Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 00:07   #736
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
No, the prices are the same. The dealer said there is a chance of price hike anytime this month and green tax will be introduced in the budget. The dealer is of the opinion that the green tax will be around 3% of the ex-showroom price.

Disclaimer: All this is dealer speak with no evidences.
This time the budget will be in the first week of March. If i'm not wrong, this green tax hike if at all proposed in the budget will be effective from April 1 2012 right ? Also, excise duty will be levied only if the car in manufactured in March right ?

Most of us who've booked in September/October 2011 will escape this hike i hope.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 08:13   #737
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me more about his bluetooth thingy? i asked the dealer and he said such option is not available in MGA. Where did you guys get them? can someone post a pic ot two?
Old 16th January 2012, 19:44   #738
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone heard from dealers or other sources if the production of Swift has been increased ? Last i remember reading news about Maruti to open a second-line at Manesar only for the Swift, to clear the backlog. This was to happen in January 2012 as per the article.

Anyone with info on this ?
Old 16th January 2012, 20:21   #739
BHPian

Shashank,

One can surely hope of avoiding the green tax but there is no guarantee that you will get the vehicle delivery within the time-frame.

I had asked the same question about swift production on this thread but no one has commented on it.
Old 16th January 2012, 21:36   #740
Senior - BHPian

I think no one has any info if the production has been increased. I was being a little optimistic when calculating the expected delivery times, but there are members(fuel_addict) who got ZDI's delivered after 5.5 months when the factory was shutdown for about 30 odd days due to strike.

If there are no further strikes, i think we can expect a quicker delivery than what was told at the time of booking.
Old 17th January 2012, 00:10   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Has anyone heard from dealers or other sources if the production of Swift has been increased ? Last i remember reading news about Maruti to open a second-line at Manesar only for the Swift, to clear the backlog. This was to happen in January 2012 as per the article.
Quote:
I think no one has any info if the production has been increased.
From the sales figures for last 2 months, the production has been ramped up by around 50%. The car used to be shipped around 11K units before the strikes and for the past two months, the average is around 16.5K. And for the new customers, I guess waiting period should come down after 3-4 months assuming a clean backlog of around 1L units till now.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:22   #742
BHPian

Just came across this article

Maruti Suzuki raises vehicle prices - The Economic Times

This should affect Swift as well.
Old 17th January 2012, 14:14   #743
BHPian

This wait for the delivery after booking is getting into my nerves, literally!
I had booked a white ZDi last October at Kerala and was informally informed that I can expect the delivery this Feb. I just called the dealer now and he says I will have to wait till March

Meanwhile the prices already would have increased twice, if the above news is true(The green tax news is another shocker, if it is introduced). I'd love to consider other options, but sadly, there are none for my requirements.. My primary requirement is a Fun-to-drive vehicle which handles well and is powerful enough. Hell with A.S.S, I'd have even considered Punto if they offered the 90hp one with all the safety features in this price.
Old 17th January 2012, 14:52   #744
BHPian

The ZDI will cost near about 7.60L OTR Delhi after the price increase. At the time of launch in August, the OTR price was 7.14L. A difference of 46k's is Quite Huge IMO. Will be getting delivery of my white ZDI tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:44   #745
Senior - BHPian

A colleague who had booked a ZDi cancelled his booking last week. The delay was not the reason here though - some other commitments came in and he wanted to postpone his purchase to July. BTW, when he said that he is cancelling, the dealer said, "Sir, you car is ready for despatch and will arrive 'soon'. Why cancel now?" Not sure if he meant what he said or just wanted to avoid the cancellation.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:12   #746
Senior - BHPian

17K hike on the Swift Diesel. This is the second hike after the launch. I hope they offer some respite for the people with a booking like M&M did.

So, in effect the price of the Diesel variant has gone up by around 27K after launch. And this is just the ex. showroom cost.

Last edited by deetjohn : 17th January 2012 at 17:13. Reason: Adding text.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:51   #747
BHPian

That is not just the exshowroom cost. Add to that VAT and other taxes. when the Hike was 10k , in hyd the impact was close to 12k. And on this further Road tax implication. Maruti wants to Milk Swift dry. I really feel for the guys who waited for so long. and had to suffer because of Manufacturers mistake.

We need a law that keeps the booking prices constant across the industries.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:25   #748
BHPian

So the price hike after my booking in Oct will be (37k+VAT+Tax) and counting. This is plain looting! Adding all these, I don't see Swift as a VFM anymore.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:46   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
So the price hike after my booking in Oct will be (37k+VAT+Tax) and counting. This is plain looting! Adding all these, I don't see Swift as a VFM anymore.
+1 to that.
The Swift was 8 lakh on-road bangalore, after the hike in Nov 2011, now if there is a 17k hike in the ex-showroom price it would be 8.2 or 8.25 on-road bangalore ?

The Z variants are now more than just overpriced.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:53   #750
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that.
The Swift was 8 lakh on-road bangalore, after the hike in Nov 2011, now if there is a 17k hike in the ex-showroom price it would be 8.2 or 8.25 on-road bangalore ?

The Z variants are now more than just overpriced.

The earlier price itself was quite steep. This should be real tester of a price for those who would still see the value in this car and are waiting.

Ritz is a better car than many cars anyday for what it offers and at its price. Whats the change in price for Ritz by the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks