Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:12   #616
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Guys did any of you noticed the door panel gets bent outwards slightly as we roll the glass completely up. I have seen this in the TD car, as usual the SE said its normal. I was wondering why is that? Even my indica doesn't do that.
I will observe that,but the door panel in my swift does vibrate for a second when the power window goes up/down.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:24   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Infact I shifted from Mumbai to Pune office a few months back. I booked the car in Hyderabad when I was planning to relocate. At the same time my sister was also looking for a new car. She loved Swift among some 20 cars that she test drove.

Now I am looking to buy a Sedan or SUV. I will wait till Auto Expo for the new launches
Got a call from my dealer yesterday that I am first in line for the white ZDi now. Paid some more advance and if all goes well, I should get the car in the 1st or 2nd week of January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Guys did any of you noticed the door panel gets bent outwards slightly as we roll the glass completely up. I have seen this in the TD car, as usual the SE said its normal. I was wondering why is that? Even my indica doesn't do that.
I hope this is not common across all the new Swifts. Or else it will be a source of rattles. I have to manually bend the driver side door frame once in a while in my 1st gen Swift to ensure the door does not rattle. A crude method really but it works.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:03   #618
Senior - BHPian

I too got a call from my dealer today stating that my VXi has been dispatched from the Manesar plant and that it would take 7 odd days to get to Bangalore. He has readily agreed to my demand of inspection before registration.

He also asked me about the payment. When does one make the full payment? Is it done once I complete my inspection of the vehicle and give the go ahead for registration?
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:19   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
He also asked me about the payment. When does one make the full payment? Is it done once I complete my inspection of the vehicle and give the go ahead for registration?
Tell him (Dealer) that you would make the payment only once you are done with the PDI, if he agrees thats great if not either make a part payment or give him a post dated cheque BUT DO NOT sign the registration paper until you are satisfied with the PDI. He will not be able to send the car for registration till he has the forms signed by you so in case you see some issue during the PDI you can always have it sorted out before the registration.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:24   #620
BHPian

Quote:
I too got a call from my dealer today stating that my VXi has been dispatched from the Manesar plant and that it would take 7 odd days to get to Bangalore. He has readily agreed to my demand of inspection before registration.

I carried a bank draft with me, and gave it to dealer after doing the PDI. He was fine with that. Of course, i could have taken a cheque instead, but he said they will do registration only once it is cleared, and i didnt want to wait
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:36   #621
BHPian

its raining swifts!!! 4 more months for me I guess for my black ZDI. Booked in October :(
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:45   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
Tell him (Dealer) that you would make the payment only once you are done with the PDI, if he agrees thats great if not either make a part payment or give him a post dated cheque BUT DO NOT sign the registration paper until you are satisfied with the PDI. He will not be able to send the car for registration till he has the forms signed by you so in case you see some issue during the PDI you can always have it sorted out before the registration.
Thanks a lot. I don't even want to do part payment apart from the advance of 10k that I have already paid. Ill request for a full inspection and then make payment.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:30   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Got a call from my dealer yesterday that I am first in line for the white ZDi now. Paid some more advance and if all goes well, I should get the car in the 1st or 2nd week of January.
Congrats Man.

Quote:
He has readily agreed to my demand of inspection before registration.
No dealer can Deny a PDI. Do take some pics if you observe anything out of ordinary. Make full payment only after the PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
its raining swifts!!! 4 more months for me I guess for my black ZDI. Booked in October :(
My Guess is you might get it earlier. A friend was mentioning that maurti is already doing or planning to produce 1000 swifts a day to make up for the delay. Afterall sales are falling in other models

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I don't even want to do part payment apart from the advance of 10k that I have already paid. Ill request for a full inspection and then make payment.
Perfect. I did the same. Only after the preliminary inspection and when the loan got approved/disbursed did I pay in full
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:35   #624
BHPian

Here are a couple of pics of my White VDi. Got it delivered on 9th Dec and have already run it for 900 kms. An absolute joy-to-drive car. Will post initial ownership report soon.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dscn9250.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dscn9251.jpg

Last edited by manjot1912 : 23rd December 2011 at 13:37.
Old 25th December 2011, 00:36   #625
Senior - BHPian

So i also fell into the Maruti bucket , i used to crib about rattles, flimsy sheet metal used by maruti and cheap plastics but one drive of the Swift and the deal was sealed. There really was no other option for me, am a 20 year old, running would be 1500-2000 kms a month and am an aggressive driver, the only other options were :

1. Ford Figo : liked the driveability but it missed the punch and i wasn't sure of Ford after sales and spare prices, in addition the FE was less compared to competitors despite being low on power, its a great VFM car though.

2. Punto 90hp - This was one car i loved and would have gone for it if we didnt have the Linea in our house, the interiors and everything is same but as a Linea owner, really unhappy with tata service standards so didnt wanna take a chance and it would not be wise keeping a Linea and Punto together even though the Linea is a petrol one.

The polo was out on the mediocre 1.2 TDi and the hefty price tag, the i20 on its price alone. Some years before i can afford a hatch costing 8-9 L on road, more so Hyundai's after sales is dwindling with so many thread on tbhp and no response by hyundai anywhere.

Would be booking the car - Swift Vdi on my bday that is 26th Dec, waiting period quoted are 7-8 months, i can wait for 4-5 but after it the restlessness would start, just hope maruti ramps up the production and do something, i dont have any color preference as such, barring Black i will pick any color if its available, everything looks good on the new Swift.

Am aware of the brake issues with Ldi and Vdi and keeping a watch as to how other owners are handling it, i really cant go for the Zdi, my bike has ruined all my finances

Last edited by coolboy007 : 25th December 2011 at 00:56. Reason: Addition of some info
Old 25th December 2011, 19:08   #626
BHPian

Congrats Cool boy on selecting Swift and join the waiting period. 7-8 may be the worst case.
Many Bhpians are getting theit Swift before the expeted now a days.
I booked on September 26 and the waiting period was 9 months at that time.
Now the dealer has agreed to give the car in Jan or Feb.
As an young enthusiastic Punto and Swift are the best options for you and you have given the reasons why not punto.
Let us hope for the best that Maruti will do something on the brake issue.
Old 26th December 2011, 14:48   #627
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a test drive of the new Swift diesel from Magic Auto, Dwarka. Went there and within 5 mins some one attended to me and in 15 mins flat i was out taking the TD, this really shows the kind of dedication they have towards customers.

Once we were out on the road and this was my first diesel drive of the new swift and have the answers as to why it sells so much and also why GTO has praised it so much - it indeed deserves that applause - i will take it point by point and am usued to drive a Linea petrol so my comparison would be according to it :

1. The engine - the punch post 2k like the old swift is definitely missing, the power is progressive as others have said, the turbo lag is there but after 2100 - wow for a petrol linea owner, the power is new found and much enjoyable. The thrust feeling would take some part out of the fun for sure.

2. The clutch and gearshifts - super slick. Slick gearshifts super fun to use, slots in nicely and no rubbery feel, the clutch travel is small and fairly light for a diesel car.

3. The ergonomics are good and spot on, i was at home with the car in a couple of minutes. The al around visibility is good, just wished the inside rear view mirror was a lil big. The NVH levels are outstanding - kudos to maruti on this department, it doesnt feel like a diesel et al.

4. I TD the ZDI version and the brakes on these are just adequate, those who dont agree, please drive a Figo or Punto and compare, i was wondering what would they be like on a VDI, infact am contemplating going for ZDI only due to brakes but tight on budget.

5. The steering is a joy to use and am buying this car for mainly city use as well as some highway sprints and i am sure this will be a hoot to drive in traffic provided its kept in the turbo zone.

6. My TD car with 2300 kms already had a squeak from the back so the squeaking swift is not gone i think, just hope rattles dont surface.

Am i buying it?
Yes, would be booking a VDI by this week and might upgrade to ZDI in a month if i can. Going for either white or the grey color. If anyone can wait, this is a car worth waiting for.

We have 2 other cars so we can wait for 4-5 months (the quoted waiting time) but those who are buying swift as their first car wont be able to wait so long, 5 months is a really long time, its almost like book it and forget you booked something. Pray maruti ramps up the production and we get our Swifts soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Many Bhpians are getting theit Swift before the expeted now a days.
I booked on September 26 and the waiting period was 9 months at that time.
Now the dealer has agreed to give the car in Jan or Feb.
As an young enthusiastic Punto and Swift are the best options for you and you have given the reasons why not punto.
Let us hope for the best that Maruti will do something on the brake issue.
Thanks mate and congrats in advance for your swift, just a few days more. Yeah the salesman said it would take 5 months or so but he was pretty sure that he can deliver in around 4 months provided no more strikes take place.

As for the brake issue, its indeed a issue - even the ZDI was nothing phenomenal so am wondering how would the VDI be

Last edited by coolboy007 : 26th December 2011 at 14:50.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:53   #628
BANNED

Is it possible to install aftermarket HU in Swift Z series? The one that would integrate GPS and parking camera. Saw in the Caska site that there is one for Swift but do not know whether it is for the old or the new.
Old 28th December 2011, 20:17   #629
BHPian

^^ Certainly . Find the attached picture.
Can you share the link where you saw the caska unit for Swift
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-stereo.jpg  

devil_klm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:38   #630
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^ Certainly . Find the attached picture.
Can you share the link where you saw the caska unit for Swift
Yes here it is
Caska

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks