Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 17:20   #631
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I have the new swift zxi. The recommended tyre pressure on the zxi model is 29 psi. I feel that its pretty low and it could do with 2-3 psi more. Can anyone let me know if its ok to put more than the recommended tyre pressure. Thanks.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:16   #632
Senior - BHPian

29 psi is definitely a little on the lower side, I would assume it would be only for front occupants right? Either ways, there will not be any issues if you are going to fill 2-3 psi more. You can settle on the figure that you are most comfortable with.

The tyre rating will tell you the maximum pressure they can withstand, and it is much more than what we are talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
I have the new swift zxi. The recommended tyre pressure on the zxi model is 29 psi. I feel that its pretty low and it could do with 2-3 psi more. Can anyone let me know if its ok to put more than the recommended tyre pressure. Thanks.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:30   #633
BHPian

Saw this swift in Cochin. The alloy had Suzuki emblem in it. Do they have designs like this? Can anyone confirm?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-24122011356.jpg  

Old 29th December 2011, 19:34   #634
vdi
BHPian

Did you have a close look? I don't think they are from Suzuki / Maruti.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:07   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar!
The old ZXi too had 29 psi recommended for all 4 tyres. I don't think it's low. The tyre profile is thinner (65 in the new Swift Z variants) on the stock tyres which is why the recommended pressure is lower. 32/33 psi is recommended for the L and V variants which have 80 profile tyres if I am not wrong.

32/33 psi is going to make your ride in the ZXi very bumpy. I would imagine the max you should go with is 30 psi.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:25   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
The alloy had Suzuki emblem in it. Do they have designs like this? Can anyone confirm?
These are just an aftermarket cosmetic bits, which can be seen & bought from a good Car accessory shop. They're are very Shiny, Chinese looking & are pretty cheap too.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:26   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why would you feel it's lower? The company would have done a lot of testing to arrive at a psi which gives a proper balance between ride comfort & FE. Increasing the pressure would make the ride bumpy but better FE. Reducing the pressure would improve the ride quality but with a lower FE.

If you are going for long drives, I suggest you pump up the pressure by 2 psi or so. Else leave it at the recommended levels. I read increasing the tyre pressure reduces tyre heat and improves FE during long drives.
Old 30th December 2011, 16:06   #638
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs bala80,fuel addict and swiftnfurious. I do know that the company has done a lot of ground work before recommending the tyre pressure but i feel that 29 psi makes the steering a bit more hard and the tyres can do with a bit more air in them. Since i drive alone most of the times i am not worried about the bumpy ride.What i am worried about is the safety. Is it safe to fill 2-3 psi more than the recommended tyre pressure ?

My left side rear view mirror got hit by a bike yesterday and the body coloured cover of the rear view mirror broke. Thankfully the other parts of the mirror were intact and the electricals were also fine. Does anybody have any idea how much that cover will cost and from where should i source it?

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 30th December 2011, 16:31   #639
Senior - BHPian

Sent 2 mails to Maruti requesting them to please arrange for a test drive of a Swift Ldi or Vdi as i wanted to check the poor braking in both of these variants, was going for the Vdi but plan is on hold for now after consulting a few tbhpians who are the owners of new swift Vdi, they told me to just drive it to believe it

No response from maruti till now, i even offered willingness to drive to any part of Delhi if they could fulfill my request. Wonder what happened, the after sales is good, what about pre sales?

A friend is a dealer and he agreed to let me drive a Vdi scheduled for delivery to some one on request but i dont want to do that as its very unethical and wrong on my part, maruti is not even leaving me with an option.

P.S : Any 2011 Swift Ldi/Vdi owner in NCR, please let me know if you could take some time out and allow me to sit in your car with you driving (if not comfy with me doing it) so i can gauge how are the brakes.
Old 30th December 2011, 16:51   #640
BHPian

Just got my Swift VDi & upgraded the tyres to Bridgestone 185/70/R14.
Whats the tyre pressures to be maintained at the front & the rear.
Being a diesel should it be higher in the front?
The dealer filled all 4 with nitrogen at 30psi
Old 30th December 2011, 17:01   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it safe to fill 2-3 psi more than the recommended tyre pressure ?
Not a problem - I have been driving mostly with 2 extra psi's espaecially on long drives [10 hours]

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
P.S : Any 2011 Swift Ldi/Vdi owner in NCR, please let me know if you could take some time out and allow me to sit in your car with you driving (if not comfy with me doing it) so i can gauge how are the brakes.
Please avoid hard braking on brand new cars run under 1000 kms, even if you get any of your friend's car to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Being a diesel should it be higher in the front?
Ideally yes. The recommeded tyre pressure must be mentioned on a metal plate in the driver B pillar where doors close. For the previous gen the pressures were 36 front & 33 rear. But there are people who have been filling 32 both front & rear for a comfortable ride.
Old 30th December 2011, 17:53   #642
BHPian

Quote:
My left side rear view mirror got hit by a bike yesterday
Sad to hear Vroom. These are the things that we cant avoid in city.
Bangalore everyday i am seeing freaking bikers and auto drivers hitting cars and running away without even looking back and some times blaming the other driver. I am so much worried to bring my yet to get car to this IT city because of above issues.

Don't know how much it costs.
May be i will be going to the dealer tomorrow to inquire about my car. Will check the price. Please post the price when you change it.
Old 2nd January 2012, 08:46   #643
Senior - BHPian

Well its almost D-Day for me. My Torque Blue VXi is already at the dealership, PDI done without too many hitches. Delivery is slated for tomorrow or day after. Can hardly control the excitement!!
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:51   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ideally yes. The recommeded tyre pressure must be mentioned on a metal plate in the driver B pillar where doors close. For the previous gen the pressures were 36 front & 33 rear. But there are people who have been filling 32 both front & rear for a comfortable ride.
Couldn't spot the metal plate on the driver door B pillar
So i guess it'll be 32 for the front & back then (Bridgestone 185/70/R14)
Just the confusion that being a diesel should it be even higher in the front for the new Swift
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:34   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Couldn't spot the metal plate on the driver door B pillar
So i guess it'll be 32 for the front & back then (Bridgestone 185/70/R14)
Just the confusion that being a diesel should it be even higher in the front for the new Swift
There is a sticker on the B pillar with the tyre pressure readings.

It is 32F 29R for the ZDi (185/65/R15) It is a different reading for the LDi/ VDi. I don't recall it now. Will check and post later.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks