Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:50   #1591
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Yes it is new gen. And i checked with friends who has new swift. As GTO mentioned the build quality is good for lower variants and not up to mark for higher. And the worst part is it is not coming every time and i was not able to reproduce it when i went to MASS.
I also have a very minor rattling sound coming from behind the drivers seat, have checked the car thoroughly but could not find anything. I do not want to risk by getting it checked from MASS as they have a tendency to amplify the rattling. Any ideas as to what might be causing the rattling?
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:31   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm

Yes it is new gen. And i checked with friends who has new swift. As GTO mentioned the build quality is good for lower variants and not up to mark for higher. And the worst part is it is not coming every time and i was not able to reproduce it when i went to MASS.
I am facing the same issue,feeling bad why I got the top end ZXI.Even after spending this much on a new car,its rattling has made me think whether swifts quality is below average.In recent times its rattling all around the interiors,have done about 7600kms and its 7 months old.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:38   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
It is rattling very badly on uneven surfaces. Car is butter smooth on good roads and highways. Rattling started after first service( Exactly after a trip to chikamangalore where we climbed some hills and all roads were in bad condition). During second service i have mentioned this. An other complaint was ACC taking air from outside even if the internal circulation mode is on. MASS has refitted the whole ACC unit to solve the second issue and refitted front tweeter to solve first. No sounds for a couple of days and it started again badly with center console rattling noise. Checked with one of my friend and he too has this issue. Any bhpian facing the same? Some one has reported a steering rattling and replacement of steering assembly. Was that for a particular batch?
I am not able to reproduce this while stand still and to find from where exactly it is coming.
Mine ZDI had developed steering rattles very early. Service advisers used write "Suspension tightening" on the job card to fix it, but the problem resurfaced within few hundred kilometers.
Fixing the rattles is not everyone's cup of tea. Identifying the exact source of rattle is the biggest challenge .You need to find out a good Service Adviser + Mechanic combo in MASS'es across your city who are good at fixing rattles and ensure that your car is allocated to them to fix the issues.
I got my steering rattle issue solved at Hasan Garage Nagpur (MASS). The owner of this MASS is too good ad patient to listen to each and every issue and personally takes care to fix them all.
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:18   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Mine ZDI had developed steering rattles very early. I got my steering rattle issue solved at Hasan Garage Nagpur (MASS). The owner of this MASS is too good ad patient to listen to each and every issue and personally takes care to fix them all.
How exactly did they solve the steering rattle problem?
Even my ZDI developed steering rattle as early as 3k on the odo, and after repeated complaints the rack assembly was replaced at 11k, but I can still hear an odd rattle at times. I seriously doubt the quality of parts used. In my uncle's 2011 ZDI, steering rack assembly has been replaced twice. But it feels fine after the second replacement.
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:32   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
How exactly did they solve the steering rattle problem?
Even my ZDI developed steering rattle as early as 3k on the odo, and after repeated complaints the rack assembly was replaced at 11k, but I can still hear an odd rattle at times. I seriously doubt the quality of parts used. In my uncle's 2011 ZDI, steering rack assembly has been replaced twice. But it feels fine after the second replacement.
Could not speak to the SA; he had already left by the time I went to collect the car. But the problem has not resurfaced since then and have driven on few bad and rough patches too for around 500 kms. Still shall wait for 2-3k kms more to conclude if its actually been rectified. Keeping fingers crossed till then.
Also the kind of vibrations and rattles were very difficult to reproduce in front to SA during the test drives.It was only on certain kind of roads and surfaces the rattle would occur; still the SA was sure that he had understood the problem and would fix it.
beast_within is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:50   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
I am facing the same issue,feeling bad why I got the top end ZXI.Even after spending this much on a new car,its rattling has made me think whether swifts quality is below average.In recent times its rattling all around the interiors,have done about 7600kms and its 7 months old.
Exactly same feeling i have. After spending my hard earned money on this top model, this is not what i expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Mine ZDI had developed steering rattles very early. Service advisers used write "Suspension tightening" on the job card to fix it, but the problem resurfaced within few hundred kilometers.
Fixing the rattles is not everyone's cup of tea. Identifying the exact source of rattle is the biggest challenge .You need to find out a good Service Adviser + Mechanic combo in MASS'es across your city who are good at fixing rattles and ensure that your car is allocated to them to fix the issues.
I got my steering rattle issue solved at Hasan Garage Nagpur (MASS). The owner of this MASS is too good ad patient to listen to each and every issue and personally takes care to fix them all.
How you are identifying steering rattling. Is it a noise from steering column or it vibrates on bad roads?
I went to MASS today and met the person who did the servicing last time. Went for a short drive on a bad stretch. I was able to reproduce it. But not able to find from where exactly it is coming. He ask if i have done any extra fittings. This was expected. I didn't even put seat cover on my car. As per him if they open the dashboard and refit it, it may cause some more rattles. I am planing to get this rectified from MASS in Kerala from where i took the car. I know a senior service manager there. Meanwhile anyone knows a better technician in any MASS in bangalore?
Also thinking of sending a mail to maruti if nothing worked. I read in bikes thread honda had suggested a service center and SA for a customer who had faced some issues in his bikes servicing.

Last edited by devil_klm : 23rd October 2012 at 15:59.
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:05   #1597
BHPian

Quote:

How you are identifying steering rattling. Is it a noise from steering column or it vibrates on bad roads?
Both. "Kat-Kat" sound along with vibrations in sync with the sound.
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:48   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within

Both. "Kat-Kat" sound along with vibrations in sync with the sound.
Yeah, the same experience here. The steering vibrates and feels quite loose while going over rough and broken roads.
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:01   #1599

Hi All.

I am back with another question.

Mentioned below is the approximate breakup as given to me by the dealer. As I am at work, I do not have the exact number, but this would give a gyst of what I am coming at.

OTR : 782800/- approx

Breakup as follows (approx figures):

Ex-Showroom with 3rd year EW : 688800
RTO : 61000
Insurance: 21000
MCD Parking : 4000
Autocard: 337
Basic Car Kit : 1500
Handling Charges : 6000

Now I seriously do not understand what this Handling Charges and Autocard thing is all about. I will be checking this with my sales advisor on my next visit to the showroom.

Can anyone tell me what all can be reduced or completely done away with?

Just to add, I have been given the option to take my own Insurance should I wish to.

Thanks in Advance..!!
Old 24th October 2012, 12:10   #1600
BHPian

Abhi, from the list you can avoid insurance from showroom. This price includes commission to the SE. You can get Zero depreciation or bumper to bumper insurance from outside which will cos u almost same( may be even less). Check what is included in basic car kit. Go for only mudflap(Maruti has the matching ones for swift) and floor mat(Only if you like that).
Go thorough the below post to get further details about handling charges in Delhi.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...es-scam-8.html
What is that MCD parking and auto card?
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 19:30   #1601
BHPian

hey a quick question:

is the stock system compatible with USB 3.0? any one used a 3.0 flash drive on the system to see faster read times?

currently, i use a sandisk fit pen drive and it takes a while to switch between songs. wondering if a 3.0 drive will improve performance.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:13   #1602
BHPian

USB 3 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. But IIRC the system only support USB 2, so performance gains will be marginal if any.
quadbike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 12:20   #1603
BHPian

Any specific reason why the lower variants are better built in case of Swift ?
The first gen Swift had the ZXi variant which was better built
Old 26th October 2012, 12:43   #1604
BANNED

Quote:
As GTO mentioned the build quality is good for lower variants and not up to mark for higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Any specific reason why the lower variants are better built in case of Swift ?
GTO told that in a different sense. What he meant was "for the that we pay for the lower end variants, the build quality is good, but for the price we pay for top end, the build quality is not up to the mark". It is not like Maruti makes lower end variants with low quality and top end with high quality. The build quality is same throughout the variants.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 26th October 2012 at 12:44.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:02   #1605
BHPian

I don't find any difference in built quality across the variants. In-fact i felt the ZDI/ZXI feels premium enough(interior) from the V & L variants because of OEM Stereo & ACC which enhances the look of dash.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 26th October 2012 at 13:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks