Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 19:14   #1606
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
GTO told that in a different sense. What he meant was "for the that we pay for the lower end variants, the build quality is good, but for the price we pay for top end, the build quality is not up to the mark". It is not like Maruti makes lower end variants with low quality and top end with high quality. The build quality is same throughout the variants.
Thanks Midhun. I mean the same but the when i write it became the other way.
Yes the price we pay for higher variant is more as per this build quality. I was thinking it is due to the weight of the car. Swift is a light wait car which is intended for a petrol engine as per Suzuki. But due to the demand for diesel they fitted fiat engine. My point is are these cars able to withstand the vibrations from diesel mills.
Old 26th October 2012, 23:53   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm
…. But due to the demand for diesel they fitted fiat engine. My point is are these cars able to withstand the vibrations from diesel mills.
It is. None of the manufacturers 'just' plonk a diesel mill instead of a petrol & sell it. The diesel variants will be re-engineered with a stiffened front suspension to accommodate the extra weight & harder / stronger engine mounts to take care of the vibrations (In case of Beat D, GM uses hydraulic mounts to contain vibrations from the 3 pot mill). If you read the reviews carefully, most of the reviewers specifically mention it. This stiffened suspension many a times give the diesel versions a better handling attribute too. Not sure there are any more factors done separately for diesel variants, experts could chip in.

If the car wasn't designed to handle all these, none of the Swift Ds would have clocked those 1L+ kms I believe. :-)

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th October 2012 at 23:54.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 09:54   #1608
BHPian

This morning, I noticed water accumulation underneath the spare tyre in my ZDi. The water was about a foot deep collected in the wheel well. The wheel jack was completely submerged in the water. The spare tyre was bone dry. I remember someone mentioning a similar case on this forum. I could not locate that post.

Any clue how water could have settled in there? My suspicions lie with the service guys. My car was serviced last in July. I used to hear a whoosh kind of sound from the rear often during low speed braking. Never paid attention to it until today.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 29th October 2012 at 09:57.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:15   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
This morning, I noticed water accumulation underneath the spare tyre in my ZDi. The water was about a foot deep collected in the wheel well. The wheel jack was completely submerged in the water. The spare tyre was bone dry. I remember someone mentioning a similar case on this forum. I could not locate that post.

Any clue how water could have settled in there? My suspicions lie with the service guys. My car was serviced last in July. I used to hear a whoosh kind of sound from the rear often during low speed braking. Never paid attention to it until today.
I faced same situation last year in my 2008 Swift vxi. Could not locate the root cause as there was no visible sign of water entering form anywhere. However it spoiled the hard board cover with carpet like thing stuck to it.

Got that cleaned by the person who comes daily to clean my car and it never happened again even during this monsoon.
Old 29th October 2012, 21:44   #1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Abhi, from the list you can avoid insurance from showroom. This price includes commission to the SE. You can get Zero depreciation or bumper to bumper insurance from outside which will cos u almost same( may be even less). Check what is included in basic car kit. Go for only mudflap(Maruti has the matching ones for swift) and floor mat(Only if you like that).
Go thorough the below post to get further details about handling charges in Delhi.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...es-scam-8.html
What is that MCD parking and auto card?
Thank you for your response devil_klm.

Autocard I think is some loyalty program card from Maruti. I have no idea but most probably will chuck it. MCD Parking is 4000 and it is for all the cars so I think this is a mandate by the civic authorities.

I sent an email to Maruti regarding the handling charges. Check out the response I got from them:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

We have received your communication regarding the handling charges.

These charges are pertaining to fuel expenses, driver expenses & other related expenses .The dealers have been charging the same under an agreement for sale of vehicle with its customers including you, hence the said charges are in line of our company’s policy. If you wish to have more clarity on this, you may contact our dealer as they have an official communication document pertaining to this matter.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/contact-us.aspx
Please feel free to revert in case of any other query or clarification required.

Regards,

ANY TIME MARUTI

(Call Us- Toll Free: 1800 102 1800 and 1800 1800 180)
24*7 live chat support on SX4 & A-Star web sites (http://www.marutisx4.com , http://www.marutisuzukiastar.com )
Please visit us at http://www.marutisuzuki.com

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2012 at 11:39. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares.
abhi7887 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:32   #1611
BHPian

Just completed my 20k paid service from MASS. Total bill was 7k,even though I did alignment and balancing from outside. Is this the norm or Maruti service has become expensive. The major component was engine oil costing 555/ltr. which costed me 1722/-
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:08   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder
Just completed my 20k paid service from MASS. Total bill was 7k,even though I did alignment and balancing from outside. Is this the norm or Maruti service has become expensive. The major component was engine oil costing 555/ltr. which costed me 1722/-
Could you post the complete break up? My service costs for the 20K intervals have been 6.5K & heard the labor rates have gone higher recently.
Old 9th November 2012, 08:52   #1613
BHPian

Got my Swift ZDI delivered yesterday. I found rusting near the turbocharger and near the area marked in below Pic(pic taken from the first page of this thread) is it common? Its my bad that i have missed the same in PDI.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-untitled_new.jpg

Last edited by ashok_lat : 9th November 2012 at 08:58.
Old 9th November 2012, 09:39   #1614
BHPian

Congrats Ashok on your new car. I think it is a common issue. I didnt noticed it during PDI. I saw this recently on my car during cleaning.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:05   #1615
BHPian

^^ Thanks.. and any remedy for the rusting?. I may go for 3m under-body anti rust coating.
Old 9th November 2012, 20:06   #1616
BHPian

There is something called Engine Lacquer coating from 3M. Inquire about it when you go there. I am not sure if it work over the rusty area.
Old 10th November 2012, 01:51   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
7,000 is costly.
My Etios Diesel's service at 20k costed me just 4,300 including balancing, alignment and fully synthetic oil. Had I opted for the normal oil, it would have costed just 1800 odd.
PS: I opted for the SMILES pack from Toyota where I pre-pay for the next service as well

A bill split-up would be handy. Maybe, you can upload a scanned copy of the bill here.
Also, please post information about the grade and brand of oil used.
Old 10th November 2012, 08:30   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji

7,000 is costly.
My Etios Diesel's service at 20k costed me just 4,300 including balancing, alignment and fully synthetic oil. Had I opted for the normal oil, it would have costed just 1800 odd.
I doubt that is fully synthetic oil. Toyota uses semi-synthetic grade of oil which it sells under their own brand name. I use that in my petrol Altis and believe the same logic is used by Toyota for diesel vehicles. To provide fully synthetic oil, balancing and alignment for 4.3K sounds quite unbelievable. Maruti uses fully synthetic oil in the new Swifts IMO, hence higher costs.
Old 10th November 2012, 09:57   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I doubt that is fully synthetic oil. Toyota uses semi-synthetic grade of oil which it sells under their own brand name. I use that in my petrol Altis and believe the same logic is used by Toyota for diesel vehicles. To provide fully synthetic oil, balancing and alignment for 4.3K sounds quite unbelievable. Maruti uses fully synthetic oil in the new Swifts IMO, hence higher costs.
1) The engine oil cost comes to around 2200 odd ( I do not remember exactly ) which is almost the same rate quoted by @inder
2) I specifically asked for synthetic oil and they wrote in the bill that it is synthetic oil.

Free alignment comes under the SMILES pack.
Free balancing was given as an offer.

I also got alignment and balancing, synthetic oil and ac filter replacement for 30,000 service ( prepay for next service ) as well at the same rate ( under SMILES pack )
Old 10th November 2012, 10:22   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji
7,000 is costly.
My Etios Diesel's service at 20k costed me just 4,300 including balancing, alignment and fully synthetic oil. Had I opted for the normal oil, it would have costed just 1800 odd....
NOT costly from a Swift's service point of view. Expensive from a Toyota point of view but. Now you know the reason why I frown when I go through the service details of even a Fortuner at times; or why I am seriously looking at a Toyota as my next ride! When you have a suspension & steering overhaul along with regular service for Swift D, you will be looking at a clean 10K bill!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th November 2012 at 10:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks