Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 11:00   #1501
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Took the Diesel Swift for a test drive yesterday. Very nimble, and very comfortable to drive. But the turbo kicks in only at 2000 rpm. The interiors are top notch. I am a sucker for black interiors. Same goes for the Honda City Corp Edition too.

suspension is well done, and gear shift is a breeze. Can't find anything wrong with the car, given my test drive only lasted 10 min, because they didnt have enough diesel in the car :P

But the waiting period, oh the waiting period. How do people manage to wait that long for a car? :(
Old 31st August 2012, 13:56   #1502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

But the waiting period, oh the waiting period. How do people manage to wait that long for a car? :(
Good question. I booked the car in March, and due to this Manesar confusion, my delivery date as on today is around Feb-March 2013!

The backlog as of now for built-up Swift bookings is a staggering figure of around 1.2 lac Swifts and 70k DZires! And post-reopening the factory, they are manufacturing Swifts at a paltry rate of 400 cars per day. God knows when they will complete the backlog.

If you are booking the Swift now, be warned of an extremely long wait. So long, that they will have launched Swift next generation upgraded version by the time you get yours.

Last edited by KarthikK : 31st August 2012 at 13:59.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:10   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Good question. I booked the car in March, and due to this Manesar confusion, my delivery date as on today is around Feb-March 2013!

The backlog as of now for built-up Swift bookings is a staggering figure of around 1.2 lac Swifts and 70k DZires! And post-reopening the factory, they are manufacturing Swifts at a paltry rate of 400 cars per day. God knows when they will complete the backlog.

If you are booking the Swift now, be warned of an extremely long wait. So long, that they will have launched Swift next generation upgraded version by the time you get yours.
This is one of the reasons that I am avoiding Swift like the plague. I think I'll stick to my i20 booking. Two weeks vs 8-9 months is a no brainer.
And the bigger problem is that by the time my booked car arrives, Hyundai wouldv'e released their next version of the i20 with more jacked up features.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 31st August 2012 at 14:11.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:12   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Hmm, interesting! I want at least 16" (17" would be fun ) alloys though. Considering shipping over the OE Swift Sport ones from Sweden, when I get my Swift!

The VVT K Series in indeed an absolute hoot to drive. The only fly in the ointment is the relatively weak low end torque, however, if you can factor that in (takes a few days of driving to get used to it), it pulls clean and strong all the way from 1500 t 6.2 K RPM.

The combination of the chassis, sweet gearbox and talkative steering is just too awesome, and combined with the superb front seat ergonomics, is one heck of a car. Its just pure, unadulterated fun giving her the beans, and you are right, she literally flies once north of 2000 RPM. Refinement is top notch at all RPMs, and the growling soundtrack, muted but sporty, is just right for providing auditory nirvana!!

And for sure- Lensos give the Swift a cracker of a look. Here is mine in Torque Blue- with Lenso Samurai 15 inchers running 195/60 Yokohamas (I call her Suzie )
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-pic-5.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 31st August 2012 at 14:16.
Old 31st August 2012, 23:38   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The VVT K Series in indeed an absolute hoot to drive. The only fly in the ointment is the relatively weak low end torque, however, if you can factor that in (takes a few days of driving to get used to it), it pulls clean and strong all the way from 1500 t 6.2 K RPM.

The combination of the chassis, sweet gearbox and talkative steering is just too awesome, and combined with the superb front seat ergonomics, is one heck of a car. Its just pure, unadulterated fun giving her the beans, and you are right, she literally flies once north of 2000 RPM. Refinement is top notch at all RPMs, and the growling soundtrack, muted but sporty, is just right for providing auditory nirvana!!

And for sure- Lensos give the Swift a cracker of a look. Here is mine in Torque Blue- with Lenso Samurai 15 inchers running 195/60 Yokohamas (I call her Suzie )
She looks gorgeous man! Really hope Maruti launch that copper orange shade again but if not black or torque blue would be my colour of choice.

If you don't mind sharing, what did your tire+alloy setup cost you?
Old 1st September 2012, 11:25   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
She looks gorgeous man!
If you don't mind sharing, what did your tire+alloy setup cost you?
Thanks a lot. Yes that copper colour looks amazing too. In face my Dad has the G13B Swift in the Sunlight Copper back home, while I drive this blue beauty.

I have a huge thing for clean 10 spoke designs, and none better than Lenso with such amazing ones. Planned on the rims and tires well before the car was delivered. The tyre plus alloy combo, after buy back of the old tires, was around 40K for a set of 5 tires+alloys.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 12:13   #1507
BHPian

One thing I am noticing on my new Swift ZDI is that the acc works fabulously even in high temperatures but on days where the temperatures are a bit moderate with high humidity, the acc mode does not keep the cabin cool enough. I switch to manual mode and the cabin gets cooler. Perhaps the temperature sensor for the acc works well when it is not humid.

My friends ZDI had done 19k in 6 months and his AMC with MSM Chennai got over. For the next AMC, he was quoted Rs 27k which will cover 3 services or 1 year whichever is earlier. MSM mentioned that service cost for every next 10k kms would be around Rs 10,000 and hence AMC would be better. Rs 10,000 for every 10k service seems uber expensive unless it is due to the cost of synthetic oil that Maruti has mandated on the newer Swift?
Old 1st September 2012, 13:12   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
...MSM mentioned that service cost for every next 10k kms would be around Rs 10,000 and hence AMC would be better. Rs 10,000 for every 10k service seems uber expensive unless it is due to the cost of synthetic oil that Maruti has mandated on the newer Swift?
I would not buy that! Every 10K [30, 50, 70 etc] should not be more than 5K even with synthetic oil is what I feel. 40,60,80K will cost another 2000/- since all fluids are changed!

Anybody with real time costs / figures?
Old 1st September 2012, 16:33   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
One thing I am noticing on my new Swift ZDI is that the acc works fabulously even in high temperatures but on days where the temperatures are a bit moderate with high humidity, the acc mode does not keep the cabin cool enough. I switch to manual mode and the cabin gets cooler. Perhaps the temperature sensor for the acc works well when it is not humid.
I have noticed the variation as well.

I always set the temperature at 24C in auto mode. And when the outside temperature is high say Salem highway in the afternoon at 37C, the AC is very powerful. I feel cold inside the car.

But when the outside temperature is lower say 27C, I have felt the AC is just about adequate.

I have filled in only mineral oil till now at every 5K service. It costs around 1200 along with a new oil filter.

Last edited by deetjohn : 1st September 2012 at 16:38. Reason: Adding text.
Old 1st September 2012, 18:18   #1510
Distinguished - BHPian

A close friend of mine is looking to buy the Swift Diesel, had been helping him do the rounds & TDs. Weird experience out here, almost all the dealers are not ready to budge on the fact that insurance has to be done via the dealer for the first year. This is even after we walked out of two dealers, they were not ready to budge even when we threatened to complain to Maruti!

In case anyone requires the names of the dealers, it was Wonder Cars (Chinchwad), Chowgule (Katraj), Kothari (Viman Nagar) and Saigal (SB Road). He finally decided to book the car at SB Road since they agreed to allow us to get our own insurance.

Funny point, they have included an additional amount in the on-road price for 4000Rs stating transportation and admin charges. Against my suggestion, my friend has decided to go ahead as of now, however I would prefer if any of you guys have faced this issue (and resolved).

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st September 2012 at 18:23.
Old 4th September 2012, 10:19   #1511
BHPian

Have just given my Swift ZDI for the Second Free Servicing today, the service advisor said that they just carry out top-ups of oils and rotate the wheels alongwith alignment.

Would it be advisable to change the engine oil and the oil filter from a local garage now or should i get it done at the 3rd service i.e., at 10K km?
Old 4th September 2012, 12:09   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
Have just given my Swift ZDI for the Second Free Servicing today, the service advisor said that they just carry out top-ups of oils and rotate the wheels alongwith alignment.

Would it be advisable to change the engine oil and the oil filter from a local garage now or should i get it done at the 3rd service i.e., at 10K km?
They will top up if required. I had a half litre engine oil top up during the second service. No need to change the oil and filter. I live in Mumbai where it is very dusty but the car performs just fine.

Change during the 3rd free service and insist that you want to be physically present when they change the oil and filter
Old 4th September 2012, 12:50   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
They will top up if required. I had a half litre engine oil top up during the second service. No need to change the oil and filter. I live in Mumbai where it is very dusty but the car performs just fine.

Change during the 3rd free service and insist that you want to be physically present when they change the oil and filter
I also would like to add that i had driven the Car from the showroom in Pune (I booked the Car in Pune and later shifted to Bangalore, but took the delivery of the same in Pune) to Bangalore non stop, Completed the 1st service in Pratham Motors, Bangalore. Subsequently, completed multiple highway trips from Bangalore to Mysore, Kodaikanal and other surrounding places.

The Car has 90% of times run on highways and run less on City Roads. Should'nt the same be taken into account for the oil change?
Old 4th September 2012, 13:23   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
I also would like to add that i had driven the Car from the showroom in Pune (I booked the Car in Pune and later shifted to Bangalore, but took the delivery of the same in Pune) to Bangalore non stop, Completed the 1st service in Pratham Motors, Bangalore. Subsequently, completed multiple highway trips from Bangalore to Mysore, Kodaikanal and other surrounding places.

The Car has 90% of times run on highways and run less on City Roads. Should'nt the same be taken into account for the oil change?
That shouldn't be an issue. More highway drive should be better for the engine as it didnt have to go through as many accelerations and decelerations. I really dont think there is any need to change at 5K but if you really want to, you definitely can.
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 20:06   #1515
BHPian

Quote:

Gomzy, My car also ran similar to yours. Booked in kerala and driven to Bangalore. My major running till now was in highways. Completed 6900Kms and given for servicing today. I had checked the engine oil color before. It was not so dark and maruti recommends oil change at 10K. Since all the new turbo engines are coming after a run in from company it is not required to change oil at 2nd service.I got the wheel rotation and minor complaints rectified. Cost was a big 0. Next service will cost around 4.5K as per SE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks