Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 16:04   #526
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
The deliveries sure seem to be happening at a fast pace, i see atleast one new swift onroad everyday. I think they're some bias between dealers in south and north. Almost all southern cities have higher waiting periods when compared to cities in north
This could be true for the V and L versions of the Swift. I have been struggling to get hold of a ZDi, but I am offered a VDi almost instantly whenever I call for a follow up.

I needed the car urgently a few days back due to a wedding in the family. Even after using a lot of outside influence [which I had earlier decided not to for the sake of being moral] I could not get a ZDi .
I have decided to wait out December as well now.

A little OT: Maruti's booking and delivery process is PATHETIC. I could do a better job for free. Seriously! Manufacturers have unraveled a new source of income i.e. Interest on booking amounts. Would love to check out their Balance Sheet for the same .
Old 1st December 2011, 17:00   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M
Seriously! Manufacturers have unraveled a new source of income i.e. Interest on booking amounts. Would love to check out their Balance Sheet for the same .
OT: Maruti for sure pays interest on the booking amount. Please check with your dealer or write to the ASM in case of a denial by the dealer.
Old 1st December 2011, 21:10   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
OT: Maruti for sure pays interest on the booking amount. Please check with your dealer or write to the ASM in case of a denial by the dealer.
Can you please elaborate on this? Will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2011, 23:10   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome

Can you please elaborate on this? Will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
Please see this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sx4-swift.html

And the link - http://www.business-standard.com/ind...-delay/299571/

I have confirmed one more time with a friend at Suzuki before replying.
The dealers are apparently running a scam.
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 23:34   #530
Senior - BHPian

A small discovery. There is a little light below the ACC module in the ZDi which lights up the cubby hole ahead of the gear lever when the parking light is switched on. It is not as strong as the awesome LED lights in the Linea, but sure helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-p1020704.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-p1020708.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-p1020711.jpg  

Last edited by deetjohn : 1st December 2011 at 23:54. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:37   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
However much I want to look at other cars, there are some or other points that hold me back. At this point except for the delivery period & increasing cost, Swift is no.1 on my list

Well approximately 50K. Price rise is due to increase in car price by 10K + increase in the associated taxes.

Road tax for second car in AP expected to go up by a minimum of 4% from tomorrow. That accounts to 30,000. Now the car cost more than 8L. At this price point my dad wants me to buy a sunny but I am looking at Swift. Unless the Auto Expo can provide some surprises

@Safari_Beast, congrats man. Enjoy your new ride. In between others who have booked ZDi, how are the deliveries schedules for you guys. In Hyderabad, the dealer hardly has any zdi bookings. They keep getting only Vdi
I have booked a Zdi in December in Bangalore. My dealer is not able to tell when i will get the car. I called Maruti Customer care who said I am entitled to know a delivery date atleast, but they did not provide me one either. Instead they called the dealer and said I have lodged a "complaint"- the dealer is pleading with me that he cant say when I can get the car since the company has not provided a date

I just want to know if my delivery is in January or is it March-April...if it is the latter, i may lean towards the Micra Dci. Any Bangaloreans out there know how good the sole dealer for Nissan is??
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:22   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift Electric to be launched?

"It is under consideration to launch electric vehicles in India,” Suzuki Motor Corporation Representative Director and Executive Vice President Toshihiro Suzuki told PTI during the Tokyo Motor Show. On asking for further information he said: “We cannot tell you what are the specifications. There is possibility, but the only problem is infrastructure in terms of electric plugs.”

It may be noted that company showcased the electric version of the Swift at Tokyo Motor Show and going by the positive comments of Mr. Toshihiro Suzuki, this version of India’s favorite premium hatchback has fair chances of making it to the Indian market."

Swift Electric to be launched??
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-sev.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2011, 09:47   #533
BHPian

Interestingly Maruti has slowly but steadily increased the price of Swift diesel over the years and Hyundai has effectively revised the price of i20 CRDi to a good level. Difference actually is astonishing.
At my place :
- i20 CRDi magna costs 6.7 lakhs
- Swift DDiS Vdi costs 6.5 lakhs

While both models are near equivalent in terms of equipment and features, i20 provides an inbuilt 2din music system,Auto climate control and slightly wider 175 section tyres over the Swift Vdi which I believe offsets the 20K price difference. Well almost !

Now i20 actually feels half a segment higher.
- Bigger and more powerful 1.4 litre engine
- More interior space. Virtually a 5 seater.
- Bigger boot space (almost 90 litres more !)
- Better build and quality interiors
- Great NVH control.

Swift has got its own advantages though
- Handling and FTD
- Cheaper maintenance
- Great resale value.

Which is a better deal overall ?
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:18   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post

Which is a better deal overall ?
I feel its a matter of what purpose your car is going to serve. If its a family car, things like rear bench space and boot space take precedence over terrific handling and FTD factor, so if its going to be a single car for the family i20 wins.

However, if it's a car which is primarily used by one person as his/her daily drive, with the rear bench being hardly ever occupied then Swift is almost impossible to beat i'd say.

So if you have other cars in the house for the family then Swift is the answer,else i20 CRDI wins
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:06   #535
BANNED

Quote:
Interestingly Maruti has slowly but steadily increased the price of Swift diesel over the years and Hyundai has effectively revised the price of i20 CRDi to a good level. Difference actually is astonishing.
At my place :
- i20 CRDi magna costs 6.7 lakhs
- Swift DDiS Vdi costs 6.5 lakhs
Hi Turbo, just checked the prices for Ghaziabad in both sites. While Magna costs 6.10 Swift VDI is 5.70 (both ex Showroom). The difference on road would come to around 50K. It is more than what you've mentioned until I'm missing out on something or you've managed discount.

As far as choosing between the two is concerned Shashank has made a valid point. But at the same time also assure yourself of the AC's cooling and steering rattle issues in i20. Initially I was also inclined towards i20 but these two things put me off. (However, according to GTO AC in i20 CRDI is quite powerful, it is the one is petrol which has given the car a bad name).
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:11   #536
Team-BHP Support

The Telegraph in its Siliguri edition mentions the prices of MUL's Cars to go up by Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25,000. I bet the Zdi will benefit the most.
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:36   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Hi Turbo, just checked the prices for Ghaziabad in both sites. While Magna costs 6.10 Swift VDI is 5.70 (both ex Showroom).
As far as choosing between the two is concerned Shashank has made a valid point. But at the same time also assure yourself of the AC's cooling and steering rattle issues in i20. Initially I was also inclined towards i20 but these two things put me off. .
Buddy what I quoted is the OTR pricing for i20 magna and swift VDi respectively. As per the dealer quotation. Bhubaneswar,Odisha.

It is the revised price tag of Swift after the effective price increase. And ofcourse i20's pricing is the most recent one.

Even by Nashik's OTR pricing it is almost the same.

Please have a recheck at your nearest dealer.

For the ineffective AC and steering problem, 2011 onward models have the things somewhat sorted out. Make no mistake, AC's performance is still average. Cooling takes sometime. Both CRDi and kappa.
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:36   #538
BANNED

Quote:
Buddy what I quoted is the OTR pricing for i20 magna and swift VDi respectively. As per the dealer quotation. Bhubaneswar,Odisha.
Swift's price I know has been updated and it includes the recent hike up to 10,000 as well.

Just checked for the price of both cars (ex-showroom) in Bhubaneshwar. i20 Magna is 6.19 while Swift VDI is 5.96. Compared to Ghaziabad and Delhi Swift is really very costly in Odisha. While the former is costlier by 9K the increase in the case of the latter is whopping 26K compared to Delhi. Either Maruti is taking Odisha for a ride or is it Hyundai in case of Delhi and UP.

And if this is the case this aspect definitely needs a separate thread.

Last edited by anandjha : 3rd December 2011 at 15:53.
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:48   #539
BHPian

Do have check at your nearest dealer and I am sure price difference won't be that high.
Even in Maharastra/Nashik i20 Magna costs 6.8 lakhs. Ofcourse the road tax varies from place to place.
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:56   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Please recheck this as I don't think this is the case anymore specifically because the booking amount is only 10k now. I know as I had asked this when I was considering the Swift again.

I was offered an interest on my booking amount when I booked my Swift in September 2005 and was given a waiting period of 06 months. The car was however delivered in December 2005 itself. But then the booking amount was 50k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks