Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2011, 08:56   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199 View Post
I am also hearing from dealers here in Bangalore that no ZDis have been delivered after the strike got called off. Your relative is lucky. I booked my ZDi in early September, looks like I have to wait a long long time.
If you have booked in early September, most likely your delivery will not be before January, depending on the dealer cancellations of course. I have booked in late August, and my expected delivery date is Jan or early Feb. When I spoke to my dealer recently, post the strike, he told me that Maruti has committed to producing about 2000 odd Swifts per day. If that commitment is met, delivery would be as per the above schedule. We should therefore pray that there are no more disruptions in the manufacturing process for any reason
Old 6th November 2011, 18:57   #437
Senior - BHPian

A little OT to this thread, but a very good read -

The Hindu : Today's Paper News : Gone in 50 seconds

Post the strike, a new car rolls out of the assembly every 48 seconds instead of 50 seconds thereby increasing the production.

Ofcourse, the article throws light on the other side of the coin, but I thought I can still share it here as it is relevant to the discussion.
Old 6th November 2011, 19:02   #438
BHPian

And then it depends how many out of those 2000 will be ZDi.
But many people do not like to take delivery of car in Dec so there could be a chance.
Old 6th November 2011, 19:38   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
If you have booked in early September, most likely your delivery will not be before January, depending on the dealer cancellations of course. I have booked in late August, and my expected delivery date is Jan or early Feb. When I spoke to my dealer recently, post the strike, he told me that Maruti has committed to producing about 2000 odd Swifts per day. If that commitment is met, delivery would be as per the above schedule. We should therefore pray that there are no more disruptions in the manufacturing process for any reason
2000 swifts per day means around 50,000 swift in a month which is not likely to be the case.
2000 could be the total cars from manesar plant on daily basis.
smooth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 22:20   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats Viki!

Really looking forward to seeing your car out on the road. I have booked Torque blue (Which I'll most probably be changing to white), but always had a weakness for blue. Hence wanted to see more cars before deciding. Waiting period helps too!
Blue is awesome crazy driver Many whites are being produced and we ll see that common on road. Why to be among the huge list of white ones Jus kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Team-Bhp does not recommend Teflon coating on new cars!

For all your colour maintainence queries, go through this thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-guide.html
Yeah i too read the thread soon after i posted the reply . Dealers actually lure customers to do that coating, and customers fall for it .

Hope Atleast the few who read these posts will think twice before going for Teflon coating

-
Viki

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
2000 swifts per day means around 50,000 swift in a month which is not likely to be the case.
2000 could be the total cars from manesar plant on daily basis.
As per my knowledge , Manesar plant is now dedicated fully for the 2k11 swift. as they lag behind likealmost a lakh bookings

Manesar Report in Hindu was awesome. Definitely the Largest Indian Car Maker with the most wonderful car in kitty would bounce back for sure.

Colours also play a role in delivery dates. My fren booked a red swift , my dad booked a blue one after a month. But we got our swift a month before he did , That too he changed his colour to White .

Choose your colour wisely

Cheers
-
Viki

Last edited by manson : 7th November 2011 at 00:52. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
Old 6th November 2011, 22:38   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Post the strike, a new car rolls out of the assembly every 48 seconds instead of 50 seconds thereby increasing the production.
One car manufactured in 50 seconds?? A typo ? Shouldn't fitting the dash in a new car alone take more than a minute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
2000 swifts per day means around 50,000 swift in a month which is not likely to be the case.2000 could be the total cars from manesar plant on daily basis.
Guess Manesar handles ONLY swift production as of now. I read that SX4 & Dzire production has been moved into some other plant.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th November 2011 at 22:39.
Old 6th November 2011, 22:54   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

One car manufactured in 50 seconds?? A typo ? Shouldn't fitting the dash in a new car alone take more than a minute?
Once the first car is out from the belt line and for consecutive cars will be coming out every 50 seconds. I think you got what I am saying
Old 7th November 2011, 19:32   #443
Senior - BHPian

Actually its not an entire car, but for the assembly line to move from one car to the other for fitting a specific part .Please read the article in the link, you will understand. Provides great insight-albeit not a very pleasant one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Old 7th November 2011, 21:36   #444
BHPian

Guys, I am getting delivery of my SWIFT Vxi this week. Mine is White color which is the color inmuch demand. The OTR quoted when I booked the car 2 months back was 556,415 rs. but when I paid the full amount this week, the dealer had jacked up the price to 557,718 rs. Modest increase but when inquired he said the increase of 1300 rs was attributed to increase in the price of maruti's extended warranty.

I some how dont feel the dealers are transparent on the road tax part of the invoice. I was billed 59500 rs for the road tax when the swift's ex-showroom was 478,xxx. With the current road taxes in TN being 10% i expected it to be 48k. The dealer does not have an answer to what the additional 12k is all about. More over the OTR is absolutely the same across dealers with none able to explain the 12k charged in addition to the road tax.

Insurance is charged at 14k which I feel is ok, other quotes I have got was 12.5k/13k at the max and felt I could apply some No claim bonus on top of this to get some rebates.

Last edited by MutantX : 7th November 2011 at 21:38.
Old 7th November 2011, 22:17   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Once the first car is out from the belt line and for consecutive cars will be coming out every 50 seconds. I think you got what I am saying
Yep, able to relate better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I some how dont feel the dealers are transparent on the road tax part of the invoice. I was billed 59500 rs for the road tax when the swift's ex-showroom was 478,xxx. With the current road taxes in TN being 10% i expected it to be 48k. The dealer does not have an answer to what the additional 12k is all about. More over the OTR is absolutely the same across dealers with none able to explain the 12k charged in addition to the road tax.
You could do one thing. Just try and get hod of agents who can do the RTO work and check with them on the taxes front. These guys can give you the proper rates. Also when you get all the documents, please make sure to cross verify the amounts mentioned.
Old 8th November 2011, 21:35   #446
BHPian

Called my dealer and my position in queue is 22 now. It will take 4-5 more months to get my car.

Last edited by devil_klm : 8th November 2011 at 21:59. Reason: Remove query about insurance
Old 8th November 2011, 22:14   #447
BHPian

My dealer in delhi is saying that my postion is at no.5 from last 2 months with their std. reply that sir, Maruti is not producing any ZDI.. BTW i had booked in April.
Old 8th November 2011, 22:26   #448
BHPian

guys, I would like to install the tweeter pods (same as the one found in Zxi) on my new SWIFT Vxi during the ICE install. Can anyone confirm if this part is available for order? I talked with the MASS spare parts department and they seem to be completely clueless! It would also be great if someone can share the spare part number for the new SWIFT's tweeter pod.

Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 00:34   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Called my dealer and my position in queue is 22 now. It will take 4-5 more months to get my car.
I am number 87 in the queue for a black zdi (2nd in queue for the black zdi). I have been told 3-4 months. Booked in Mid September. I think I will get it only by Q3 of 2012
Old 9th November 2011, 02:46   #450
BHPian

Workers at Suzuki Powertrain adopt

Here's a new problem, at Suzuki Powertrain this time. Just hoping it does not flare up like the last.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks