #99
BANNED

Quote:
What i meant was, that the car locks itself(while standstill) even if the rear doors are open(both front and the hatch closed).

Could you please try it with your car and let me know..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It could be the small rubber button that senses an open door. If it is a problem with security system- how come the lights go off?

@diesel_power: Did you try both rear doors? Together and one at a time?
Yes, there is this rubber button on the rear doors, its just that, I am not sure if its working. I tried it with both doors together and a one door at a time, still the same result.

I don't want to hand it over to mechanics and let them play with the car. .
Old 15th November 2011, 14:53   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car locks itself only if the rear doors are open. It wont lock if the boot is open tho.
Sometimes when I open the hatch alone after un-locking the car, the car gets locked. To be frank, I never bothered about it since I don't find it to be a problem.

Quote:
Today, while returning from the office I had to pass thru some smoke on the highway. The AC was turned on and all the windows were closed. Still there was a foul smell of the smoke in the car which stayed in for some time. I checked the the switch for the internal circulation of air, it was switched on.
I have the same problem in my car too. It picks up outside smell of smoke even when A/C in ON with interior circulation selected. Plus what I have noticed it, even when your blower is OFF & the circulation selected in to the FACE or FACE & LEGS, it still blows some air onto the front windshield bottom part.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:31   #101
BANNED

Quote:
I have the same problem in my car too. It picks up outside smell of smoke even when A/C in ON with interior circulation selected. Plus what I have noticed it, even when your blower is OFF & the circulation selected in to the FACE or FACE & LEGS, it still blows some air onto the front windshield bottom part.
I haven't checked if weather the air still blows onto the front windshield. Will definatly check it and let you know.
Old 17th November 2011, 12:29   #102
BHPian

Quote:
What i meant was, that the car locks itself(while standstill) even if the rear doors are open(both front and the hatch closed).

Could you please try it with your car and let me know..?

Yes, there is this rubber button on the rear doors, its just that, I am not sure if its working. I tried it with both doors together and a one door at a time, still the same result.

I don't want to hand it over to mechanics and let them play with the car. .

diesel_power: My car does not auto-lock if the rear doors are open. It auto-lock only when all the doors are closed properly. Seems like you have got your electricals screwed up. Get the rubber knobs checked which I think act like sensors for the cabin light as well as the auto lock in a stationary position.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 13:27   #103
BANNED

Quote:
diesel_power: My car does not auto-lock if the rear doors are open. It auto-lock only when all the doors are closed properly. Seems like you have got your electricals screwed up. Get the rubber knobs checked which I think act like sensors for the cabin light as well as the auto lock in a stationary position.
Yesterday I was fidgeting with the rubber thing. Before I started playing around with it, the car locked it self even if the rear door was open. I fidgeted with the rubber knob, and volla..! the car doesn't lock itself anymore if the rear door is open..!

Must have been some loose connection or something. Thanks RacerX

Marutis are so easy to fix.

Quote:

Plus what I have noticed it, even when your blower is OFF & the circulation selected in to the FACE or FACE & LEGS, it still blows some air onto the front windshield bottom part.
The air does not blow on the windshield if the the blower is OFF.
Is there vaporization on the windscreen??

Last edited by diesel_power : 17th November 2011 at 13:39.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:36   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Could the new gen Swift owners say whether you cars rattle like the old ones? I just wanted to check whether the quality is only "visible" or indeed the quality is better for long term as well.

Quote:
The air does not blow on the windshield if the the blower is OFF. Is there vaporization on the windscreen??
Yes. At times [during rains?] there will be a strip [or small line] or vapor on the bottom part of the windshield. This happens even when the position is NOT towards the windshields, and at times when the blower is OFF as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th November 2011 at 13:39.
Old 26th November 2011, 11:16   #105
BHPian

I visited the showroom yesterday to check on the status of my ZDi booking. On my insistence, I was shown the bookings on a computer and I'm 12th in line amongst white ZDi bookings. Should be a couple of months more before the car arrives. The dealer was saying end December - over committal as ever.

While I was there, I also TDed the ZDi. This was the second TD for me. The car had 2900 km on the odo. I was interested in checking for any rattles. The car surprised me. There were no rattles, the suspension handled bad patches well and the handling as always was immaculate. Knowing how the TD cars are abused, the clutch held up well and turbo surge post 2K rpm was addictive. Its early to comment on build quality after 3K km but its comforting to "feel" the improvement in build from the earlier gen. Swift.

Three things that annoyed me about the car were the horn pad location, the horn itself and the micro thin glass panels. The horn sounded very bad!

Last edited by fuel_addict : 26th November 2011 at 11:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks