Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 18:56   #751

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Can someone tell me more about his bluetooth thingy? i asked the dealer and he said such option is not available in MGA. Where did you guys get them? can someone post a pic ot two?
I got mine from the dealer himself. Ask for the Scosche Bluetooth handsfree and Streaming audio car kit. You should be able to get it at any accessory shop. One end of the kit is a USB charger and fits in into the charger in the Swift. The other end , which holds the unit, fits into the AUX input of the Music system. You pair your phone to the kit once. Thereafter, when you switch on the engine, one touch of the button on the kit connects your phone to the music system audio. When the phone rings, you receive calls by changing the mode on your music system to AUX( easy now since that is on the steering wheel) and a touch of the button of the kit. Hope that helps. Its not as complex or long winded as it sounds, it's super easy. This is a mess free solution as it does not in any way tamper with the wiring.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:59   #752
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer. My black ZDi booked towards the end of Oct has been dispatched. I just hope that the 27k increase has not come into effect yet. Hopefully will get the delivery by the 21st. 3 months waiting is quite acceptable but I guess the colour mattered.
Old 17th January 2012, 21:25   #753
BHPian

FYI&A.All Bhpians who booked Swift, Keep track of your position in the queue. My dealer who offered to give me in Feb is now telling it will take 3 more months. They may want to keep it on hold till budget for the green tax. My position was 22 when booked in Sep now it is 18
Old 17th January 2012, 22:04   #754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Just got a call from my dealer. My black ZDi booked towards the end of Oct has been dispatched. I just hope that the 27k increase has not come into effect yet. Hopefully will get the delivery by the 21st. 3 months waiting is quite acceptable but I guess the colour mattered.
Isn't it 17k? And its effective from Jan 16th. (yesterday).

But if the car is already invoiced, you should be protected from the hike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
They may want to keep it on hold till budget for the green tax.
They wouldn't benefit from the tax, would they? The increase will not be in the ex-showroom price, and hence dealers wont be able to make money out of it.
Old 17th January 2012, 22:11   #755
BHPian

^^ not sure but still i think so. They offered one in Dec. I refused it saying i need a 2012 make and told i don't want insurance from them. can be one reason. Could have tale the one they offered then
Old 17th January 2012, 22:25   #756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I had booked a white ZDi last October at Kerala and was informally informed that I can expect the delivery this Feb.
Buddy, my ZDi was booked by September 2nd week itself (Trivandrum), and they say they can try for March delivery.

My friend who booked by July-end did not get delivery yet. Hopefully - the car will reach next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Hell with A.S.S, I'd have even considered Punto if they offered the 90hp one with all the safety features in this price.
What do you mean - 'if they offered'? There is a 90HP already, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
The ZDI will cost near about 7.60L OTR Delhi after the price increase. At the time of launch in August, the OTR price was 7.14L. A difference of 46k's is Quite Huge IMO. Will be getting delivery of my white ZDI tomorrow, hopefully.
Is this OTR price confirmed?

Congrats in advance. Please post pictures once you take delivery of the car.
Old 17th January 2012, 22:53   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Congrats on the ZDI in advance ! Wish you many happy kms in your car! I think your the only one to get the car in a short period of 3 months. I also booked in the last week of October, but my expected delivery date is april-end or May 1st week.

I'd booked a white, but getting impatient with the wait and told the dealer to inform me if any other colour is available for immediate delivery.

Do let us know if the recent hike was applicable to you or not.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 23:35   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is this OTR price confirmed?
Congrats in advance. Please post pictures once you take delivery of the car.
Thanks mate.
The price is almost confirmed, +- 4k's at the max. Before this hike, it was 7.38 OTR. Spoke to the SE today, according to him the ZDI's price is increased by 20k's including taxes.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:51   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Congrats on the ZDI in advance ! Wish you many happy kms in your car! I think your the only one to get the car in a short period of 3 months. I also booked in the last week of October, but my expected delivery date is april-end or May 1st week.

I'd booked a white, but getting impatient with the wait and told the dealer to inform me if any other colour is available for immediate delivery.

Do let us know if the recent hike was applicable to you or not.
Thanks Shashank. I remember till Dec end I was 58 in the queue for all ZDIs and 2nd for the black. Luckily, 2 blacks were allocated to my dealership this time, hence the quicker delivery.

He also mentioned that all the buyers are now requesting for any colour as long as the delivery is immediate and if the preferred one takes time. It's a tricky situation, hence the deliveries are being made as per the allocation only. Good to see that that there is no preferential treatment atleast in this dealership (Automotive, Navi Mumbai)
Old 18th January 2012, 00:16   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome

He also mentioned that all the buyers are now requesting for any colour as long as the delivery is immediate
Looks like the long wait and price hikes is the culprit here. My dealer told me I'm currently 80th in the zdi waiting list at my dealer, and he told me they get only 5 to 6 zdi s in a month. So.my car should be delivered by April end with hopefully no further price hikes.
Old 18th January 2012, 08:49   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Buddy, my ZDi was booked by September 2nd week itself (Trivandrum), and they say they can try for March delivery.

My friend who booked by July-end did not get delivery yet. Hopefully - the car will reach next week.
Oh man, that is 8 months and waiting for your friend.

Quote:
What do you mean - 'if they offered'? There is a 90HP already, right?
I meant, if they offered at the price of swift. But I think now it will be almost the same price, after the price hikes.
Old 18th January 2012, 08:54   #762
Senior - BHPian

With the price hike if 17k, the price of the VDI would now cross 7 lakhs, and the ZDI close to 8 lakhs (or more) in Bangalore OTR. I am now glad that I worked out my usage patterns and went for the VXI. Not only did I save a good amount, but I also get that free revving K12 jewel of an engine too

These price hikes are insane. I think since its launch on Aug 17, the price of the Swift diesel has already been hiked some 30k, and this is even before the expected price rise in the upcoming budget!!
Old 18th January 2012, 11:18   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199 View Post
I got mine from the dealer himself. Ask for the Scosche Bluetooth handsfree and Streaming audio car kit. You should be able to get it at any accessory shop. One end of the kit is a USB charger and fits in into the charger in the Swift. The other end , which holds the unit, fits into the AUX input of the Music system.
Is it really worth the hassle and money? I mean the AUX port will always be occupied by this device, won't it? Plus, everytime you receive a call, the caller's voice will be audible to everyone in the car assuming output is through the car speakers. I pair my phone with a handsfree bluetooth device and it works quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
The ZDI will cost near about 7.60L OTR Delhi after the price increase. At the time of launch in August, the OTR price was 7.14L. A difference of 46k's is Quite Huge IMO. Will be getting delivery of my white ZDI tomorrow, hopefully.
Are you sure it will be 7.6 OTR? Sounds too high to me. The OTR price in Mumbai was 7.46L including insurance before the price hike. 7.6 OTR Delhi means almost 8L OTR in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
The Swift was 8 lakh on-road bangalore, after the hike in Nov 2011, now if there is a 17k hike in the ex-showroom price it would be 8.2 or 8.25 on-road bangalore ?

The Z variants are now more than just overpriced.
Can't understand why cars in Bangalore are so overpriced. 8.25L OTR is a shocker of a price! Even 7L+ for a VDi is a rip-off considering the fact that most of the features have been left out.
Old 18th January 2012, 12:43   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I had the same confusion but then heard that it isn't the registration date that matters in most cases but the month of manufacture & to get a 2012 manufactured car, you would at least have to wait another 3 months from now i guess, which is why i went ahead.
Plus don't want anymore price rises which would negate the point of having waited even longer for the car.
Quote:
Same happened with me. My dealer was pushing me to get the car now. He was also telling there will be price hike in Jan. I insist on a 2012 make. So it will take another 2 months. I waned the car before the next budget where there may be some additional tax for diesel cars.
Quote:
^^ not sure but still i think so. They offered one in Dec. I refused it saying i need a 2012 make and told i don't want insurance from them. can be one reason. Could have tale the one they offered then
Yeah i remember your confusion & trying to help you out to clear the same. Was looking for what i had exactly posted at that time (pasted above).
Looks like a prophecy now
Old 18th January 2012, 15:46   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Are you sure it will be 7.6 OTR? Sounds too high to me. The OTR price in Mumbai was 7.46L including insurance before the price hike. 7.6 OTR Delhi means almost 8L OTR in Mumbai.
I got the price list from the dealer today.

OTR Price Including 3rd Yr Extended Warranty:

ZDI: 7.57 L ( Ex-Showroom: 6.65 + Regn & Road Tax: 0.63 + Handling: 0.045 + Insurance: 0.19)
VDI: 6.49 L

So including taxes, the price for ZDI has increased by 19k.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 18th January 2012 at 15:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks