Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 17:13   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Crazy Driver,

Do not settle for the dark blue or the black ; you'lll regret it since dust shows up even after an hour of cleaning the car

With construction in full swing for the metro,it's dust everywhere in Chennai ,save Meenambakkam to Airport and perhaps Beach Road

Go for a white or a silver ; you'll smile
Old 26th October 2011, 17:57   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Its the same grey as in the ritz and looks very good on the swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
If you could not find swift due to low nubers of delivery You can see the Ritz with the Glistening grey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Do not settle for the dark blue or the black ; you'lll regret it since dust shows up even after an hour of cleaning the car. Go for a white or a silver ; you'll smile
Thanks guys!

I didn't know the grey was exactly the same as in the Ritz. That makes matters a lot easier. Ritz in grey is definitely easier to find.

Itching to see the red as well, after seeing vivekji05's stunning new swift with 16 inch alloys! Could manage only a distant glance thus far.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-135.html
Old 26th October 2011, 22:50   #393
Senior - BHPian

The common colors with Ritz are few. Ritz has more colors they add Bakers Choclate,racing Green etc. The common ones are Midnight black,Silky silver and the Glistening Grey. Rest even red, white, blue too differ from Ritz. So you can compare only the three colors I mentioned above.
Old 28th October 2011, 19:44   #394
BHPian

Planning to take my wife for TD of diesel swift tomorrow, and we may book it then itself. I already did one TD, first time i drove a diesel car, and didn't feel any discomfort. Overall, i liked the new swift, even though i wish it had more boot space and the electrically folding mirrors.

Few qs for the gurus:
1. Can we change the color choice after the booking ? I havent yet seen any new swifts with the new blue, grey and red colors on the road. Will look out for the glistening gray Ritz, thanks for the tips.

2. Does Maruti also offer zero-depreciation insurance, and what is the additional cost for this ? I hope we can book now and decide on insurance later, since anyway there is long delivery time.

3. Does anyone know the replacement cost for airbags in swift ?This will be my first car with airbags, and worried if there could be a false deployment, and what is the cost.
Old 28th October 2011, 20:16   #395
BHPian

My dealer says (Kivraj autos) torque blue is available for delivery, but like what others say it is one of those colors that is difficult to maintain. I will stick to white which is always the color i was looking for.
Old 29th October 2011, 09:18   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123
1. Can we change the color choice after the booking ? I havent yet seen any new swifts with the new blue, grey and red colors on the road. Will look out for the glistening gray Ritz, thanks for the tips.
Yes, you can. I changed mine from White to G. Grey. The dealer has to update it online. That's all.

Quote:
2. Does Maruti also offer zero-depreciation insurance, and what is the additional cost for this ? I hope we can book now and decide on insurance later, since anyway there is long delivery time.
I need to check on whether Maruti offers zero-depreciation insurance. But you can take decision on the insurance near the delivery time. Also, nothing stops a buyer from taking insurance outside the dealer as well.

Quote:
3. Does anyone know the replacement cost for airbags in swift ?This will be my first car with airbags, and worried if there could be a false deployment, and what is the cost.
This post will give you an idea about the cost for airbags replacement. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1453490

But the insurance covers it and chances of a false deployment are very very slim.
Old 29th October 2011, 11:19   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yes, you can. I changed mine from White to G. Grey. The dealer has to update it online. That's all.
Are you sure about this? I don't want to buy the white and when I requested my dealer he told me that my delivery would be pushed back further. I have had enough of this pushing back hence sticking to white as of now. But this info changes things.
Let me know whatever details you have.

Thanks.
Old 29th October 2011, 13:48   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Are you sure about this? I don't want to buy the white and when I requested my dealer he told me that my delivery would be pushed back further. I have had enough of this pushing back hence sticking to white as of now. But this info changes things.

Thanks.
The question was whether color change can be made after the booking. And I replied in the affirmative. But I don't know how much delay will this bring about. It may depend on the demand-supply at the specific dealer.

I had booked a white and then I saw the G. Grey at Bangalore and it was quite nice. So I made the switch. It is the same colour in the new WagonR and Ritz. Also, 17 out of the 20 Swifts that I saw in Bangalore were white. So, with everyone going for a white, won't booking a different colour reduce the delay?
Old 29th October 2011, 15:08   #399
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Yes, it's a fact. And it is clearly mentioned in the booking docket as well.
Old 29th October 2011, 15:38   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Also, 17 out of the 20 Swifts that I saw in Bangalore were white. So, with everyone going for a white, won't booking a different colour reduce the delay?
It would but only if they are making other colors!
Old 29th October 2011, 16:48   #401
Senior - BHPian

Saw in todays Economic times that Maruti Suzuki faces 2-4 per cent cancellation of 'Swift' orders read on article on Maruti Suzuki faces 2-4 per cent cancellation of 'Swift' orders - The Economic Times
Old 29th October 2011, 16:55   #402
BHPian

Quote:
The question was whether color change can be made after the booking. And I replied in the affirmative. But I don't know how much delay will this bring about. It may depend on the demand-supply at the specific dealer.
When i went to book today, SA told me i have two color choices. If i want to change, i should do it within a week, or else the waiting will get reset

This doesnt seem to make much sense to me, considering waiting period quoted for ZDi is 8+ months. I was hoping to decide color in 1 month or so, by then there should hopefully be some new swifts in the new colors on the road. Another dealer told me i can give 3 color choices, not sure how that's possible since form should be same for both dealers

The SA also told me they don't allow PDI. He said something about looking at car before allotment, but was clearly against PDI. Decided not to book there for now, will check on this also with other dealers.
Old 29th October 2011, 18:00   #403
Senior - BHPian

I am one of those who had initially booked the white colour, however, after looking at the huge percentage of white swifts on the road in Bangalore (both old and new generations), and thereafter managing to get a close up view of the Torque Blue colour, changed my boookig to Torque Blue. In my opinion, its an absolutely brilliant colour, and suits the sporty looks of the car to the T.

However, the change in colour has changed my waiting period by another couple of weeks or so. However, I was OK with this, since I have already waited 2 months, and expect to get delivery by end Nov or early December. Another 2 weeks would hardly make much of a difference to me. The exclusivity and the awesome sheen of the colour is worth the wait.

From what I understand, the reason why the delivery dates get pushed back is because MSIL, as a policy, is producing much more white/silver variants than the other colours. Therefore, if you order an uncommon colour like blue or grey etc. these would be made to order, i.e. you car would come in the batch in which your chosen colour is actually produced along with the more common whites and silvers.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th October 2011 at 18:06.
Old 29th October 2011, 18:08   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I am one of those who had iitially booked the white colour, however, after looking at the number of white swifts o the road
Yeah, i don't understand why suddenly white is so popular for the new Swift. The older swift didn't have such a skewed ratio, for example, i see many reds and silvers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
However, the change in colour has changed by waiting period by another couple of weeks or so.
I agree, change of 2-3 weeks doesnt matter. I was unhappy as dealer said waiting period gets reset. So suppose, i decided on the color 3-4 months (which basically depends on when we start seeing more new swifts on the road), and waiting period restarts, that for me was unacceptable.

Congrats on your choice and looking forward to seeing snaps and your initial ownership thread once you get it.
Old 29th October 2011, 18:12   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
The SA also told me they don't allow PDI. He said something about looking at car before allotment, but was clearly against PDI. Decided not to book there for now, will check on this also with other dealers.
Can you elaborate a little more on this? Which dealership was this, and what does 'looking at the car before allotment' actually mean?

Will they not allow you to inspect the car and then give the go ahead for registration post your inspection? That's quite strange and in fact, pretty worrying if true.

Also, this skewed ratio in favour of white has me puzzled as well. In fact, not only is this overwhelmingly true in case of Swifts, its also become true for a lot of other manufacturers. In other words, in the last couple of years or so, white as a colour seems to have gained popularity like never before, in all kinds of cars, and especially the Swift. As a result, it has become so common that any other colour gives one a certain kind of exclusivity. And yes, you are indeed right, this is a recent phenomenon- the colour white seems to have suddenly caught on amongst the consumer, for some reason. I was almost prey to it myself, till realization struck me and I changed to a brighter shade!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th October 2011 at 18:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks