Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 12:42   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Try calling their nationwide customer care number or email them through their website. You will receive a response along with a ticket number for you to track the complaint.

Maruti is usually very responsive when it comes to addressing these issues. Do include the details of the dealers when you escalate this to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
nri199, devil_lkm,

Thanks for the responses, yes all dealers were quoting 50K. I have called the Maruti Regional office in Hyderabad,but no one is picking up the call from Sales dept.

- Srinivas.R
Old 25th October 2011, 14:07   #377
Team-BHP Support

Just got a call from my dealer that a black swift ZDi has been dispatched from the factory, and I can claim it if i so desired. Looks like black has very few takers.

Turned down the offer since its very hard to maintain a dark colour in Chennai's dusty conditions. Although my booking is in Torque blue, after seeing the colour in person - I'm going to request a change to White. (I know its so common, but i think its the best of current available colours! Wish red was bright red (Figo red is the best!)/ yellow colour. Swift is one car that can carry-off bright looking clothes!)

Blue -IMO - though it looks fabulous in bright sunlight, looks very dull in cloudy/ sunset conditions.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th October 2011 at 14:11.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:22   #378
Senior - BHPian

^^ The earlier Swift was launched in colours like Blue/a shade of Aquamarine/Golden too! But they discontinued all of them. I hope they dont do so with the current Swift.
I saw my first non-white Swift in the Z trim, a red ZDi, and was completely floored by the colour. It is exactly how I wanted my car to be in.
Anybody has taken the delivery of petrol engine'd new Swift ? How is it on fuel economy ?
Old 25th October 2011, 15:32   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Anybody has taken the delivery of petrol engine'd new Swift ? How is it on fuel economy ?
Mine has to be one of the most uncommon booking stories in the short history of the new Swift. I had initially booked a white VDI. However, thereafter, both from financial calculations and much more importantly, from the feel I got from the K12 engine from the test drives, I changed my booking to a Torque Blue Petrol

As far as the colour is concerned, though I thought the white looks good initially, its just unbeliavable how common the colour is. Every new Swift that I have seen in Bangalore is white, with just a couple of exceptions thrown in. On the other hand, having seen the Torque Blue in flesh, I was blown away by just how fabulous it looked. And promptly changed my colour preference to blue. It will cost me a few additional weeks in waiting, but what the heck- its definitely worth it.

Expect to get delivery sometime in December 2011.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th October 2011 at 15:34.
Old 25th October 2011, 19:12   #380
BHPian

Booked a black ZDi two days back.

Question to those who have tried both petrol and diesel and the pundits, the engine noise in the TD ZDI was really loud. The SE said ideally, the engine noise in both the Petrol and the diesel inside the car should be the same as the the swift was made to ensure the NVH remained almost the same. The TD car was loud because of the manner in which it had been driven. What is your experience like? Is there a huge difference in the engine noise? They didnt have a zxi for me to TD.

Missed a dead pedal sorely.

Sold my A-star to Maruti true value and got 5k exchange bonus.
Waiting period is the usual 24-32 weeks (6-8 months)

Now starts the long wait.
Old 25th October 2011, 20:27   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Booked a black ZDi two days back. The TD car was loud because of the manner in which it had been driven.
Congrats on booking your new car and for joining the queue.
Did you noticed any rattling?
Old 25th October 2011, 21:10   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats on booking your new car and for joining the queue.
Did you noticed any rattling?
thanks. No, no rattles at all. Other than the engine noise, the car was smooth. You faced any issues with rattling?
Old 25th October 2011, 21:37   #383
BHPian

Quote:
thanks. No, no rattles at all. Other than the engine noise, the car was smooth. You faced any issues with rattling?
Did not get a chance to drive.
When i enquired in kerela, none of the dealers had a TD vehicle.
And bangalore dealers were stopped giving TDs.
Got chance to sit inside the car and felt it as better built that old one.
Old 25th October 2011, 23:51   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked a black ZDi two days back.

Question to those who have tried both petrol and diesel and the pundits, the engine noise in the TD ZDI was really loud. The SE said ideally, the engine noise in both the Petrol and the diesel inside the car should be the same as the the swift was made to ensure the NVH remained almost the same.
I have driven both petrol and diesel back to back. No way that noise levels are the same in the 2 variants. Diesels are inherently clattery and NVH levels in diesel and petrol Swift are leagues apart. the petrol is near silent at idle, and remains refined all the way to the redline (after 3000 RPM it develops a lovely sporty snarl) while the diesel starts with a clatter, and as the revs increase, the engine gets boomy.

Of course, relatively, the DDIS is a much more refined unit than most other small diesels in the Indian market today, but it definitely cannot be compared with modern petrol engines in terms of refinement, NVH etc. - especially, a comparison with the super refined and smooth K12 would be an unfair one.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th October 2011 at 23:58.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 00:10   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Of course, relatively, the DDIS is a much more refined unit than most other small diesels in the Indian market today, but it definitely cannot be compared with modern petrol engines in terms of refinement, NVH etc. - especially, a comparison with the super refined and smooth K12 would be an unfair one.
Thanks Arindam. This definitely was what my impression was. I hope the new diesels dont have the same noise levels as the TD car. This one had done only about 1500kms.
Old 26th October 2011, 12:11   #386
Senior - BHPian

Did you check the new grey? I saw one on the roads recently and it looked great. Blue will be my second choice if not for grey.

Another advantage with these new shades is it will clearly differentiate the new swift from the old one. White has become a little too common IMO (even my old swift was white!) and hence would suggest you to give it a thought before opting for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Blue -IMO - though it looks fabulous in bright sunlight, looks very dull in cloudy/ sunset conditions.
While it may not be as refined as petrol, the DDIS engine is one of the most refined diesels around (only behind the new verna, IMO). There is absolutely no vibrations inside the cabin and sometimes the engine gets boomy if you are not there in the right gear. I'm used to driving other diesels, so trust me when I tell you this. NVH characteristics are very good for a diesel engine in the new swift.

Quote:
Thanks Arindam. This definitely was what my impression was. I hope the new diesels dont have the same noise levels as the TD car. This one had done only about 1500kms.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 14:33   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

While it may not be as refined as petrol, the DDIS engine is one of the most refined diesels around (only behind the new verna, IMO). There is absolutely no vibrations inside the cabin and sometimes the engine gets boomy if you are not there in the right gear. I'm used to driving other diesels, so trust me when I tell you this. NVH characteristics are very good for a diesel engine in the new swift.
This is good to hear. I have driven the crdi ANHV and I absolutely loved it. Anything close to this will be amazing!
Old 26th October 2011, 14:37   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Did you check the new grey? I saw one on the roads recently and it looked great. Blue will be my second choice if not for grey.

Another advantage with these new shades is it will clearly differentiate the new swift from the old one. White has become a little too common IMO (even my old swift was white!) and hence would suggest you to give it a thought before opting for a
No. haven't seen the red properly either. Not even a distant glance of the grey.

Saw a blue swift parked while travelling on the highway. Stopped and walked back to see it. I'm on the lookout for other colours, but it will take some time I guess. White and silver are getting common, of which white looks fabulous and silver boring IMO.
Old 26th October 2011, 15:45   #389
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you check the grey if possible. Its the same grey as in the ritz and looks very good on the swift. You can drop in the stockyard of your dealer and check the colours there? Its a different story that no colour would look good there since the cars wouldnt be clean.

White and silver may be the most preferred colours in the swift and hence every 2nd car delivered with either be a white or a silver. If white/silver is the most produced shade by MSIL, then the waiting period may be less there compared to the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No. haven't seen the red properly either. Not even a distant glance of the grey.

Saw a blue swift parked while travelling on the highway. Stopped and walked back to see it. I'm on the lookout for other colours, but it will take some time I guess. White and silver are getting common, of which white looks fabulous and silver boring IMO.
Old 26th October 2011, 16:01   #390
Senior - BHPian

I have booked for white. My present RITZ is a Silky silver. If some one does not like these popular colors can go for glistening Gray.If you could not find swift due to low nubers of delivery You can see the Ritz with the Glistening grey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks