Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:07   #1726
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I urge you to confirm the same by calling MSIL helpline to clear any doubts. And do update us if you get any official confirmation.
Have written to Maruti, will keep the forum posted if there is any response to that.
Old 6th January 2013, 20:47   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Guys the 1.3 multijet BS IV is compatible with both synthetic and mineral oil. My Ertiga came with mineral and post 10k service I shifted to synthetic. Both are fine and end of the day it's upto the customer. Don't get paranoid about it.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 21:20   #1728
BHPian

Many Bhpians are shifting to mineral oil. Any particular reason for that?
Old 6th January 2013, 21:34   #1729
BHPian

I have been going through the posts of bhpians shifting from synthetic to mineral oil due to the high cost of the synthetic oil! Is it worth the trouble? Of course we buy diesel cars due to savings in our regular running but now it seems like the Maruti guys are trying to rip us apart by making it compulsory to use synthetic oil! Hence this increases the cost per km at the end of the day.
I have had the earlier swift MJD and the engine used to run like a gem after the mineral oil changed every 10000km service.

Last edited by zwift1819 : 6th January 2013 at 21:39.
Old 6th January 2013, 22:58   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I have been going through the posts of bhpians shifting from synthetic to mineral oil due to the high cost of the synthetic oil! Is it worth the trouble? Of course we buy diesel cars due to savings in our regular running but now it seems like the Maruti guys are trying to rip us apart by making it compulsory
You are free to use synthetic or mineral oil. Maruti A S S give you the choice. They recommend synthetic oil for longer engine life and lower NVH. They haven't made it compulsory.
Old 9th January 2013, 23:40   #1731
BHPian

Back from a 8 day 2900km+ Gujarat trip in the swift. 4 of us with a boot load of luggage traveling to the Rann, Narara and Gir.

+ves from the trip:

1. combined load was over 550Kgs with passengers and luggage. Car never bottomed out even on approach ro the Rann and gir which were in slight off-road territory.

2. No compromise in handling. In fact, I felt the extra load made it handle even better.

3. Duraplus was a boon to have. Traveled over a lot of bad roads, a stretch in between Jamnagar to Rajkot was under constructions and man...the roads were bad. The tires managed the entire trip without any incident, no bulges, no cuts on the sidewall, no punctures. Tire noise??? Well the lesser said the better

4. Mileage was a healthy 18.7 with the MID showing 19.3 kmpl. Was mostly driven over 120 kmph thanks to the near perfect highways in Gujarat.

-ves:

1. Lack of boot severely felt (old crib) but no cribs

2. The squeaky noise from the dash mentioned earlier on this page reappeared within 100 kms and stayed right through the trip increasing in intensity. Surprisingly, when the car was cleaned today and driven, the noise had disappeared. Makes me wonder if it was something else and not the dash which was squeaking. Maybe the extra weight was the culprit? I'm baffled.

3. Center armrest severely missed.

Apart from this, my 100/90 philips extreme vision malfunctioned, flickered a few times and then was without lights while on the highway for about 5 minutes. Stopped by the side and checked the relay and the connection. found the connection to be loose. Fixed it and realized that the RHS bulb went kaput. Thankfully, the stock fog lights are bright.

All in all, a very satisfying road trip. looking forward to the next one (possibly Leh)

A few pics...resolution lowered to meet forum size limitations. First 3 pics taken using a Sony A35 and the last 2 using a Canon 1100D
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc05522003.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc07042001.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc07200.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_0157002.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_0159.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc05709.jpg  

Shome is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 11:24   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
2. The squeaky noise from the dash mentioned earlier on this page reappeared within 100 kms and stayed right through the trip increasing in intensity. Surprisingly, when the car was cleaned today and driven, the noise had disappeared. Makes me wonder if it was something else and not the dash which was squeaking. Maybe the extra weight was the culprit? I'm baffled.
I have a similar issue and I thought it was coming from the steering Turned out to be a squeak coming from the seat. This sound has a habit of disappearing for some time once you change the position of the seat.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:28   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Our car has a clicking noise coming from under the driver' seat. I think its the left side. It is heard only when the car is pushed in the curves. Basically, when there is lateral load on the seat, I can hear it.
Old 10th January 2013, 20:31   #1734
BHPian

On my ZDI that has done 9.5k till date, if I adjust the seat without ensuring that the it has fitted onto the next slot, there is a clicking noise which vanishes if I ensure that it is fits into the slot by moving the seats back and forth a inch or two.

Apart from the seats, I also hear a lot of squeaking noise from the rear, B pillars and sometime near the dash. It is so inconsistent that I am unable to trace the location. The quality of plastics on the doors and their fitment leaves a lot to be desired. The thickness of the paint also seems to be poor when I compare it with the paint quality of my earlier cars - Manza and Getz.
Old 11th January 2013, 18:59   #1735
BHPian

Just back after 3rd free service. Did the first oil change. Selected synthetic oil. I have mixed feeling about service. Happy thing is that i was there during the whole process. Mentioned all the rattles. My friendly adviser took the car for a spin and zeroed in to the source of rattles as the plastic part just below wiper. Replaced fuel filter.Total bill was 3817. Now the sad part. SA given the form to a mechanic. He started filling some form inside the rattling part. I told him it is not from there and mentioned my assumptions and findings. He informed his senior. Senior came and hit hard all over the dash. As per him this is common in new swift but didn't bothered to check about what i told. Came out after service and car was in same old state over bad roads. Didn't had enough time to go back.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:17   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Just back after 3rd free service. Did the first oil change. Selected synthetic oil. I have mixed feeling about service. Happy thing is that i was there during the whole process. Mentioned all the rattles. My friendly adviser took the car for a spin and zeroed in to the source of rattles as the plastic part just below wiper. Replaced fuel filter.Total bill was 3817. Now the sad part. SA given the form to a mechanic. He started filling some form inside the rattling part. I told him it is not from there and mentioned my assumptions and findings. He informed his senior. Senior came and hit hard all over the dash. As per him this is common in new swift but didn't bothered to check about what i told. Came out after service and car was in same old state over bad roads. Didn't had enough time to go back.
My third service is due soon and still debating between using synthetic or mineral. I guess the car came filled with synthetic so I makes sense to continue with the same. However a lot of ppl say that in Indian dusty conditions its best to put fresh oil every 5k Kms.

Any specific reason you chose to go with synthetic?
Old 11th January 2013, 22:13   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

My third service is due soon and still debating between using synthetic or mineral. I guess the car came filled with synthetic so I makes sense to continue with the same. However a lot of ppl say that in Indian dusty conditions its best to put fresh oil every 5k Kms.

Any specific reason you chose to go with synthetic?
My car has clocked 8300kms and will soon go for the third service but am thinking of flushing out the synthetic oil and using mineral just like some Bhpians have done. After all it's the same DDiS engine with BIV norms and the mineral oil used to be just fine after service. Moreover the oil change in mineral also is every 10000kms and not 5000kms.
Old 11th January 2013, 22:23   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
the oil change in mineral also is every 10000kms and not 5000kms.
If that's the case then synth will almost be 3 times as expensive. What are the benefits of synth? Does the car really run much smoother?

Gurus pls advise. I am worried about running 10k on mineral oil in the dusty polluted environment of Mumbai
Old 11th January 2013, 22:54   #1739
BHPian

I choose synthetic based on the below facts
1) All fiat engines are coming with synthetic and they suggests same. In fact all modern diesels are in synthetic oil with lengthy service intervals.
2) Service interval is more, visits to MASS is less.
3) Read in threads that synthetic gives more engine life.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:05   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
I choose synthetic based on the below facts
1) All fiat engines are coming with synthetic and they suggests same. In fact all modern diesels are in synthetic oil with lengthy service intervals.
2) Service interval is more, visits to MASS is less.
3) Read in threads that synthetic gives more engine life.
Service intervals will remain 10k irrespective right? Or can you stretch synth to 15-20k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks