Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 10:54   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hi
I am happy to inform you all that i have booked All New Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDI on 4th January 2012. The Colour is Torque Blue. Delivery promised in 4 months time. The car is going to be on side with My Fiat Linea Petrol. I have booked the car at VishnuCars, Chrompet Chennai. the OTR price being 7,61,539.

I am all excited about it, since i had been scouting for a small car for almost a year time and Finally it had ended yesterday.

I will post my Choosing process/TD/ Decisions/ Dealership experience in my ownership thread which i am going to Prepare in assembly line and post it when the car gets delivered.

Just a few questions

1. Ok i have booked the car. what to do next? i have paid 10k for booking. How on the earth i can know if the have already placed a order for my car? Will i get any confirmation from them. when will they give my Chasis VIN engine number? is there any website like for XUV500 where i can track my booking?
2. Finance- What do you guys suggest? shall i go for the finance at Vishnucars itself or shall i try outside and negotiate too? what have you guys done?
3. Absolutely no/ nil offer from my dealer except the mats and mudflaps. Can i negotiate on that? the SA says there absolutely nothing he can give me on this? are there ways i can get more out of him?
Point 1. nothing to do but wait. I waited three months for my VXi which got delivered day before yesterday. And during the wait period there was nothing to do but drool at the other Swifts on the road, peek into interiors at parked cars and drool some more etc. I dont think there is any way to trac kyour booking save to rely on the dealership, who would give you a proper update once the car has been despatched from Manesar, after which it normally takes about a week or so to reach the dealership. That is the earliest when you can get your VIN number, or maybe slightly earlier. Definitely not now. The good part is that it is highly likely that it wil be a freshly produced vehicle. For instance, mine carries a December 2011 manufacture date.

Incidentally, mine is Torque Blue as well, and my oh my, is it a breathtaking colour or what. Everyone who has seen it til date loved it, and in sunlight, that metallic gleam just dazzles the eye.

Point 3. I did not get any offer either except for mud flaps, car perfume, mats . NO offer even on the Petrol version, and if it is the Diesel version, its futile to hope for any!

All the best.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 5th January 2012 at 10:58.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:04   #662
BHPian

Quote:
3. Absolutely no/ nil offer from my dealer except the mats and mudflaps. Can i negotiate on that? the SA says there absolutely nothing he can give me on this? are there ways i can get more out of him?
Hey Geeash, atleast you are getting the flaps and mats. When we got our swift, the dealer did not even give those. Just told "Come and take the car or else I am giving it to someone else".

On a different note guys, the New Swift has been crowned the 'Indian Car of The Year (IMOTY)'
Old 5th January 2012, 14:23   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

2. Finance- What do you guys suggest? shall i go for the finance at Vishnucars itself or shall i try outside and negotiate too? what have you guys done?

Can someone please help !!
Hey "geeash",

Congrats on booking your Swift ZDI. The waiting period quoted to you is certainly a lot less than it was some time back. IIRC, it was somewhere between 8-10 months, but anyways, good for all the prospective buyers. IMO, it should not be more than 2 months.

Regarding the finance, nothing beats SBI, and their festive scheme which was supposed to end on 31st Dec. , has been extended till 15th Jan. But, your Swift's delivery is still 4 months away, so you can relax and start this financing process atleast a month before delivery. If the dealership guys are giving you a deal from SBI and at same rates as bank itself, stick with them.
Old 5th January 2012, 21:02   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13

I also plan to upgrade to 195/60 15" Yoko A drives in the next 2-3 days once I take delivery of my Swift today.
How's the new car doing? Did you upgrade the tyres? I can barely wait till Saturday to take delivery of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast
fuel_addict: I have new swift Zdi and the best air pressure for 195 60 R15 profile tyres is 33 psi front , 31 psi rear . I use to maintain the same pressure in my old swift vdi which had same profile 195 60 R15 .
Thanks for that info. Does the steering feel harder with the 195/60/R15 tyres? My question is more related to the new Swift. This is the tyre size I have zeroed in based on multiple recommendations.

Also, will the 195/60/R15 tyres easily fit on the OEM ZDi alloys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78
We have a Zdi in the family, the stock tyres were replaced on the same day & the upgraded tyres are michelin Primacy LC each costing about 5600. Also the buy back rate of stock MRF tyres was 3800 per tyre, so 1800per tyre for the upgrade.
You got a good rate for the MRF tyres. Can you please share the tyre dealer's location? Which city are you located? (I am using the TBHP app for iPad and hence your location is not visible to me).
Old 5th January 2012, 21:34   #665
BHPian

Swift at Auto Expo 2012.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-1.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-3.jpg  

Old 5th January 2012, 22:00   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Swift at Auto Expo 2012.
Is that a hybrid? Also - colour doesn't seem to be 'Glistening gray'.

No Swift Sport shown at the expo? Damn!
Old 5th January 2012, 22:34   #667
BHPian

& here comes the "rupee depreciation" to bite again - a week's time to be precise

Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more : Business News - India Today
Old 5th January 2012, 22:44   #668
Team-BHP Support

One question to all those who have put 195/65 R15 - Can the spare tyre also be fitted with the same? Does it fit in the wheel well provided in the boot, without issues?
Old 5th January 2012, 23:02   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
& here comes the "rupee depreciation" to bite again - a week's time to be precise

Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more : Business News - India Today
That is a real bad news for those who are in the waiting period. Any idea or guess on how much it will be?
Old 6th January 2012, 01:37   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Swift at Auto Expo 2012.
Drool factor rises. I am so glad I booked the black zdi. Was wondering if the black mesh in front would suit a black car. I am now satisfied. Might just turn mine to something similar.
Old 6th January 2012, 04:38   #671
BHPian

Hi

I am from faridabad , steering doesnt feel hard like is used to do in old swift after size upgrade . Steering is light and you will love to throw swift into corners after upgrade to 195 60 R15 . Go ahead get new tyres for swift , i would recommend you to go for bridgestone turanza ER60 . These tyres are grippy , less noice and are reliable as they have double side reinforcement .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
How's the new car doing? Did you upgrade the tyres? I can barely wait till Saturday to take delivery of my car.

Thanks for that info. Does the steering feel harder with the 195/60/R15 tyres? My question is more related to the new Swift. This is the tyre size I have zeroed in based on multiple recommendations.

Also, will the 195/60/R15 tyres easily fit on the OEM ZDi alloys?

You got a good rate for the MRF tyres. Can you please share the tyre dealer's location? Which city are you located? (I am using the TBHP app for iPad and hence your location is not visible to me).
Old 6th January 2012, 09:06   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The car is doing absolutely great and looks stunning in Torque Blue. Its a sea change graduating from a 4 speed 800. The engine and tranny are butter smooth, its like a hot knife through butter

Of course, the hardest part is keeping the revs under 2k RPM, man I never thought running in a new engine would be so difficult, especally given the fact that the K12 VVT engine just strains at the leash wanting to rev to the high heavens right from the time you crank the ignition. My eyes are glued to the tachometer to ensure that I shift at 2K for the first few hundred kms.

The tires are not changed yet, thats the agenda for tomorrow. THose 15 incher Lenso Samurais look downright mouth watering, just imagining what they would look like on the car with fatter rubber!

Best of luck with your delivery process. It is one hell of a machine, and the feel of the steering and controls once the car is actually yours, after that agonizing wait, just makes it that much sweeter.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 6th January 2012 at 09:13.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:12   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The car is doing absolutely great and looks stunning in Torque Blue. Its a sea change graduating from a 4 speed 800. The engine and tranny are butter smooth, its like a hot knife through butter

Of course, the hardest part is keeping the revs under 2k RPM, man I never thought running in a new engine would be so difficult, especally the K12 engine just strains at the leash wanting to rev to the high heavens right from the time you crank the ignition.

The tires are not changed yet, thats the agenda for tomorrow. Those 15 incher Lensos look mouth watering, just imagining whatit would look like on the car with fatter rubber!
Old 6th January 2012, 09:43   #674
BHPian

Is it the same for the diesel during the run in period?
Keep it below 2k revs?
Old 6th January 2012, 10:48   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Is it the same for the diesel during the run in period?
Keep it below 2k revs?
In a diesel, it is also advisable to go to the 2.5 k limit, and slowly increase it to 3k, since the turbo becomes operative only after 2k. The trick is to load the engine slowly over the first couple of thousand kms.

In my case, since its the K12 engine, I am keeping it till 2K for the first 500-600 kms, and then would slowly increase it to 2.5k til 100kms and first service. Thereafter gradual increase in RPMs while shifting.

Do read the How To Run In Your New Car thread in the Owning a Car section for more information and diverse views on proper methods of running in.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 6th January 2012 at 10:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks