Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 15:48   #2101
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry, but it's still NOT clear for me. I understand that you do NOT change oil as the cost mentioned is less than what you would incur. Just want to know what specific work do you get done for that 2K.
Well, its the normal top-ups of oil, coolant, greasing, cleaning, fixing up of small niggles and so on. The car mainly does long runs i.e., from Bangalore to Pune and back, Bangalore to Goa and so on, so always want to keep the car in top notch condition so that i do not face any problems on the highways. That's the reason i follow the 5k service rule.

Last edited by Gomzy : 23rd January 2014 at 15:50.
Gomzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:43   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
Well, its the normal top-ups of oil, coolant, greasing, cleaning, fixing up of small niggles and so on. The car mainly does long runs i.e., from Bangalore to Pune and back, Bangalore to Goa and so on, so always want to keep the car in top notch condition so that i do not face any problems on the highways. That's the reason i follow the 5k service rule.
Swift is pretty robust to handle these long trips with service at normal intervals on mineral oil. But yes, there is some peace of mind you get from intermediate inspections.

I used to do a 6 point check or 9 point general check up for around Rs. 120/- or Rs. 250/- every 3K kms because of the dust accumulated in the air filter. Though top ups are a part of it, there was NEVER a need for it, except for battery water filling or so (once in a while). It's just a half an hour job and I would drive out happily making sure there was nothing required in the first place.

A very very pleasant ownership experience, but for the rising service costs.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:45   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Just ask them if they think they know better than the engineers at Maruti who built the car and prescribed the service intervals. BTW, is it Indus?
The regular/routine replacements are only done at the 10k intervals as per the manual.
They term the 15k service as interim service or minor service.
I service my M800 and swift at Popular Trivandrum and they are friendly people who manages to do the necessary works satisfactorily though at a little higher cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do they realize their stupidity & greed is going to hit them in the long run?? I have decided that Maruti would most probably NOT be coming into my garage after owning a Swift due to the service costs. I would rather buy a premium car and then pay the same premium service costs as Maruti. Snob value & part quality will be a bonus for me.
Considering the service costs I do feel that owning a Skoda/VW does not make much differnce when it comes to service costs. We have a Polo TDI highline in my friends circle and after hearing the 15k, 20k service costs quoted for my Swift ZDi , Polo seems to be a equivalent when it comes to service costs.
By the way, the 10k service costed me Rs.5244(including fixing the cabin filter) which I feel it to be reasonable.

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 23rd January 2014 at 19:49.
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:15   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
They term the 15k service as interim service or minor service.
I service my M800 and swift at Popular Trivandrum and they are friendly people who manages to do the necessary works satisfactorily though at a little higher cost.
I didn't have any 15k service and the 20k service was in the 7k-8k range. Popular seems to be quoting you bills worth 15k for these two services!

Your "little higher" unfortunately translates to almost double! I guess a price of 7k for a smiling service advisor is a little on the higher side considering the cost of living index in India.

P.S: How much would the above smiley be worth? I guess I now understand why our moderators are restricting to max 2 smileys per post!
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:30   #2105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...By the way, the 10k service costed me Rs.5244(including fixing the cabin filter) which I feel it to be reasonable.
If your car runs on synthetic oil!

Quote:
...I guess a price of 7k for a smiling service advisor is a little on the higher side considering the cost of living index in India.

P.S: How much would the above smiley be worth? I guess I now understand why our moderators are restricting to max 2 smileys per post!
Priceless!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd January 2014 at 20:32.
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:33   #2106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
I understand your love and care for the car it is a bit too steep to keep servicing it so frequently even if the car is intended for long trips.

When my Ritz VDi was new, I used to service it every 5K till the odometer reached 30K after which I stuck to every 10K kms service and I have done 1L kms in 3 years without any glitch. The car was absolutely stock (except for 4 JBL speakers).

I feel your being over-protective (not that I am dis-couraging you and no offence) towards the car but I feel the engines are designed to be fine till 10K on the oil once changed.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:37   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Your "little higher" unfortunately translates to almost double! I guess a price of 7k for a smiling service advisor is a little on the higher side considering the cost of living index in India.
I have never thought about those aspects and I usually ask the SA to do whatever is adviced as per the the service manual.
Anyway regarding the 15k service, let me clarify with them whether its MASS or MSIL who is deciding the service interval, next time when they call to remind me of the 6 month service.
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:48   #2108
BANNED

Quote:
Anyway regarding the 15k service, let me clarify with them whether its MASS or MSIL who is deciding the service interval, next time when they call to remind me of the 6 month service.
It is MASS obviously who is making you come in for the 15K service which is just NOT needed. I too used get these calls but after I emailed Maruti regarding this 'preventative maintenance service a.k.a every 5K kms service' the guys at my service centre stopped calling me.

Anurag.
Old 24th January 2014, 12:53   #2109
BANNED

Surely 5k service interval is not required. The service incharge had answered when he had organised an impromptu meet with the customers who had gone to get their cars serviced. But for this one has to regularly inspect the car for coolent, engine oil and brake fluid. He further said that there are lots of people who have bought cars but hardly use them for whatever reasons. 5k or 6 months service interval becomes sort of mandatory for them.

It's basically preventive and doesn't entail much cost.

As for me I stick to prescribed 10k interval and go for such inspections before undertaking any long drive. My Wagon R has driven around 93,000 km in almost 6 years of troublefree ownership. Only recently it did 2800 km round trip and returned excellent mileage of around 20.

Last edited by anandjha : 24th January 2014 at 12:55.
Old 27th January 2014, 15:37   #2110
BHPian

Deccan Herald says Maruti Suzuki will launch the new swift around the mid of August. It speaks of a longer and wider swift, with an evolutionary design with the same engine. Maruti Suzuki has also issued a communication to its dealers to provide existing customers the option of upgrading their cars, albeit at an increased (an unknown?) price.

I hope the launch happens sooner, for I would be urgently buying a new car around June!
Old 17th February 2014, 13:52   #2111
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Swift Volt custom kit costs INR 2.15 lakhs.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswiftvolthatchbackcartoq.jpg
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftvoltvdiroof.jpg

The front end of the Swift Volt gets new headlight clusters with projector lights and LED daytime running lights, LED lights in the foglight enclosure, blackened grille enclosure with red outlines and decals on the hood. Contrasting the white body color, the rear end of the Swift Volt is wrapped in matte black, while the roof is finished in red.

New alloy wheels and LED taillights complete the exterior round of changes. The interiors of the car come in a dual-tone red-black color scheme. Chrome highlights are used for the door handles and the area surrounding the gearlever and center console. Speaking of the gearlever, the Volt gets an aftermarket gear knob as well.

Delivery period of the car is about a week

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th February 2014 at 14:12.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:09   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Delivery period of the car is about a week[/left]
Are they customizing the swift post sales into a Volt? Will be interesting if they can offer select customization for the car. The entire thing is a bit overdo for me, personally.
Old 17th February 2014, 20:18   #2113
BHPian

Any idea when will the new upgraded swift be launched in India?

I'm in the market for a hatchback and would like to make the swift my companion on the road.
Old 18th February 2014, 01:26   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
And still doesn't come with ABS, airbags or rear wiper and demister!

Old 18th February 2014, 02:20   #2115
BANNED

Quote:
Given a chance I will take the headlamps + tail lamps + alloys from the Volt custom kit. Rest all doesn't appeal me at all. Too loud and eye hitting.

The current stock styling is classic and doesn't need anything more to make it sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
And still doesn't come with ABS, airbags or rear wiper and demister!
Lol. That is a Maruti sir where safety is never the priority.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th February 2014 at 02:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks