Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 07:01   #481
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
For all I know Ford did with Boron steel for the new Fiesta.

Its akin to saying that car X is better than the competition but it doesnt stop when you want it to and where you want it to. Weak brakes in my opinion is a much serious issue when compared to slightly shoddy plastics or some loose fittings.
That might be one among the reason for the cost of new fiesta.

Any accident has reported till now due to poor breaking of new swift.
I hope the breaks are better than that of M800. Until maruti come up with a solution we have to live with that or change it by own. Check GTOs post in the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...sep2011-6.html
Old 21st November 2011, 07:38   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Weak brakes in my opinion is a much serious issue when compared to slightly shoddy plastics or some loose fittings.
True. No 2 ways about it. I wouldn't advice anyone to buy lxi/vxi/ldi/vdi versions.

Maruti should address that issue properly. Hopefully, Maruti will show the same customer-centric attitude as when they replaced the first faulty zdi.

As for the fiesta, it cuts on engine specifications/ interior quality compared to international model and priced so high, steel doesn't matter anymore to the buyer.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:22   #483
Senior - BHPian

Man! This really is a serious issue. Contrary to what i thought, i see only VDI's on-raod and very few ZDI's really.

Everytime i see a VDI i around, i maintain distance from the car knowing that it has faulty brakes. Hope something is done to resolve this issue. With the sheer number of Swift's hitting the road in the coming months and going by the preference for VDI, Maruti would be better-off solving this issue before owners face problems on road and the press gets hands on this info.
Old 21st November 2011, 17:42   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As for the fiesta, it cuts on engine specifications/ interior quality compared to international model and priced so high, steel doesn't matter anymore to the buyer.
No it doesn't. Infact the 1.5 liter petrol engine will replace the current 1.6 liter petrol engine in all markets.
Old 21st November 2011, 19:17   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
can you provide us with the source of this info ? May be an article you read regarding the different quality of steel being used in the euro Swift ?

One can't rule out the possibility of what you've mentioned happening, so it would help to know in full and better.
Have read this in some Auto magazine, few months earlier.
As soon I get the that copy, i'll scan & paste that page here.

Quote:
But, which car in the same segment is made to the same quality/features/engine specificatons standards as its european counterparts?
Product differentiation is always there as per different markets, but huge & negative variations are hard to accept.
Although Polo build quality is also different in what it's produced here & in Germany but still not by too much. I hope you're getting my point.

Quote:
Whats unethical? The waiting period?
Its not the waiting periods, its the Timely Price increase or Specification downgrading.
IIRC, Initially the previous Swift came with Retractable Assist Grips on roof, but check out any 2009-2010 make Swift, you'll see the Old-Maruti Zen/Alto like Non-folding Assist Grips with Screws exposed.
Even some MS cars cheaper than Swift come with well finished Assist Grips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post

Any accident has reported till now due to poor breaking of new swift.
I hope the breaks are better than that of M800.

Does A Human life is that cheap, so that it can be sacrificed for a Rs.5-lac machine !

If more than just One, two or three people are complaining about that, there must be a some problem there.
Customers are very much of everything now, especially after taking Test Drives of multiple cars back to back one can very easily figure out such basic difference/error.

Read the last post on following page;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...sep2011-6.html
Old 21st November 2011, 22:31   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No it doesn't. Infact the 1.5 liter petrol engine will replace the current 1.6 liter petrol engine in all markets.
Oh!

What about the 1.5 TDCi? I remember reading reports of 1.6 diesel coming up, and then a 1.5 happened! I haven't followed the fiesta thread too much, after the launch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Product differentiation is always there as per different markets, but huge & negative variations are hard to accept.
Although Polo build quality is also different in what it's produced here & in Germany but still not by too much. I hope you're getting my point.
Although Polo built quality is good, we miss out hugely on the features/ engine front - don't we?
Quote:
Its not the waiting periods, its the Timely Price increase or Specification downgrading.
I do agree with you on this one!

Its not the fault of the customer that they have to wait 8 months for getting their vehicle delivered. Would have been ethical if the company had spared the customers who have been waiting for a long time!
Old 22nd November 2011, 06:55   #487
BHPian

Quote:

If more than just One, two or three people are complaining about that, there must be a some problem there.
Customers are very much of everything now, especially after taking Test Drives of multiple cars back to back one can very easily figure out such basic difference/error.
Also if more than one lack people booked the car and waiting for that means there must be something in that.
I agree on the poor breaking. you can have that discussion on the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-issue-11.html
See the last posts. We can see something is happening from MSIL on breaking issue.( Hoping for the best as they will sort out the issue)
Also we are deviating from your point of poor built quality.
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:10   #488
BHPian

Thanks for the excellent review GTO.

i had to drive the new swift for a couple of days, felt it has the same good things and bad things from the old one i had. It has the same poor build quality as the old one and cramped boot. I could feel the rattles started already and power window switches are of the same poor quality. Except the tech gizmos i didn't feel anything new but the driving behavior still the same, exceptional.
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:32   #489
BHPian

Have booked for Swift ZDI today. Long wait of 9 months starts from today. I did ask the SA about the brake issue with some variants. He was saying there is no such issue at all. Obviously a SA has to say that.
Old 23rd November 2011, 23:58   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
I could feel the rattles started already and power window switches are of the same poor quality.
Hello Ric. Have a few of questions for you.
  1. Can you please elaborate on the rattles? Where were they coming from?
  2. How old was the Swift you drove (the date of mfg or the delivery date)? How many kms has it been driven for till now and also when the rattles first started?
  3. Are there any other glaring issues with the car you drove?
Thanks
Shome
Old 24th November 2011, 01:51   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Hello Ric. Have a few of questions for you.
  1. Can you please elaborate on the rattles? Where were they coming from?
  2. How old was the Swift you drove (the date of mfg or the delivery date)? How many kms has it been driven for till now and also when the rattles first started?
  3. Are there any other glaring issues with the car you drove?
Thanks
Shome
its the body rattles, but didn't hear any door rattles. it was one of my relative's ride, we swapped our rides for few days so not sure when these started. it was driven around 5k i guess but not sure, didn't pay much attention to the odo. It was the major issue i was looking for as mine used to have so much rattles, didn't see any other issues with the car.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 23:29   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
its the body rattles, but didn't hear any door rattles. it was one of my relative's ride, we swapped our rides for few days so not sure when these started. it was driven around 5k i guess but not sure, didn't pay much attention to the odo. It was the major issue i was looking for as mine used to have so much rattles, didn't see any other issues with the car.
5k done already on a new swift? Thats some monthly running your relative has!

Was it a diesel/ petrol? Was the any improvement in driveability post first service?
Old 25th November 2011, 09:29   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the excellent review GTO.

i had to drive the new swift for a couple of days, felt it has the same good things and bad things from the old one i had. It has the same poor build quality as the old one and cramped boot. I could feel the rattles started already and power window switches are of the same poor quality. Except the tech gizmos i didn't feel anything new but the driving behavior still the same, exceptional.
its not surprising for a punto owner to say so, i have also clocked 5000 on my zdi and have faced the remotest of what you say.. good day
Old 25th November 2011, 09:54   #494
BHPian

Hello everybody here in Team-BHP.

Is my first ever post in this community.

Talking about the build quality of new Swift , I fond that there is typical Suzuki lightness as it was with the original Swift. The doors are relatively lighter and the interiors even though tightly screwed have that hollowness. But for the segment it belongs to, it is absolutely alright and the costumers shouldn't be complaining about the general build. Critically the new Swift has fit and finish (I am not talking about the plastic quality inside) better than the dzire or even SX4 .
Old 26th November 2011, 13:16   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Hello everybody here in Team-BHP.

Is my first ever post in this community.

Talking about the build quality of new Swift , I fond that there is typical Suzuki lightness as it was with the original Swift. The doors are relatively lighter and the interiors even though tightly screwed have that hollowness. But for the segment it belongs to, it is absolutely alright and the costumers shouldn't be complaining about the general build. Critically the new Swift has fit and finish (I am not talking about the plastic quality inside) better than the dzire or even SX4 .
I do no agree with this. ZDI in Bangalore costs 8 Lacs On Road. Within that price point, you can buy Jazz, Punto (90 HP diesel), Beat (Diesel), Fabia.

Some of these cars are cheaper than Swift but offer superior build quality than Swift. IMHO, Rattles are inexcusable at this price point and customers have every right to complain.

If I am spending 8 Lacs for a hatch, high build quality is something I would presuppose. Heck, if you add another 50K , you can buy Sunny and City (base model) which takes the build quality to the next level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks