Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 19:27   #1891
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The monsoon came with all its might in mumbai and made me realise that something was not right with my swift's wiper blades.

Its clears the water all fine, but there is a strage "woosh woosh" noise every time it glides over the windscreen. I clearly remember this was not the case last year.

Seems like th blades have gone, but is it normal for wiper blades to live past their optimal life in just one monsoon? the car is just about a year and 2 months old.

if replacement is required, should i go with bosch or with maruti OEM. any idea of the costs? Bosch i believe is about 1000 for a pair.
It's time for you to change the wiper blades. The rubber of wiper blades also takes the beating of harsh sun throughout the year. It is good idea to replace it as soon as it stops making smooth wiping operation. Go for either Bosch or Maruti's stock spare part.
Old 12th June 2013, 02:41   #1892
BHPian

Quote:

if replacement is required, should i go with bosch or with maruti OEM. any idea of the costs? Bosch i believe is about 1000 for a pair.
Replacement required. Go for Bosch. Changed mine to Bosch in July last year and they have coped over the past week magnificently.
Old 12th June 2013, 10:54   #1893
Senior - BHPian

The stock wiper blades on our Swift is holding up well. It wipes clean without squealing or judder. I am still looking around to change to Bosch Clear Advantage though. It looks good on the car.

The rear wiper blade is also looking good and is made in Japan by the way. Wonder why MSIL couldn't source one from the local market though.
Old 12th June 2013, 11:19   #1894
BHPian

Okay, my Swift VDi has done a little under 40 k till today. Was bought in Feb last year. That makes it nearly 1.5 yr old.

It came back from service 3 days back and today morning after I cranked up the engine and a couple of kms later i realized that the Engine light is on. I did not have time to research this sudden development.

Apart from the set of 4 speakers + tweeters + Head Unit + Amp + Sub Woofer there are no other after market installations.

Could some one please shed light on the engine light issue. The car is running perfect and no complains at all. Considering this came back from service only 3 days back am surprised to see the error.

Does the battery need replacement?
Old 12th June 2013, 12:20   #1895
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes @Papa Blaze, the battery (@ 40K kms mileage) seems the most probable culprit here. Getting the battery checked is a 5 mins job at any FNG.

IMO Amaron are good replacement, as the one on my Xing have lasted +50k kms & still going strong as compared to OEM (I believe it was Exide).
Old 12th June 2013, 12:49   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Replacement required. Go for Bosch. Changed mine to Bosch in July last year and they have coped over the past week magnificently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The stock wiper blades on our Swift is holding up well. It wipes clean without squealing or judder. I am still looking around to change to Bosch Clear Advantage though. It looks good on the car.
Thanks for your replies. Any idea where i can source this in the western suburbs. i guess there are some shops at opera house but i dont want to travel that far.
Also, if you can help me with the size.
Old 12th June 2013, 14:39   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
^^^ Yes @Papa Blaze, the battery (@ 40K kms mileage) seems the most probable culprit here. Getting the battery checked is a 5 mins job at any FNG.

IMO Amaron are good replacement, as the one on my Xing have lasted +50k kms & still going strong as compared to OEM (I believe it was Exide)
I'll be paying MASS a visit today evening. If there indeed is a problem with the battery I will definitely be going for the Amaron.

Thank you for the suggestion Cardeep.
Old 15th June 2013, 20:39   #1898
BHPian

Can someone pls help me with the size of the wiper blades for the new swift. I am visiting reliance auto tomorrow and want to pick up replacement Bosch blades. Not able to find the size on the manual. Maruti original is now at 650!!
Old 17th June 2013, 22:01   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki facelift expected in 2014 ? IAB has reported leaked images of the same and there are no changes I see other than DRL's being offered.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/2...ki-swift-82242
Old 21st June 2013, 22:46   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Swift Sport looks amazing. Took some pics of the beauty in yellow. Don't know if someone has already posted pictures.
Old 21st June 2013, 22:59   #1901
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your replies. Any idea where i can source this in the western suburbs. i guess there are some shops at opera house but i dont want to travel that far.
Try Prakash auto on SV road at Santacruz. I am not sure if they will have Bosch but they normally have all kinds of brands. I am sure you must have tried cleaning the wiper blades and checking if that helps. Did help in my case; just when I thought the wipers need replacement. They would shudder and make a squealing noise every time. Cleaned them and they are good for now.

Had been to the dealership to fix the horn which was not sounding normal. The new Swift has a different location for the horn which necessitates loosening of the bumper fastening bolts. These bolts are visible when the hood is opened. The horn can be accessed only after these bolts are loosened. The bumper as such does not have to be removed. I remember the horn was easily accessible in the older generation Swift.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 21st June 2013 at 23:07.
Old 23rd June 2013, 17:39   #1902
BHPian

Re: Tyre trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I have a 4 month old Swift ZXI running on stock MRF ZVTVs - 185 / 65 R 15.

The other day when I noticed a bulge in the left front tyre's sidewall. The bulge is not large (around the diameter of a Re 2 coin).
Update: My tyre was replaced under warranty. Since it had run 5k km till then, I was charged Rs 800 in addition. A very smooth process, handled through Mandovi Motors, Mysore.
Old 24th June 2013, 08:35   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I changed to flat blade ones over the weekend. Retained the stock size. 22" and 17".
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:05   #1904
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition Swift called the Swift RS. Don't jump out of your seat now expecting 1.6L or 1.4L engines or a VGT 1.3 DDIS. This is merely a cosmetic upgrade and there are no mechanical changes. The car is finished in white with blue racing highlights in the form of stickers (truly Maruti). MSIL says this is a limited edition with limited number of cars to be made.

The changes made are:

3 piece body kit (front, rear and side skirts)
Rear spoiler
Moto-racing inspired graphics
Blue coloured OVRMs
Illuminated door sills
Audio system with CD, Aux and USB
Funniest of them all as per press release, "For the first time, black wheel covers are being introduced in the Swift RS"

All these changes come at a premium of Rs 24000. Available in VXi and VDi trims only.Swift RS VXi is priced at Rs. 5.21 lakhs, while the Swift RS VDi is priced at Rs. 6.40 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is on sale right away.

Source: New Swift RS - Motorbeam
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:49   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Swift RS. Don't jump out of your seat now expecting 1.6L or 1.4L engines or a VGT 1.3 DDIS. This is merely a cosmetic upgrade and there are no mechanical changes.
Hello Srinath,

I too read the news here: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20878061.cms

It is really sad to see mere cosmetic changes being sold to customers at a premium of Rs. 24,000. I have my doubt on whether this strategy will work. An average Car buyer today is quite smart to understand these marketing gimmicks & make a prudent purchase after exploring all the options.

It would have been ideal scene if Maruti would have chose to upgrade some key features rather than merely putting new stickers & black wheels covers on Swift RS.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks