Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:35   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream
Need help:

Hit a pedestrian and lost the mirror on LHS RVM. Everything (electrical motor, indicator) is working fine. Just the mirror has fallen off and shattered.

Has anyone replaced this part or any idea if ONLY the mirror is available as a part or should I buy the whole assembly?
Hi livyodream,
So what did you do to the RVM got the glass separate or full kit?
Even Toyota gives mirror separately which I bought for my innova a year ago. Do keep us posted.
Old 23rd September 2012, 15:39   #1562
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
My friend got a date for tomorrow (afternoon) for the ECU update on his Dzire VXi. I understand his low speed braking problem will be gone, but, still get his exact feedback for the benefit of all on forum.
Initial feedback from my friend:

"the problem hasn't appeared in the drive back to home"... though he was sounding tense as the road he was travelling had traffic, & was fearing problem may reappear. I had to explain him almost everything about the ECU update, including what is an ECU in first place.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:17   #1563
Senior - BHPian

^^^ My friend has provided me the feedback that the car appears fine at the moment. He test drove the car extensively on bad roads where you have to keep the speed & RPMs down. He has permitted his details be made public, & these are as under:

Car : Maruti Suzuki Dzire VXi
Owner : Luv Agarwal
Car Regn No - DL6CL 6104

The ECU update was done at Magic Autos (from where he bought the car, & has been getting the same serviced regularly).

He was not allowed to see what was going on with his car, & the QA (~ Technical) Expert from Maruti Suzuki worked on the car from inside & did not let my friend see what's going on. When Luv went nearer to car to see through the closed window the MS Expert folded the screen of the Laptop, so that Luv cannot know what is being worked on through the laptop.

Surprisingly, the bill, for Rs.NIL, read out "Disc Brake Cleaning" as the job done on the car... Maruti come up openly on this.

At present, he is not vary happy with the service offered, the problem was sorted after 3 visits, & innumerous denials initially by higher ups in MS about the brakes being inadequate (courtesy the booster). Add to this he is also not happy with MS update on Facebook on how to make the brakes work better in case of low RPMs. How come they have now worked on this problem now, is his argument.

He also had his mileage improved by some software updates some time back, & his mileage on highways these days is 19.5 kmpl.

I wish he has much better ownership experience now on .

Last edited by CARDEEP : 25th September 2012 at 12:23.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:30   #1564
BHPian

I can also confirm that my mileage has improved by about 10%-15% after the ECU update. I wasnt allowed to look when the ECU was updated and was told that they had reset the ECU and not updated.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:36   #1565
BHPian

Guys, is this ECU "reset" only for petrol swifts? I have a diesel ZDi and wondering if I should ring up a Maruti SA to confirm? I am yet to experience the braking issue though.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:01   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Guys, is this ECU "reset" only for petrol swifts? I have a diesel ZDi and wondering if I should ring up a Maruti SA to confirm? I am yet to experience the braking issue though.
Only for Petrol SWIFTs. There are no issues with SWIFT D. If you know anyone who is facing this issue with their petrol SWIFT, you could ask them to get in touch with TSM.
Old 4th October 2012, 15:55   #1567
BHPian

Getting my third service done tomorrow. The 10000 km one. Wanted to know if I should get the tire rotation, balancing & alignment done at the service centre itself? Do they normally do a good job or I should do it at a stand alone place.

Any advice on things to look out for at the third service are also welcome.
Old 4th October 2012, 16:33   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Wanted to know if I should get the tire rotation, balancing & alignment done at the service centre itself?
Get it done outside from a reputed tire shop.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 17:39   #1569
BHPian

Is the ECU update only for the Lxi and Vxi models? Was it only for the braking issue? I own a Zxi and have never faced any braking issue till now. The brakes are pretty decent in my car.
Old 4th October 2012, 20:07   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
Is the ECU update only for the Lxi and Vxi models? Was it only for the braking issue? I own a Zxi and have never faced any braking issue till now. The brakes are pretty decent in my car.
I guess it's only for models without ABS. ABS equipped Petrol Swifts( ie ZXi) don't have any braking issues.
Old 5th October 2012, 22:57   #1571
AWD
BHPian

Does anybody have any info. on "fitting a height adjustable drivers seat in Swift Vdi?
I need to go in for this retro-fitment urgently or else I may have to part with the car.

With my back problem, I need this feature.

Last edited by AWD : 5th October 2012 at 22:58.
Old 6th October 2012, 07:10   #1572
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Does anybody have any info. on "fitting a height adjustable drivers seat in Swift Vdi?
I need to go in for this retro-fitment urgently or else I may have to part with the car.

With my back problem, I need this feature.
I was contemplating this as well. All you have to bear is the cost of an entire new seat from the ZDi. The mount position is exactly the same. Do check with your local dealer and then place an order as the seat might not be in stock.
Old 6th October 2012, 10:24   #1573
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
All you have to bear is the cost of an entire new seat from the ZDi. The mount position is exactly the same. Do check with your local dealer and then place an order as the seat might not be in stock.
Many thanks. I got in touch with local dealer from whom I purchased the Car. 1st he said the seat from Zdi would cost ~20k. Not believing I approached him again & got him to open the parts manual & then check out the price. It turned out to be ~6k.

Before placing the order, the dealer called a denter from workshop & the denter said that the two seats cannot be interchanged because of different mounting points. He said that they know this because a similar setting was tried earlier on some car & they were not able to go ahead.

Therefore I wanted to clarify if someone has gone ahead with the retro-fitment, might be knowing the complete picture. Before placing the order I want to be sure whether its possible/doable.

Btw, did you then get the job done?
Old 9th October 2012, 07:07   #1574

My First Post (After three failed attempts to join the Forum)

After a lot of deliberation, decided to get the Swift D over the i20, primarily because:

1. I had a Swift P in Ireland and I love this car.
2. I do not have the kind of money the i20 D warrants.

Now then, that the car has been decided, a few questions for those who have already bought/booked a Swift and those who invariably are much more knowledgeable than me when it comes to all things four wheeled.

Q1. VDI or ZDI ?
Q2. Can VDI be upgraded to ZDI i.e. just the head unit (no speakers) and ACC ?
Q3. Tyre Upsize and after market alloys (i love the alloys bunnypunia has on his i20) for the two variants ? This one is more show off oriented.
Q4. ICE : The best and baddest setup one can achieve in about 25k (this is without the HU as I plan to get the OEM one. It just looks good). Hoping that LBM chances upon this thread and this post...
Q5. The styling kit, is it suggested to opt for it. I saw it on a showroom car at it was total drool stuff.
Q6. Flippy keys: Saw few on Ebay which support the button shapes that we get on the VDI/ZDI key. Now I don't know about transponder keys so are these advisable. Again this is a good to have and not a necessity.

I have read through so many pages on this forum regarding the car in questions and know that all the above mentioned pointers would have been answered somewhere or the other, however, it doesn't hurt to get a collated answer at one place.

The color I am going to get is glistening grey. Thanks a million...
Old 9th October 2012, 08:40   #1575
BHPian

Welcome Abhi and great to see your first post in Swift thread.

Q1. VDI or ZDI ?
Go for ZDI if you want all security features as ABS, Airbags and better breaks

Q2. Can VDI be upgraded to ZDI i.e. just the head unit (no speakers) and ACC ?
Can be done only look wise. Security features cannot be added

Q3. Tyre Upsize and after market alloys (i love the alloys bunnypunia has on his i20) for the two variants ? This one is more show off oriented.
Possible.

Q4. ICE : The best and baddest setup one can achieve in about 25k (this is without the HU as I plan to get the OEM one. It just looks good). Hoping that LBM chances upon this thread and this post...
Connectivity of OEM HU to an amp needs to be checked with an ICE guru.

Q5. The styling kit, is it suggested to opt for it. I saw it on a showroom car at it was total drool stuff.
No issues. Check is it is affects ground clearance.

Q6. Flippy keys: Saw few on Ebay which support the button shapes that we get on the VDI/ZDI key. Now I don't know about transponder keys so are these advisable. Again this is a good to have and not a necessity.
Absolutely possible. Maruty could have given this as standard.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please do not reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. For the correct way to quote, please see this thread (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP). Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th October 2012 at 16:20.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks