Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 16:22   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

MSIL plants are on strike again with MSPT too joining hands. Reports today TOI( chennai). any idea on what happens to people who already booked the car?????
Old 11th October 2011, 16:30   #347
BHPian

Re: People who booked Swift , "A harrased lot ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You saying Swift ZDi is priced at 6.5L in north ?
My ZDi is costing me 6.66L on road so yes, if you exclude the booking amount I think 6.5L is more or less the balance amount which @P.S. Grewal was referring to.

OT: The strike issue is killing me. Of all the drawbacks of the New Swift, this I feel is the biggest deal breaker. And it's getting bigger. Poor Maruti. With the Eon around the corner it would be a good idea to short the Maruti scrips
Old 11th October 2011, 16:58   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
MSIL plants are on strike again with MSPT too joining hands. Reports today TOI( chennai). any idea on what happens to people who already booked the car?????
If this goes on for a while as the last time , the waiting period could go up further... Bad news for MS. Hope they come together and have this resolved at the earliest.

Have seen a couple of potential new car buyers around me switch to other options due to the ongoing issue at the Manesar plant. Swift no doubt is a great car but the uncertainty is bound to make people look out for other options.
Old 11th October 2011, 18:06   #349
Senior - BHPian

The waiting period as per one of my friend who has booked a new Swift is undetermined. With the persistent strike and labor unrest at Maruti , no one now knows where all this will end. For the customers it’s an agonizing wait, for competitors it’s definitely great news.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:26   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: People who booked Swift , "A harrased lot ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
My ZDi is costing me 6.66L on road so yes, if you exclude the booking amount I think 6.5L is more or less the balance amount which @P.S. Grewal was referring to.
Looks like some sensational price. Are you talking about Chandigarh OTR prices? I see that the ex showroom price is 6,41,xxx in CD. And OTR is just another 25K more?! That's some extremely sweet deal !

OT: What's the Road Tax percentage there?
Old 11th October 2011, 19:38   #351
Senior - BHPian

The awful brakes are a big concern in the new swidt V DI. I got a chance to drive one at chandigarh and they brakes just didn't work as they were supposed to. Absolutely no feel, and the car's stopping time is alarmingly long. The brakes in the new swift L and V are just plain atrocious.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 20:27   #352
BHPian

All the available colors in new Swift. Didn't get pic of black colored Indian Swift.Black one below is a UAE version
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-blue.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-red.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-white.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-grey.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-silver.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-black.jpg  

Old 11th October 2011, 22:17   #353
BHPian

With customers complaining of foul play by dealers in the allotment process, especially since the legendary Swift is involved, I wonder why Maruti/Suzuki did not opt for a more transparent process to allot vehicles to its customers.

They could, for instance, have allotted a VAN (Vehicle Allotment Number) or SAN (Suzuki/Swift Allotment Number) to all its swift customers in the booking order. Customers with this VAN/SAN could then have checked an online database to verify their waiting list (ETA) in the national queue. It the railways can do this with their ticketing process, I wonder why Maruti/Suzuki cannot. This would have eliminated dealers from making vague/untruthful assurances on the delivery date of the Swift.

Last edited by misquitas : 11th October 2011 at 22:21.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:11   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Looks like some sensational price. Are you talking about Chandigarh OTR prices? I see that the ex showroom price is 6,41,xxx in CD. And OTR is just another 25K more?! That's some extremely sweet deal !

OT: What's the Road Tax percentage there?
Honestly, I have no idea about all this stuff! But it's quite a bit cheap out here. Net net, I wont be spending more than 6.75 for either the Swift or the Punto 90.

OT: A thread on these lines would make matters very simple for comparison sake
Old 12th October 2011, 08:35   #355
Senior - BHPian

I had Booked a Swift ZDi at vishnu cars in chennai on oct 1st was promised delivery in 6 months time. Got a call yesterday from the dealer saying that the delivery might be delayed ( over 8 months). He couldnt even give me a time frame when my car would probably arrive due to the complete shut down of the plant due to labour unrest. he also told me that there has been only production of 250 vehicles / day for the past 15 days in whole india ( dont know how far it is true).

Planning to go to the dealer today and talk to them. If they still cannot give me a proper time frame i might better cancel the booking and i would have to choose some other car . this bloody strike is frustrating me a lot

PS: They have stopped taking bookings again !!. Guys who booked and are waiting, please call your respective dealers and confirm on how long it is still going to take...

Last edited by geeash : 12th October 2011 at 08:38.
Old 12th October 2011, 08:55   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he also told me that there has been only production of 250 vehicles / day for the past 15 days in whole india ( dont know how far it is true).
This could be true... Today's Hindu says that Maruti is able to roll out only a third of its daily production capacity of 2800 units on the fifth day of the strike.

Adding to the misery, Maruti is also short of parts due to the strike in Suzuki Powertrain India

Don't know where this is heading to.... Hope the Government intervenes to do something about this before the situation gets very critical.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/com...cle2528825.ece

Quote:
If they still cannot give me a proper time frame i might better cancel the booking and i would have to choose some other car . this bloody strike is frustrating me a lot
How much have you paid for the booking? If it is not very substantial you could just go on with it. By Diwali there should be some conclusive reports about the state of MSIL.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 12th October 2011 at 08:59. Reason: Link added
Old 12th October 2011, 09:04   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
How much have you paid for the booking? If it is not very substantial you could just go on with it. By Diwali there should be some conclusive reports about the state of MSIL.
I have paid 50k as advance. First i was told to pay only 10k then they changed and told me that the minimum booking amount was 50k.

atleast i hope that it gets resolved by diwali. this has been going on for months now. thats why i am going to have a chit chat today !!
Old 12th October 2011, 11:57   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
If this goes on for a while as the last time , the waiting period could go up further... Bad news for MS. Hope they come together and have this resolved at the earliest.

Have seen a couple of potential new car buyers around me switch to other options due to the ongoing issue at the Manesar plant. Swift no doubt is a great car but the uncertainty is bound to make people look out for other options.
I have booked my Zdi 2 months back and the tentative delivery time given to me was by 1st week of Nov. But due to the strike which has started again, i dont think it'll be delivered anytime before December.

Guess I have to re-think.
Old 12th October 2011, 12:55   #359
Senior - BHPian

All the available colors in new Swift. Didn't get pic of black colored Indian Swift.Black one below is a UAE version.

Hey, the black one is the pic I'd uploaded to Team BHP. Groovy aint it!
Old 12th October 2011, 13:09   #360
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have paid 50k as advance. First i was told to pay only 10k then they changed and told me that the minimum booking amount was 50k.
50K advance is too much for an uncertain delivery period. MSIL should insist all dealers to collect 10k as booking amount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks