Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 10:35   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r
Finally after a wait of 5 months I have received my Swift Zdi Torque Blue. (Booked on July 21st). The car is awesome. Did just 30 odd km yesterday but man was it fun.

The car is November 2011 manufactured. I was lucky that Road tax hike was not yet implemented. Here are some Pics of the ride. I will Post a detailed review once I go back to Hyderabad and get my hands on the car.
Wow, your car looks smashing in that shade of blue. Congratulations. Your post gives me a lot of confidence since I too booked the ZDi on July 21st and am awaiting delivery. I am sure i will not be spared the road tax hike though.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:45   #602
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
@arindambasu13,

I am yet to take proper interior pics. Here are all the shots I have taken.
Thanks man. Cant help repeating, but that colour looks absolutely brilliant and real sporty In fact, my dealer offered very quick delivery if I settle for white or silver, but then I was adamant about this colour, which actually pushed back my delivery almost a couple of months. Apparently its the most uncommon colour as per customer choices, with the most common of course being white.

Waiting eagerly for your detailed ownership report!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th December 2011 at 11:49.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:48   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Wow, your car looks smashing in that shade of blue. Congratulations. Your post gives me a lot of confidence since I too booked the ZDi on July 21st and am awaiting delivery. I am sure i will not be spared the road tax hike though.
Blue really looks sexy in the sun. Dust is easily visible if not cleaned daily. White is too common. Grey is very sexy around evening time or when the weather is really pleasant. Red is too common color across the cars. White /Silver almost 80% of swifts on hyderabad. Black ruled out at home.

So Blue became the obvious choice. By the way what is your color. Plus Blue with White roof is one hell of car. Will go for that paint scheme in sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Thanks man. Cant help repeating, but that colour looks absolutely brilliant and real sporty In fact, my dealer offered very quick delivery if I settle for white or silver, but then I was adamant about this colour, which actually pushed back my delivery almost a couple of months. Apparently its the most uncommon colour as per customer choices, with the most common of course being white.
Waiting eagerly for your detailed ownership report!
Dealer was ready to deliver this color during October. But due last minute goof up in coordination between the sales team, some one else picked up the car.

Last edited by indian21r : 19th December 2011 at 11:58.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:53   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Blue really looks sexy in the sun. Dust is easily visible if not cleaned daily. White is too common. Grey is very sexy around evening time or when the weather is really pleasant. Red is too common color across the cars. White /Silver almost 80% of swifts on hyderabad. Black ruled out at home.

So Blue became the obvious choice. By the way what is your color.

I have booked the white. My primary reason being scratch masking ability of the white. I have a 6 year red ZXi which still looks great but does not do a good job hiding scratches. I personally liked the glistening grey color the most but for reasons explained above, I didn't opt for it. I know white is going to be a common color - almost 95% of the new Swifts I have seen have been white.

I see you are from Mumbai but the car is AP registered. Any reasons for not booking in Mumbai?

Last edited by fuel_addict : 19th December 2011 at 11:54.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:05   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I see you are from Mumbai but the car is AP registered. Any reasons for not booking in Mumbai?
Infact I shifted from Mumbai to Pune office a few months back. I booked the car in Hyderabad when I was planning to relocate. At the same time my sister was also looking for a new car. She loved Swift among some 20 cars that she test drove.

Now I am looking to buy a Sedan or SUV. I will wait till Auto Expo for the new launches
Old 19th December 2011, 15:46   #606
BHPian

Guys did you get an ashtray in the car? I was told by the dealer that Maruti has removed the black ashtray from the New Swift that most of it's other cars come with.
Also, there is no heating issue as of now with the HU. But, take this information with a pinch of salt as it quite cold out here.

And Maruti has reduced the number of glass holders in the New Swift to 2! It's funny how I never noticed this before. Maybe the bling of the passenger cup holder zoned me out
Old 19th December 2011, 21:34   #607

Hi,
I am an owner of Swift since 2006 & would like to know about heating in winter.
Normally i set temp knob to red & turn on the blower.
This time during servicing the car the technician told me to also on the AC button.
Does one need to power on AC while heating also?
The technician also told me to keep airflow button ( Located above AC button ) always on, He said that air coming from engine side is dirty.

Can you guys throw some light on above.

Thanks,
Naveen
Old 19th December 2011, 22:29   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchlover
Normally i set temp knob to red & turn on the blower.
Does one need to power on AC while heating also?
The technician also told me to keep airflow button ( Located above AC button ) always on, He said that air coming from engine side is dirty.
Naveen,
Keeping the AC on while heating will maintain the moisture / aka humidity. Also, the glasses won't fog up. Best is to turn to red, AC on & de-frost setting on the flow direction.
Only heat will dry up the air inside - prolonged usage may also lead to dashboard heating up and fumes we don't see.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 22:30   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Guys did you get an ashtray in the car?
No, I didn't get one.. really bad cost cutting, everywhere in new ZDI. Looks like my type-I swift was really built very well. The all new swift looks product with to be too much of cost cutting excercise.
Old 20th December 2011, 23:29   #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Naveen,
Keeping the AC on while heating will maintain the moisture / aka humidity. Also, the glasses won't fog up. Best is to turn to red, AC on & de-frost setting on the flow direction.
Only heat will dry up the air inside - prolonged usage may also lead to dashboard heating up and fumes we don't see.
Hi Nitin,
Can you please explain about defrost setting? I guess you mean i should keep airflow button in on position.
why do they call this button defrost? I thought its only purpose was to either circulate car interior air or let outside air in.

Naveen
Old 21st December 2011, 12:33   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp
No, I didn't get one.. really bad cost cutting, everywhere in new ZDI. Looks like my type-I swift was really built very well. The all new swift looks product with to be too much of cost cutting excercise.
Can you elaborate some more on what you are stating? I always thought the old Swift was not so well built.

Absence of ash tray should not be a big deal. Lets assume that Maruti is trying to encourage people from quitting smoking.
fuel_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 21:42   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
New Swift is much better built in all respects, save for the ashtray probably. I used to own the old Swift and TD'ed the new Swift last weekend. Believe me, new Swift is really cool!
Old 21st December 2011, 23:08   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
New Swift is much better built in all respects, save for the ashtray probably. I used to own the old Swift and TD'ed the new Swift last weekend. Believe me, new Swift is really cool!
Certainly, there are many good factors, tyres, although not best mrf is better than appolo, seats, dash, mainly suspension, etc., otherwise I wouldn't have brought my second swift.

However cost cutting is clearly visible as thickness metal, window glass thickness, headlight, just lookinto the interior finish of headlight, similarly to rear light assembly, even the alloy wheels, previous one looks expansive.
Old 21st December 2011, 23:44   #614
BHPian

Guys did any of you noticed the door panel gets bent outwards slightly as we roll the glass completely up. I have seen this in the TD car, as usual the SE said its normal. I was wondering why is that? Even my indica doesn't do that.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:00   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin_v78 View Post
Got my Swift ZDI on Aug 30 (Blazing Red). Noticed the front panel of factory fitted music system getting heated up (35-45 Degree Centigrade) after 15-20 min of usage even with the AC on.
Checked my car. The Display is as warm/ hot as the digital display of any home theatre system. I checked it after 2 hours of continuous usage. Had the ACC on at 22 degrees all the time. And the temperature in Bangalore is hovering in the low 20s as of now. So will keep an eye on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Guys did any of you noticed the door panel gets bent outwards slightly as we roll the glass completely up.
I checked my driver side door pad and it doesn't move when the window is going up or down. I specifically checked for it because I saw one video review of the UK Swift where the guy pointed out the door pad flexing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks