Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:27   #1801
ZMG
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
The rattle will only increase if not fixed. However, the SA's seem to find it easier to locate and fix the rattle once it increases. Ask them if the torque for all the nuts and screws are proper. I had the same issue and luckily for me, they were able to fix this when they applied the right amount of torque.
The rattle in my car at the moment is not much of an issue as it can hardly be heard when the music and ac are turned on to a bare minimum. But still I tried to get it rectified and it looks like it has increased a little more now

Either ways, il wait and watch and see what can be done.
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:54   #1802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well I stand corrected then. Which email id did you guys complain to? ...
I believe it's contact @ maruti.co.in . You can find this mail id in their website under "Contact Us" page.

Quote:
...The one provided by Maruti is of good quality, no need to look outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
...I was a bit paranoid about the oil which goes in. I didn't want a servo or mak to be filled...
I personally prefer Mobil 1 over everything.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 11:00   #1803

I was travelling from Aurangabad to Pune with 4 people on board. Me, wifey and kids. The baggage was very minimal, just 2 travel bags. The total weight in car wouldn't have been more than 220 kgs. I also made sure to start off early in the morning and made no halts till I reached my destination.
Old 4th March 2013, 12:07   #1804
BHPian

one of the members suggested (on my ownershipo thread) that i replace the air filter of my swift diesel at 10k intervals. The manufacturer recommended is 20k. What is the wider view of the forum on this?

As per the schedule, the air filter was only cleaned. I also clean the air filter every 5K as a DIY.

What would be the cost of a new air filter?
Old 4th March 2013, 12:33   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
Just got back from a few amazing upgrades to my month old Zxi! Fitted awesome autoform black PU leather seat covers and llumar PP-70 sunfilms for sides+back.
You might have to remove those sunfilms very soon unless you want to be fined by the cops. I was fined twice and had to take the films off eventually.

Quote:
one of the members suggested (on my ownershipo thread) that i replace the air filter of my swift diesel at 10k intervals. The manufacturer recommended is 20k. What is the wider view of the forum on this?

As per the schedule, the air filter was only cleaned. I also clean the air filter every 5K as a DIY.

What would be the cost of a new air filter?
20K is too optimistic given the dusty environment and our driving conditions. It is best to have the filter inspected at 10K and take a call. The change also gives you and opportunity to go for non OEM, better quality air filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Thanks for posting this. All dealerships where i went are trying to avoid me from these rattling issue. Pratham Motors Bangalore told me it is common and even if they open it, it may get increased. Sarathy Motors kerala, I eeported the noise is coming from dashboard. And the service exec told it is from the cowl just below front windshield. Applied some form and didnt even bothered to listen to what i was saying. Only thing they were interested was to sell extended warranty for engine. I might have took it if they solve the complaints i registered. Btw where you went? Only one lucky Bhpian from mumbai got rattles rectified from a service center. In my car the noise has increased to an unacceptable level. As a next step thinking of sending a mail to maruti to get details of any area service manager or a good service center or a mechanic who can solve this. I read in Honda two wheeler section that some one got a good service center and a mechanic to solve the complaints in his bike.
Dashboard noise is a tricky situation. Most dealers will discourage you from having it fixed as it involves major work and no guarantee of a solution. I would be skeptical about having the dashboard removed to fix the rattle unless it is really bad. I have a small rattle (from the dashboard area) in my ZDi that is audible at low speeds on uneven roads. After eliminating all possible causes, I am guessing the wire harness is the culprit. I also have the driver seat making a "metal click" type noise on hard braking.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 4th March 2013 at 12:36.
Old 4th March 2013, 12:49   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I was fined twice and had to take the films off eventually.

20K is too optimistic given the dusty environment and our driving conditions. It is best to have the filter inspected at 10K and take a call. The change also gives you and opportunity to go for non OEM, better quality air filters.
you were fined in Mumbai for sunfilms? when and which area? i havent come any checking for sunfilms in mumbai suburbs since the supreme court ruling came into force.

Which other brand of air filters do you recommend? is K&N worth the extra money. what tangible gains can be expected. i am assuming they will need not be changed until atleast 50k
Old 4th March 2013, 12:59   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
you were fined in Mumbai for sunfilms? when and which area? i havent come any checking for sunfilms in mumbai suburbs since the supreme court ruling came into force.

Which other brand of air filters do you recommend? is K&N worth the extra money. what tangible gains can be expected. i am assuming they will need not be changed until atleast 50k
I was fined thrice - twice for the Swift, once for the Altis. And I had supposedly RTO approved films, not the dark ones. I was fined near RCF at Chembur, near Int'l airport and Malad West near Inorbit mall. I wasn't fined until a month back which had me believe I was OK with the films I had. But then, in a span of 2 weeks, I was fined thrice .

By the way, the windscreen films are permitted. No film guy will remove them as chances of liquid getting into the electricals is high. You need to get the glue off the glass after removing the films.

From what I have read on TBHP, Pipercross and Green Cotton filters are good options. K&N stock filters may not give you any tangible benefits but they also have the performance grade air filters which though better are too expensive.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 4th March 2013 at 13:06.
Old 4th March 2013, 22:03   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I was fined thrice - twice for the Swift, once for the Altis. And I had supposedly RTO approved films, not the dark ones. I was fined near RCF at Chembur, near Int'l airport and Malad West near Inorbit mall. I wasn't fined until a month back which had me believe I was OK with the films I had. But then, in a span of 2 weeks, I was fined thrice .
When you say RTO approved, what was the % visibility of the films? Keeping my fingers crossed, haven't heard any cases in pune yet.
Old 4th March 2013, 22:53   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post

When you say RTO approved, what was the % visibility of the films? Keeping my fingers crossed, haven't heard any cases in pune yet.
I don't recall the % figures. During installation, I was told the films are RTO approved. All that is now irrelevant after the Supreme Court ban on car films. Once the Pune cops become aware of the amount of easy money involved, the checks will begin. Leave the films on until then.
Old 4th March 2013, 23:30   #1810
AWD
BHPian

Swift Ldi & Vdi models now almost available on demand. Zdi still remains elusive, dealers quoting ~ 3 months waiting.

On asking the reasons for this, the dealer said its due to increased production & customers swaying in favor of Dzire. Could it be due to decreasing sales in the segment or Swift per-say ?
Old 5th March 2013, 00:01   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Here in Chennai, the ZDi, VDi and LDi are readily available. There is a 3 month waiting period for any petrol Swift chosen. I was taken aback and asked the sales guy, how come? He says market demands have reversed.
Old 7th March 2013, 20:25   #1812
BANNED

The price list of a local maruti dealer also has a VXi ABS model as well.when was it launched?
(The price list is a month old.)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_20130110_2158081.jpg  

Old 8th March 2013, 12:30   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Swift Ldi & Vdi models now almost available on demand. Zdi still remains elusive, dealers quoting ~ 3 months waiting.

On asking the reasons for this, the dealer said its due to increased production & customers swaying in favor of Dzire. Could it be due to decreasing sales in the segment or Swift per-say ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Here in Chennai, the ZDi, VDi and LDi are readily available. There is a 3 month waiting period for any petrol Swift chosen. I was taken aback and asked the sales guy, how come? He says market demands have reversed.
I got to listen conversation between a sales guy and a customer while i was waiting during my cars service. The customer wanted a petrol swift as his requirement is minimal and he need it immediately. SA told diesels are readily available.Production is more due to market demand now. I remembered the days when i waited for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The price list of a local maruti dealer also has a VXi ABS model as well.when was it launched?
(The price list is a month old.)
Maruti may have silently launched it. They may think swift dont need an ad.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:35   #1814
BHPian

Maruti seems to halt production of Petrol Cars due to less demand for petrol cars in one of there plant.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...e-otherstories
Old 11th March 2013, 15:36   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Just returned from a trip to Pune in my Swift VXI. I should say I am truly amazed by the ride quality offered by the car. Maruthi has done a exemplary job in improving the dynamics of the car and its handling. I drove at a constant speed of 90 kmph and never ever felt that engine would be panting, rather it felt like it can do it throughout the day. The most worrisome part was the breaking efficiency which gave me jitters on one occasion but no major drama then. The fuel efficiency was 18 kmpl, recalculated for my confirmation and it broadened my smile. Top class car from top class manufacturer.
Rgds,
CB
Hi Prime,

I've been researching about the Swift and about to book one probably this week. Just needed some quick advice. Though all are appreciating the ride quality and the enhancements of the new Swift, the frequent concern shared by many was the braking efficiency. Please let me know how good is the braking in bumper-to-bumper traffic and at speeds below 40 km. I confronted the dealer on this aspect who allayed my fears saying that with every batch the errors of previous ones are rectified. I don't know how far this was true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks