Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 11:35   #1486
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
This price was quoted by a shop in Milan subway at Santacruz West. Why would water get into the system? I haven't heard of this before. A blown fuse is more of a concern which is why a relay is a must.

My dealer (Sai Service) did not have the resources to do the headlamp upgrade. Asked me to get it down from outside. Assured me that warranty won't be void as long as a relay in installed and no wires are cut.
1.2k is as per the current rate. I upgraded it about a couple of weeks back to essential visioin and have been under torrential rains, no issues of water getting in. I am frankly surprized as to what MASS said to Funky_P about water geting in.

Though slightly more expensive, why dont you try the essential vision? I have the rally in my verna and I feel the essential visions are much much superior. Visibility is also not an issue as it has an yellow tinge to it.
Old 25th July 2012, 11:43   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome

1.2k is as per the current rate. I upgraded it about a couple of weeks back to essential visioin and have been under torrential rains, no issues of water getting in. I am frankly surprized as to what MASS said to Funky_P about water geting in.

Though slightly more expensive, why dont you try the essential vision? I have the rally in my verna and I feel the essential visions are much much superior. Visibility is also not an issue as it has an yellow tinge to it.
Thanks. Will check on that. Is essential vision a Philips brand? What is the bulb rating? How much did you pay for the upgrade?
Old 25th July 2012, 11:44   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict

This price was quoted by a shop in Milan subway at Santacruz West. Why would water get into the system? I haven't heard of this before. A blown fuse is more of a concern which is why a relay is a must.

My dealer (Sai Service) did not have the resources to do the headlamp upgrade. Asked me to get it down from outside. Assured me that warranty won't be void as long as a relay in installed and no wires are cut.
Shivam auto, my dealer was willing to do it, but was not confirming about warranty. Said it 'should' not be void.

The water seeping in was more to do with fitting not done properly and water getting into the relay/wiring/head light assembly and causing the lights to fuse.
Old 1st August 2012, 11:58   #1489
BHPian

Maruti's explanation of Swift's braking problems on the official swift facebook page

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki Swift's braking technology is latest and the best being offered by any car manufacturer in India. The Swift also provides driver a fatigue free driving in stop go condition by proper launch assist. Plus to assist the car in braking, the Swift is equipped with brake boosters. If you have experienced hardness in the brake at very low speed of 5km/hr or less, that may be on account of driving in half clutch and pressing the brake to control speed, which results in engine RPM falling below ‘Idle RPM’ with brakes dragging the engine causing loss of vacuum to the brake. However the brake is fully functional during such time as well, irrespective of hardness of pedal. For optimum braking results we advise you to apply the brakes first followed by pressing the clutch fully. We are confident this would help resolve your issue. We urge you to try this method and share your most valuable feedback with us.

We are sure that you would appreciate that the NVH refinement level of new Swift is so good that the engine does not judder even under such abnormally low RPM condition. Also in such conditions the engine does not stall in order to prevent driver fatigue. Worse case if you have habit of pressing the clutch half way and and your brakes harden, then press the clutch fully once and release it slowly, the brake will again be effective. However it is recommended not to drive car with half cltch pressed for better performance of the vehicle.

https://www.facebook.com/marutisuzukiswift?ref=stream
quadbike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:46   #1490
BHPian

Mechanically speaking as well it is a good idea to either disengage the gears completely by pressing clutch completely, hence giving the ability to break and reduce speed as much as you like w/o worrying about the gear you are in, avoiding judders and stalling.
Or simply brake down to appropriate level in a given gear w/o pressing clutch at all. Nowadays the cars have such large speed ranges for gear that you can can easily brake to a very low speed and still continue accelerating in the gear after that.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:44   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Swift Attitude | Auto Express

Please refer above link for suggestions regarding simpler mods to a Swift (Attitude) variant that's on sale in UK. There are 16 inch black alloys & carbon fiber detailing on the roof & OVRMs.

IMO these certainly make the car stand out. Food for thought for Swift buyers who want their car to look somewhat special.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 12:51   #1492
BHPian

Hi all,
Anyone has seen a spoiler for swift other than the below one. This gives a cute look to the car not a sporty one according to my taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-spoiler.jpg  

Old 20th August 2012, 15:01   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Petrol Swift - a small test drive!

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift1_small.jpg

We’ve been toying with the idea of buying a car in India for quite a while now. We need a ride for about 2 months every summer. Borrowing other people’s cars doesn’t really work and renting a taxi with a driver means losing the freedom to go where you want, when you want.

Since I’ll be doing a major part of the driving, I’ve been wanting something fun. And that’s where the Swift slots in.

While we test drove one this July on the bylanes of Besant Nagar, Chennai - I wasn’t really satisfied... with my drive. Peak hour traffic and mostly narrow roads meant most of my attention was spent on returning the car safely - not assessing it! Also I really wanted to give the Swift a go on the highway and there aren’t really any highways near Besant Nagar.

Yesterday I test-drove the 1.2L Petrol Swift here in Sweden and to be honest, I’m sold.

I wasn’t expecting much from the 1.2L mill - but man, the Swift flies (relatively speaking of course )! Revving that engine, right up to the redline is very satisfying. And rewarding. 2nd gear bursts of 20 to 90 km/h are fun, loud (in a good way) and fairly quick! Somehow the car feels a whole lot quicker than the numbers on its specification sheet suggest - and that’s something I like a lot.

The Swift’s nimbleness, is another nicety. It changes direction with ease, always eager for more. Steering the Swift is effortless in the city. Hit the highway and it weights up nicely. The Swift felt incredibly sturdy on the highway - and this was something that really caught me by surprise. The car felt planted, unfazed by the fairly strong crosswinds we were experiencing while driving along at a brisk 120 km/h. Impressive.

A short-shifting ‘box and a buttery smooth clutch make gear-shifts are quick. Ergonomically, the Swift favours the driver. The front seats are good, the back seats are decent. The boot? It’ll do. Just. But all that doesn’t matter.

Throughout the drive I was smiling - everything felt right. Somehow the Swift felt like an old-school hot hatch (minus some of the power, of course), or a go-kart. Simple. Fun. Nimble.

As the old adage goes - it’s more fun to drive a slow car fast...

I guess we’ll purchase our Swift next summer. Hopefully they relaunch that copper orange colour (that they used to sell with the old Swift) by then!

Photos

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift2_small.jpg
Looking good.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift3_small.jpg
Cheerful as always.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift5_small.jpg
Many people have mixed opinions on the new rear. I think it works well.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift4_small.jpg
Wish Maruti offered other kinds of OE alloys in India.

Last edited by anekho : 20th August 2012 at 15:04.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 15:06   #1494
BHPian

@anekho - these alloys are a part of ertiga - you an always buy them from MGA and get them fitted with the SWIFT.

Ertiga's is alloys have 5 holes when compared to 4 on the SWIFT's - but i think ertiga's alloys can be fitted on the SWIFT. Better still will be to get the Lenso's alloys which look way too awesome.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 19:15   #1495
BHPian

Disc brakes for the rear. I wonder what stops Maruti to do the same here in India. I guess to keep the costs low Or does it have something to do with the law i.e. disc brakes are mandatory.
Old 20th August 2012, 21:51   #1496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
@anekho - these alloys are a part of ertiga - you an always buy them from MGA and get them fitted with the SWIFT.

Ertiga's is alloys have 5 holes when compared to 4 on the SWIFT's - but i think ertiga's alloys can be fitted on the SWIFT. Better still will be to get the Lenso's alloys which look way too awesome.
I am pretty sure that fitting a 5-bolt alloy wheel on a 4-bolt hub is impossible unless major modifications are carried out. The Ertiga alloys are 15" whereas the ones in the Swift pictured above are 16" wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Disc brakes for the rear. I wonder what stops Maruti to do the same here in India. I guess to keep the costs low Or does it have something to do with the law i.e. disc brakes are mandatory.
That's what caught my eye as well. It would indeed be to keep the costs low.

What's the cost of the Swift on road in Sweden Anekho? From what I see, they offer a premium tyre from the factory!
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 22:02   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

Hmm, interesting! I want at least 16" (17" would be fun ) alloys though. Considering shipping over the OE Swift Sport ones from Sweden, when I get my Swift!

Quote:
Yep, discs all around. This Swift had excellent stopping power. Wish the Indian Swift also had them! Like moralfibre says, a case of cost cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
What's the cost of the Swift on road in Sweden Anekho? From what I see, they offer a premium tyre from the factory!
The 1.2 Swift with a good amount of kit would set you back by ~ 130,000 SEK (~ 11L). The diesel swift: ~ 150,000 SEK (~ 12.5L). The super awesome 1.6 Swift Sport is at ~ 175,000 SEK (~ 14L ). They even sell a 4x4 Petrol Swift () which was priced somewhat above the diesel one.
anekho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:30   #1498
BHPian

Hi Guys, a stupid question.

Does the ACC in the ZDi/ZXI have an auto cut off for the compressor?

What I have noticed is that the compressor does not cut off even after cooling down. The only thing that the ACC does is regulate the fan/blower speed and change the circulation mode.

Do other vehicles have a cut off feature like those in our home ACs?
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:12   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, a stupid question.

Does the ACC in the ZDi/ZXI have an auto cut off for the compressor?

What I have noticed is that the compressor does not cut off even after cooling down. The only thing that the ACC does is regulate the fan/blower speed and change the circulation mode.

Do other vehicles have a cut off feature like those in our home ACs?
Yes, it does have an auto cut off feature. I always set it to 24 degrees, and when the outside temperature is around 20-22, then there is no cold air coming from the blower, so that means the compressor is OFF.

btw, does your ACC change the circulation mode? I have never seen that happening in my car, even though I use the full auto mode.
jingaboysr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:32   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Yes, it does have an auto cut off feature. I always set it to 24 degrees, and when the outside temperature is around 20-22, then there is no cold air coming from the blower, so that means the compressor is OFF.

btw, does your ACC change the circulation mode? I have never seen that happening in my car, even though I use the full auto mode.
Well, I think I need to get mine checked.

For changing the circulation mode, press the circ button to go to the fresh air mode. The click on Auto and set the desired temperature. You will notice the modes changes. If the temperature is high, it switches to Re-circulation automatically and once the desired temperature is reached or if you increase the temp in the ACC, then the fresh air mode comes on. It only happens if you have the fresh air mode enabled before you press the Auto button.

But the compressor still remains on even if the fresh air mode is on and the temperature is high.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks