Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 14:14   #1666
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

its sad to see so many people now suffering with the rattle problems. earlier reports had been of a better build quality which doesnt seem to be the case. i have done 8k kms on my swift, and though driven on potholed mumbai roads, i have not had any rattles till now (touchwood). but all these other instances have got me worried.

Another peculiar thing i noticed a few days back. People having the 'Z' variant can help. If the temprature outside is lower than the temprature i set on the automatic climate control (say outside is 20C and i set it to 24C), the air flow automatically gets directed to the face and feet mode. If i try to change it to face only, the auto mode goes off. Is this a standard way the system is configured (does anyone know why) or should i show it at MASS

Last edited by funkyp : 10th December 2012 at 14:31.
Old 10th December 2012, 14:27   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Another peculiar thing i noticed a few days back. People having the 'Z' variant can help. If the temprature outside is lower than the temprature i set on the automatic climate control (say outside is 20C and i set it to 24C), the air flow automatically gets directed to the face and feet mode. If i try to change it to face only, the auto mode goes off. Is this a standard way the system is configured (does anyone know why) or should i show it at MASS
Yeah, I think that's a standard as I have experienced the same. Probably the
ACC has been designed to act like that...making sure your feet are warm as well in case the ambient temperature is lower than the cabin temperature by more than 3-4 degrees
Old 10th December 2012, 16:10   #1668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
That's the way ACC is configured in all cars I think - not just the Swift.

When the outside temperature is lower than the temperature you set in the ACC, the system keeps switching ON (and OFF) the heater. Hot dry air blowing into face irritates your eyes and makes you feel sleepy. That's why the system changes the airflow to face/feet mode.
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 21:43   #1669
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Seat squeaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
My driver seat squeaks and cries every time I go over a hump or pothole. I reported this problem multiple times to the service centre, and each time they oil the railings of the seat. The sounds seem to vanish for a day or so, but comes back with the same intensity.
Does it have to do with the height adjuster by any chance? Has anyone else experienced it?
Exactly same with my ZDI too.. Also I am hearing rattle from RVM on right side..
Old 11th December 2012, 17:25   #1670
BHPian

The build quality on the new Swift seems not as good as we all want to believe. I can already start hearing squeaks and minor rattles on my ZDI when going over bad roads. The plastic quality on the doors being the main culprit.

Agree on the poor paint quality as well. Despite my paint protection, it is very easy to scratch and never seen such a poor quality in my earlier cars, Getz and Manza.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 11th December 2012 at 17:37.
Old 11th December 2012, 17:52   #1671
BHPian

Many are facing the rattles in new Swift. I didn't felt the paint quality is that poor. Once a biker hit my cars bumper while trying to passing through the gap between my car and the one in front. When i checked it i didn't find any scratch. Mine is a 2012 Feb model. The time when Maruti hired temporary workers. May be our cars were guinea pig for them to learn assembling. All these sounds and rattles came out after completing 1000Km in my car and started increasing. So i think the fittings are not done properly. Anyone who got the car before the strike in manesar plant can confirm. And how is this in the new dezire?
Old 11th December 2012, 21:06   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Has anyone installed a armrest in the new swift?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-universal...#ht_2170wt_906
I was also having thoughts of putting the same, contacted the seller on the installation procedure. I got a vague reply that installation was easy and involved drilling some holes for the fitment. I asked for more details on this "drilling" procedure... but no information forthcoming. So, plans put in the backburner.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 21:41   #1673
BHPian

Mine is a Oct 2011 LXI - so, was manufactured just prior to the labour unrest.

On rattles in the new swift, mine has done 10K on good and marginally bad roads.
Till date it has been smooth driving although one does hear outside noise pretty clearly. Remember getting scare on a shrill whine - that turned out to be emanating from a neighboring Indica.

But, nothing to report on squeaks and rattles, till date(touchwood).

No complaints as such, till date my only crib has been with the brakes and response (rather the lack of it) in the communication with Maruti. Two emails and no response, not even an acknowledgement yet.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 09:23   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Mine is a Oct 2011 LXI - so, was manufactured just prior to the labour unrest.

On rattles in the new swift, mine has done 10K on good and marginally bad roads.
Till date it has been smooth driving although one does hear outside noise pretty clearly. Remember getting scare on a shrill whine - that turned out to be emanating from a neighboring Indica.

But, nothing to report on squeaks and rattles, till date(touchwood).

No complaints as such, till date my only crib has been with the brakes and response (rather the lack of it) in the communication with Maruti. Two emails and no response, not even an acknowledgement yet.
Thanks white wing. So these rattlings can be solved by an expert from MASS who knows how to open and fit the dash without increasing the noise inside. Those who are getting it rectified, please share the details of service center and contact person.

Last edited by devil_klm : 12th December 2012 at 09:31.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:04   #1675
BANNED

I'm driving my Swift daily through under construction potholed roads since the last 7 months since road work is going on ever since. Sometimes i don't slow down if i'm behind schedule but so far the Swift has exceeded my expectations. There are rattles from the plastic bits, but nothing too loud or irritating. This is nothing compared to a similarly treated old Swift. If the music is on they're almost inaudible.

The road i'm talking about is Jagathy - Edapazhinji - Maruthumkuzhi section of Kochar Road, those in trivandrum who know this road also knows how bad it is, even the Auto guys are reluctant to come this way. I live on this section.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 23:31   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Thanks white wing. So these rattlings can be solved by an expert from MASS who knows how to open and fit the dash without increasing the noise inside. Those who are getting it rectified, please share the details of service center and contact person.
I mentioned that I did not face any rattling issues (since i got it). Hence there has been no need to rectify it.
Old 15th December 2012, 10:26   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I mentioned that I did not face any rattling issues (since i got it). Hence there has been no need to rectify it.
Agreed. My point is that many of us who are facing the issue are those who bought after the strike started or the car in the batch during the strike.
Since your car is not having any issues so it can be due to the newbies in Maruti who joined as contractors during that time.
Old 17th December 2012, 01:14   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Since your car is not having any issues so it can be due to the newbies in Maruti who joined as contractors during that time.
Maruti Suzuki is big organization, a dip in quality so to speak can't be attributed to new joinees, they have a proper quality control system in place which determines the car's build quality.
That being said, Maruti might have mellowed down on the quality level as a cost cutting measure (yes ensuring quality costs!)
Old 19th December 2012, 09:21   #1679
BHPian

Any idea what is the buzzing sound when the ignition is turned on. Have been hearing it for the past few days in my ZDi. The sound remains even after the car is started

Well my sister's car completed a year and 14200 km yesterday. A couple of rattles are there but not at irritant level yet. Average remains at a steady 16.3 kmpl. With full tank range never exceeding 580 km.
Old 19th December 2012, 12:12   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Any idea what is the buzzing sound when the ignition is turned on. Have been hearing it for the past few days in my ZDi. The sound remains even after the car is started...
Guess that's the fuel pump or fuel lines getting activated. Ideally that should go off after 5-10 seconds. I always crank the engine once the sound goes off.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed