Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 12:46   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912
Finally, I took the delivery of my VDi last evening.
Important question for you : How are the brakes on the car ? Brakes have been reported to be a concern on the L/V models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan
Go for VW Polo only. New Swift stands nowhere near to the Polo TDi.
The Polo is one of the better looking hatches (both exterior and interios) and the boot is amazing + good seating space. But it is crappy to drive & lacks the fun in Swift- they need to upgrade it to a better motor.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:56   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The Polo is one of the better looking hatches (both exterior and interios) and the boot is amazing + good seating space.
The Polo has limited headroom and shoulder room in the rear seats for tall people. Add to that the big hump in the center and it really does not feel as comfortable. The Swift trumps it in that regard.
But yes, the boot space can't even be compared! And the Polo does look better IMO.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:28   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Guys,
I got the ZDi delivered yesterday.

P.S.- The ICE on the test drive car was way more punchy than my car. Is it because of the freshness or they have secretly changed stuff around
Congrats on the car.

Play with the settings on the HU. Also, check the output while playing a song from USB, AUX or CD. I have felt that the radio reception is not that great with the stock ICE unit and there is a clear difference in sound quality between the radio and when playing from a local storage device.

Last edited by deetjohn : 15th December 2011 at 13:29. Reason: Adding text.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:47   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats on the car.

Play with the settings on the HU. Also, check the output while playing a song from USB, AUX or CD. I have felt that the radio reception is not that great with the stock ICE unit and there is a clear difference in sound quality between the radio and when playing from a local storage device.
I'll do that thanks. After you have pointed it out I guess the culprit would be my 30 Rupee Aux cable that I used for testing . I'll play some Loss less songs from my phone using the USB and then check again.
Other than that, the settings are fairly basic to be played around with much.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:58   #575
BHPian

I got my ZXi (G. Grey) on saturday. Didn't care about the Dec delivery, cause i hope to keep it for many years.

Went back yesterday to get number plates fitted, and saw some 5-7 swift deliveries in progress. Looks like Maruti has upped the production, and so lots of deliveries happening now. They're running short of basic accessories, I wanted the rubber beadings for the doors, weren't available.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:21   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]You'll have to wait till Jan end or Feb at least to get a 2012 manufactured car.[*]I checked the resale value for Swift Diesel. It is approximately a difference of 10K between 2 model years and that too over a period of 3+ years. Not a good enough reason for not having a new car for 2 or more months and that too during the holiday season. [*]Then, there is the scare of ever increasing price for Diesel cars.
+1.

If you are planning to keep the car for atleast 5 years, an year wont make a difference in the resale price IMO. Specially - for a car which sells with such high demand! (FIAT and Chevrolet cars etc are an exception though. An year does make a difference because the drop in resale value is much more significant).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Plus I have also heard that Maruti has bi-annual plant maintenance shutdown which would be in 1st week of Jan. This shutdown is for 10 days normally, therefore the delivery is bound to get late.

I wish my dealer had called! I'll agree even if they want me to take delivery on Dec 32nd!
Quote:
I got the ZDi delivered yesterday.
P.S.- The ICE on the test drive car was way more punchy than my car. Is it because of the freshness or they have secretly changed stuff around
Congrats ra'ul M!

When did you book, and which colour please?

As for the music system - as someone suggested before - try with an Audio CD (Or good MP3), and play with the settings! I dont think they would have changed anything so soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
I got my ZXi (G. Grey) on saturday.
Congrats akj123!

Finally, some action on this thread. Would be great if you guys can post some pictures to keep the rest of us motivated!
Old 15th December 2011, 14:54   #577
BHPian

Quote:
I have felt that the radio reception is not that great with the stock ICE unit and there is a clear difference in sound quality between the radio and when playing from a local storage device.

I think you should check the settings of you ICE. My Zdi ICE is giving pretty decent output as it was expected. Do try to play from local storage, you might see the difference.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:10   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats ra'ul M!

When did you book, and which colour please?

As for the music system - as someone suggested before - try with an Audio CD (Or good MP3), and play with the settings! I dont think they would have changed anything so soon!
Many thanks. I had booked it in July and then upgraded to the ZDi upon launch. I don't remember the exact date but it was in August when I saw the car and found the ZDi to be much better VFM as there was no VDi ABS [which I had booked earlier]. The colour is White although it's not my favorite anymore. Almost all the other colours are quite smashing to say the least.
I'll play around with the stereo soon and get back. Even I am certain they wont have changed things so soon.
Unfortunately, I am travelling [in another car ] so no pics or updates as of now. Will post an update soon.

P.S.- I did upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R15 ZLO's and they are awesome
Old 15th December 2011, 16:08   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Same happened with me. My dealer was pushing me to get the car now. He was also telling there will be price hike in Jan. I insist on a 2012 make. So it will take another 2 months. I waned the car before the next budget where there may be some additional tax for diesel cars. Any one got B2B insurance from dealership. My dealer told it is not their with their insurance companies and the insurance quote was 18K. Is it a good one or shall i check outside?
I was quoted around the same. Car is arriving around Tuesday so guess too late for me to shop around.
& what is a B2B insurance?
Old 15th December 2011, 18:53   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S.- I did upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R15 ZLO's and they are awesome
Super! Do share some pics of the rear showing the full width of the tyre.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:47   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+1.

Congrats akj123!

Finally, some action on this thread. Would be great if you guys can post some pictures to keep the rest of us motivated!
Thanks, hopefully i will soon find the time to setup an initial ownership thread. This purchase was the result of many months of hard research

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I was quoted around the same. Car is arriving around Tuesday so guess too late for me to shop around.
& what is a B2B insurance?
No idea about B2B, but i went for Tata AIG 'diamond' plan. This is the 0% depreciation policy + return to invoice cover. It cost me 500 bucks more than the Maruti insurance. If you want a normal comprehensive policy, you can get it for about 4K less than maruti insurance.
Old 15th December 2011, 21:28   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
No idea about B2B, but i went for Tata AIG 'diamond' plan. This is the 0% depreciation policy + return to invoice cover. It cost me 500 bucks more than the Maruti insurance. If you want a normal comprehensive policy, you can get it for about 4K less than maruti insurance.
Thanks akj for the PM
So along with contacting a Tata AIG agent, do I have time till the car arrives to tell the dealer that i want to take insurance on my own?
Additionally what is the insurance Maruti gets their customers (who they tied up with)?
Old 15th December 2011, 21:42   #583
BHPian

^^ B2B is the same as zero depreciation. All manufacturers except maruti was offering that. Is it good to go for that or stay with what the dealer is giving.
Old 15th December 2011, 22:54   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Thanks akj for the PM
So along with contacting a Tata AIG agent, do I have time till the car arrives to tell the dealer that i want to take insurance on my own?
Additionally what is the insurance Maruti gets their customers (who they tied up with)?
Yeah, you can tell the dealer in advance. He will of course try to convince you to buy Maruti insurance. I explained to him the 0% dep. clauses, that i will be paying more than for Maruti insurance - he then understood and gave up

You need to do this and compute the final payment / loan amount. I was paying by draft, so sat with him to compute the draft amount, after deducting insurance premium, advance amount etc.

Maruti has a tie-up with Royal Sundaram - atleast that's what it was till last year, my Alto was always with Maruti insurance and that was a Sundaram policy. They too have 0% dep, but did not have 'return to invoice' in bangalore (they have it only in some cities), so i went for tata-aig. But yeah, they may be preferable as Sundaram claims to be cashless in ALL Maruti A.S.S.

So anyway, end result was, i now have my cover note, but need to get the car registration number added - since the cover note only has Chassis/Engine numbers (guess all new car policies must be like that, since insurance is needed for regn). Just got the policy docs today, will read them and figure out how to proceed. Still have to read the car's manual too ...
akj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 23:41   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Important question for you : How are the brakes on the car ? Brakes have been reported to be a concern on the L/V models.

The Polo is one of the better looking hatches (both exterior and interios) and the boot is amazing + good seating space. But it is crappy to drive & lacks the fun in Swift- they need to upgrade it to a better motor.
I have to say, the brakes are of extreme mediocre quality. They are working way below average. These are the last set of brakes one would want to encounter panic braking in. I have run the car for almost 500 kms in 6 days, and leaving the brakes aside, its been a good experience so far.

Another thing - I may be wrong technically, but I really feel the need of a 6th gear in the car. Or is it that this feeling might change after 1st service??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks