Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 15:37   #811
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Has Honda resumed bookings for Jazz?

Last checked, Honda dealers (Chennai) were not taking any bookings for Jazz because of all the Thailand problems. Infact, my friend got his booking refunded as instructed to the dealer by Honda themselves.
Hey, sorry dont have an idea if jazz bookings have re-opened. I had booked the discounted jazz long back in july 2011, couldnt get delivery, then waited for the new launch, didnt take delivery in oct due to personal reasons. My booking stands intact, so once i give a go ahead, i can get the 1st 2012 model that comes to the dealer
Old 30th January 2012, 19:43   #812
BHPian

Quote:
That should hurt.

Congrats! Its well worth the wait!

I went to the dealership today to inquire about my booking status. Looks like I am in number 16 on their list (For ZDi - any colour). Exactly one month back - I was informed I am on number 32.

Quite happy with they way they responded and explained the system, and I guess I can get a delivery before mid- March (which is my deadline).
Hei. Congrats. Did you check how the number got reduce by half all of a sudden. Even it happened for me. And if they are able to go like this before march you will get your vehicle.
Old 31st January 2012, 13:13   #813
BANNED

Can anyone tell me whether the engine is hydraulically mount?
Old 31st January 2012, 13:41   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Can anyone tell me whether the engine is hydraulically mount?
Yes, the swift does have a hydraulic mounted engine.

SD
SwiftSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:57   #815
BHPian

Re: MUL's Dzire,what is exactly wrong? Why So much Delay in delivery?

My colleague booked New SWIFT VDI on december-2011. While booking, the dealer promised delivery by Feb-2012. Now they are saying it will be April-May.

I think the delay is due to delay in finalizing the deal with FIAT on diesel engine. Now as part of new deal FIAT-INDIA will manufacture the engine and give to Maruti. And the first delivery starts by last week of Jan-2012. Now it will not big surprise if the engine carries "Made by FIAT" mark!!.

Regards,
Prasanna
"Competition brings better product".
Old 31st January 2012, 23:21   #816
BHPian

Hi Guys. Is there any news that fiat is making engines for swift now. Today i called up the owner of my dealership and he was telling this.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:54   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm
Hi Guys. Is there any news that fiat is making engines for swift now. Today i called up the owner of my dealership and he was telling this.
Now? And what's "news" about it? All diesel swifts sold so far had engines from Fiat. Even Dzire and SX4 diesel cars have the same Fiat engines.
It's not news.
Old 1st February 2012, 00:13   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Yes! They have signed the contract for 1L MJD engines a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Now? And what's "news" about it? All diesel swifts sold so far had engines from Fiat. Even Dzire and SX4 diesel cars have the same Fiat engines.It's not news.
The question was NOT whether Fiat engine is used in Swift; rather does Fiat make engines for Swift! And at the cost of sounding stupid, there is a difference.

Till now Maruti was manufacturing the engines under the license of Fiat. Now, Fiat will manufacture and supply 1L engines to be used in Swift / Ritz etc! That should be in addition to what Maruti is manufacturing. That's based on a new contract signed between Fiat & Maruti recently!

Edit:: This is because,

1. Maruti doesn't want to spend R&D on making new Diesel engines.
2. They have severe shortage for MJD engines leading to loooooooong waiting periods for the MJD variants.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2012 at 00:16. Reason: Adding "Edit" field
Old 1st February 2012, 08:50   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
It's not news.
It's news my friend. As till now Maruti was manufacturing diesel engine under license from Fiat, which it would continue doing. But apart from that, due to shortage of engines and long waiting periods Fiat would manufacture the engines at their own facility and ship it to MSIL Manesar Plant.

However, this is unclear that "Made By Fiat" engines would be used in Swift HB or New Dzire or may be mix of both.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:16   #820
Team-BHP Support

@prkothan: I dont think it will carry "Made by FIAT" mark. DDiS has good brand identity of its own (Common people associate it will Maruti diesels, and is a lot more popular than 'Multijet' brand name in India). Moreover, rumours are that Maruti is paying huge money to FIAT for the extra 1L engines that FIAT India is going to provide to Maruti. (Remember the 17k price hike the diesel variants of Swift had in January just before the declaration of the deal?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is because,

1. Maruti doesn't want to spend R&D on making new Diesel engines.
2. They have severe shortage for MJD engines leading to loooooooong waiting periods for the MJD variants.
3. FIAT has a big engine plant, and the volumes they do currently does not do justice to the plant.
4. Rumours suggest that they might extend the deal to include a smaller 1L engine (similar to the one in beat) as well for the use in WagonR.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:27   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Rumours suggest that they might extend the deal to include a smaller 1L engine (similar to the one in beat) as well for the use in WagonR.
@CrAzY dRiVeR

The 3 pot MJD is exclusive to GM. GM developed it for their vehicles and NO ONE else has access to it.

Atleast this is what I understand currently
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 09:42   #822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@CrAzY dRiVeR

The 3 pot MJD is exclusive to GM. GM developed it for their vehicles and NO ONE else has access to it.

Atleast this is what I understand currently
True!

BUT, FIAT is rumoured to be developing their own version of the same. Maruti has also openly stated that FIAT is developing the 1L version and Maruti is trying it get it for the WagonR.

Although GM does not need to share the engine they developed, they cannot prevent FIAT from developing their own 3 cylinder version of the 1.3L multijet since the ownership of the engine is shared between FIAT and GM.
Quote:
Mr RC Bhargava, the managing director of Maruti Suzuki, has showed immense interest in the future potential of this new mill by Fiat. He said,
At the moment, we have a 1.3-litre diesel engine. Fiat is working on 1,000cc engines also. We don’t know the timeline, but surely, we will get these for our smaller cars.
Source - Maruti Wagon R diesel on the anvil? 1-liter 60bhp CRDI?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st February 2012 at 09:45.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:01   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Yes! They have signed the contract for 1L MJD engines a year!

The question was NOT whether Fiat engine is used in Swift; rather does Fiat make engines for Swift! And at the cost of sounding stupid, there is a difference.

Till now Maruti was manufacturing the engines under the license of Fiat. Now, Fiat will manufacture and supply 1L engines to be used in Swift / Ritz etc!.
Now that makes me stupid. I totally misunderstood the query. Sorry for that.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 1st February 2012 at 14:14.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:35   #824
BHPian

If the 1000cc Fiat diesel engine does come through, very surely Maruti would try to plonk that in Estilo and Alto in addition to the Wagon R. Would be a great ploy especially in the Alto which is clearly more fun to drive than the Estilo/Wagon R.

I hope Maruti does a good job tuning the Fiat engines it will buy from them. Fiat has not quite got it right when it comes to tuning their engines in their own cars.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:59   #825
Senior - BHPian

A bit of advice needed.

My new Swift petrol is due for its first service this weekend. Now, the manual states that changing of oil and oil filter for the petrol (as opposed to the Diesel) is not required til 10,000 kms!

The prevailing opinion on the forum appears to be that since there are metal deposits in the engine oil during the first 1000 kms, it is better to insist on an oil+filter change at the first service. I remember that for my M800, the change was done at first service itself.

In light of the above, should I insist on change of oil/oil filter during the first service? Or should I stick to what the manual says (i.e. change at 10,000 kms). My driving pattern will bring up the 10,000 kms figure only after a year or so- to me that seems like an inordinately long time for the first oil change.

Please let me have your suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks