Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2011, 21:05   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
There is no excluding the brake booster in the L and V variant. The brakes are just 'weak'.
I have never been quoted so much!!Twice actually Thanks guys for pointing that out. But I see uniform "weak braking" comments. Not something good for a 6 lakh hatch.

Seeing more of them on the roads, the new version seem to have lost the tightly skinned look of the old version. Especially with the new taillamps and headlamps.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 6th October 2011, 21:35   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I have never been quoted so much!!Twice actually Thanks guys for pointing that out. But I see uniform "weak braking" comments. Not something good for a 6 lakh hatch.

Seeing more of them on the roads, the new version seem to have lost the tightly skinned look of the old version. Especially with the new taillamps and headlamps.

Drive on,
Shibu
My test drive vehicle was a ZDi and guess what??? I felt the ZDi's brakes, with ABS to be weak. And I just went ahead and booked a VDi(reasons were different)
Old 6th October 2011, 23:13   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
Hello Team BHPians,

I am an owner of a Toyota Corolla and thinking of changing it for a Swift. I did read the review about the new Swift and took a liking to its subtle nature. And how it takes its time to impress you. It isn't a rush of power nor is it slow, its just sublime.

I would like to know as to how much of comfort I will be missing from the Corolla. I've been driving it for the past 4years and have liked every bit of metal in it but the rising fuel costs have made me to think about owning a diesel hatchback. I do own a VW Vento and Toyota Innova. I wasn't impressed by the Vento and the Innova isn't for daily commuting because of its large bulk.

So do let me know about your thoughts. There are somethings that I will let you know, my driving will be limited to only about 800-1000 kms a month. I understand that the rule of the thumb while choosing a diesel over a petrol but I just must pick up a diesel car(orders from dad). My trips will be going all around the country, and yes most importantly ABS would I really require it. The SWIFT isn't actually a swift car as stock vehicle so would it become a mandatory accessory for me.

My driving style: I've had my days driving fast so now I limit myself to just 80-100 kmph.

Cheers and thank you as always !
Moving from Toyota Corolla to a Swift would be a down grade in terms of comfort. It would not be wise to compare a sedan with a hatch back. Both cars are in the league of their own. The Swift D has is own charm, however space would not be one of the positives here.

As you have mentioned that you would be traveling around the country, in that case safety (ABS), boot space and cabin comfort should be a priority and in case I was in your shoes I would have considered a sedan (diesel) which would suffice the above needs/priorities and also counter the fuel price hikes
Old 6th October 2011, 23:55   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
You compromised on safety even though you could afford it and traded it for an earlier delivery? Wow!
He was not inclined towards ZDI only because of all the safety features but the overall package. I agree that his choice should have been ZDI that too if he can afford one but sometimes heart wins over the mind. His Wagonr was giving him all the troubles and new car was an urgent requirement that too only in grey or blue color. Plus, he only wanted Swift as he is completely in love with it.

Dealer told us that even white ZDI can't be delivered before 5-6 months, forget about getting the one in Blue or grey color before 9 months.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:09   #275
BHPian

BREAKING NEWS: The strike strikes again!

Maruti Manesar plant workers strike once again - The Times of India
Old 7th October 2011, 19:16   #276
BHPian

^^ What a surprise!! Right guys??

Will it ever come to an end?

EDIT: Better to discuss about it in its proper thread.

Last edited by manjot1912 : 7th October 2011 at 19:18.
Old 8th October 2011, 00:58   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti used to offer ABS as an option on the earlier "V" variants, and it's inexplicable that the same has been taken away on the new Swift. What makes matters worse is that the "L" and "V" variants have poor brakes, since it's only the "Z" level that receives the "brake assist" feature. While Maruti is tight-lipped on what brake assist means, from my drive in the ZXi, I can assure you that brake assist = bigger brake booster.
What's that Brake Assist actually means ??
I've also read the same in Nissan Micra brochure also, as it's also the feature in its XV Petrol variant, which comes with ABS & EBD.
Its very bad that MSIL still haven't worked on its Brakes, till to date.
For the expectation of its Improved, I've booked the New Swift ZDi this july, but my all expectations fell down, after watching the Build quality, Interiors & Performance(it seems to be more prone to Rattles now) of New Swift.
Further made worse by MSIL labour strikes & hence its long waiting periods.
Truly, I'm looking for any better worthy alternative now.

What's your Verdict !
Old 8th October 2011, 01:11   #278
BHPian

I didn't find a better alternative for swift zdi which i booked in may . This car is hoot to drive , no hassles at all . I just love to drive my old swift vdi and when i test drove the new , i found the new way improved then the older one . Ride quality has gone up by miles and also the interiors , features . If you still think that there is better alternative then get another one but i didn't find any car which has great performance plus handling .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
What's that Brake Assist actually means ??
I've also read the same in Nissan Micra brochure also, as it's also the feature in its XV Petrol variant, which comes with ABS & EBD.
Its very bad that MSIL still haven't worked on its Brakes, till to date.
For the expectation of its Improved, I've booked the New Swift ZDi this july, but my all expectations fell down, after watching the Build quality, Interiors & Performance(it seems to be more prone to Rattles now) of New Swift.
Further made worse by MSIL labour strikes & hence its long waiting periods.
Truly, I'm looking for any better worthy alternative now.

What's your Verdict !
Old 8th October 2011, 02:10   #279
BHPian

The Swift has moved away from the VFM (Value for money) option it was. It's reached the level where one buys it because of the way it drives & it's superior ownership experience. Cause at 7.16 on-road (Pune), it is extremely confusing whether to go in for a Sedan or go for a car which gives you a premium feel (i20) for the money.
Old 8th October 2011, 06:42   #280
BHPian

Does the tip meter give info on how much diesel/petrol has been consumed and what was the FE for the trip ??
Old 8th October 2011, 12:08   #281
BHPian

The multi-information display that sits between the clocks has a digital readout for average fuel consumption, range, trip and odo-meters, clock and outside temperature.
Old 8th October 2011, 17:53   #282
BHPian

People who booked Swift , "A harrased lot ".

There must be so many people on this forum like me , who are eagerly waiting for their swift . I had booked Swift ABS on 25th of april,2011 . I was given a waiting period of 5 months which expired on 24 sept.

When the new swift was launched people on this forum were of the opinion that who so ever upgrades to ZDI will get the benefit of shorter waiting period. But the ones like me who had already passed their waiting term will hardly benefit out of it. But today the story is altogether different .

Anticipating that my scheduled delivery is couple of days away I paid the entire payment to the dealer on 13 Sept ( although the dealer didn't ask for money , but he didn't even refuse to accept the DD ) . Since that day the dealer has been consistently saying that maruti is not producing ZDI model and instead offered me to have VDI . Today I recieved a letter from the dealer stating that
Quote:
" We would like to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances , The delivery of your vehicle will take some more time. Given the current production timelines, we expect your vehicle to mature for delivery in "November end.2011"
So finally I have asked the dealer to refund my full payment sans the booking amount .

Now , if I will be offered a car in November end then I will deliberately deffer it for next year.

The reason for me writing up here is that what are the option for me . I have 6.5lac money in my kitty . My first choice still remains a Swift due to it high resale value and seriously a good product. And The only second option that I feel relevant is I20. But in I20 I do not get many safety features .

Yesterday I called up the regional office of Maruti in Chandigarh. The officer who took my call said that the production of ZDI has commenced in manaser plant today morning itself and secondly that they have not allocated any vehicle against the march booking . So only February booking's are being entertained till date. And incase I am interested for a VDI Swift then he can manage to arrange one for me.
P.S.Grewal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 17:58   #283
BHPian

Re: People who booked Swift , "A harrased lot ".

Well I have booked my swift Vxi Sep 2nd and expect a delivery by Nov 2nd. I seriously doubt this will happen but I am willing to wait? but the question is "How long"?? I guess it is primary Petrol Vs Diesel debate on delivery norm.

Last edited by MutantX : 8th October 2011 at 18:00.
Old 8th October 2011, 18:00   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

For both of you I know this is not good news. Just came across this in Business Standard.
Fresh stir adds to Maruti woes
Old 8th October 2011, 18:04   #285
BHPian

Try the Swift's open challenger Vista VX which is 5.5 L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks