Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 10:18   #1186
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Guys have booked a blazing red metallic zdi with Motorcraft ghaziabad and have been given OTR of 754,918/-.
Also the sales rep refused to let me go for insurance outside (wanted zero dep) stating it to be maruti policy . I have asked him to issue me a letter for the same . Please advise .
I faced the same Dilemma. I was looking for zerro Dep but the dealer was hell bent on this issue saying Sir that is the only area we are getting our margins etc. Finally opted for Bajaj Allianz. Quote I was getting was around 10% lower than what as one dealer was offering. Royal Sunderam was 40% discount. But I got some freebies instead. Foot Mats, Full floor matting, leather steering cover. Getting the car was a priority so I just ignored that one issue.
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 12:43   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

How accurate is the Fuel Efficiency readout on the MID in the new Swift?

My petrol VXI shows a mileage hovering between 12.5 kpl (in peak evening traffic) and 16.5 kpl when I am going to office early morning (8 am/ sparse traffic). I have not yet done a manual tank full check yet, since my engine is still very new (just about 2.5k kms done), and I expect the FE to improve in the coming 3-5 k kms.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:48   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Guys,

How accurate is the Fuel Efficiency readout on the MID in the new Swift?

My petrol VXI shows a mileage hovering between 12.5 kpl (in peak evening traffic) and 16.5 kpl when I am going to office early morning (8 am/ sparse traffic). I have not yet done a manual tank full check yet, since my engine is still very new (just about 2.5k kms done), and I expect the FE to improve in the coming 3-5 k kms.
Are you talking about the 'average' reading or the 'instantaneous' one ?

I'm asking because the average one can't be changing so fast - I don;t know what the algorithm is, but i'm guessing it's some kind of average over 200+ kms. Inside the city, my average reading (ZXi) generallyy shows ~14 kmpl, and when i measured at the pump i got ~12.5 kmpl. After a long drive (700 kms), the average went up to 15 kmpl (yes, i was bit disappointed with that).

The instantaneous of course swings based on traffic conditions - I have seen it reach a max of 30 kmpl, when driving smoothly on 5th gear (surprisingly, sometimes even on lower gears in not-ideal traffic conditions).
Old 30th April 2012, 14:34   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Are you talking about the 'average' reading or the 'instantaneous' one ?

I am assuming this is the instantaneous reading. Actually, I have not played around with the MID much- I just happened to press the toggle switch and the screen which came up showed "range" on top and "fuel consumption" immediately below.

Is there a specific way to get the average FE reading on the MID? I guess this would give a more accurate figure.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 15:20   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
I am assuming this is the instantaneous reading. Actually, I have not played around with the MID much- I just happened to press the toggle switch and the screen which came up showed "range" on top and "fuel consumption" immediately below.

Is there a specific way to get the average FE reading on the MID? I guess this would give a more accurate figure.
I don't recall the exact UI, but keep toggling the switch on the right-side and you'll get screens like 'average', 'range' etc. I dont remember range and fuel consumption being on same screen.
akj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 12:55   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I faced the same Dilemma. I was looking for zerro Dep but the dealer was hell bent on this issue saying Sir that is the only area we are getting our margins etc. Finally opted for Bajaj Allianz. Quote I was getting was around 10% lower than what as one dealer was offering. Royal Sunderam was 40% discount. But I got some freebies instead. Foot Mats, Full floor matting, leather steering cover. Getting the car was a priority so I just ignored that one issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Not sure about the deal (others from NCR can advise). Regd. Insurance, you can definitely get it done on your own from outside - I also went with Tata-AIG to get a 0% depreciation policy. The SA was unhappy, but i explained to him the features and that i am going to pay more than what Maruti insurance costs
Thanks to above advise.
Just a brief update on my scenario, yesterday shot an email to Maruti Customer Care and today the SA called up apologizing and changing his stance to "Sir you can get it done from outside " . Additionally he has requested me to send a reply to Maruti CC stating that my mail to them was a query and not a complain . As long as my work is getting done and SA is falling in line I didint refuse. Guess pen still remains to be mightier than a nuke
kartik.virmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 16:34   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Thanks to above advise.
Just a brief update on my scenario, yesterday shot an email to Maruti Customer Care and today the SA called up apologizing and changing his stance to "Sir you can get it done from outside " .
Great to know this - it's also reassuring that Maruti responded promptly and resolved your concern. Best wishes for your new ride, drive safe
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:21   #1193
BHPian

A question regarding the ACC in new swift.

I press the auto button for the ACC and it is supposed to start in full auto mode, according to the manual. But I have never seen the re-circulation mode and the blower mode (front, front+legs etc) getting toggled in auto mode. This is supposed to happen, according to the manual. Has anyone seen this happening?
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:30   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr

I press the auto button for the ACC and it is supposed to start in full auto mode, according to the manual. But I have never seen the re-circulation mode and the blower mode (front, front+legs etc) getting toggled in auto mode. This is supposed to happen, according to the manual. Has anyone seen this happening?
If you want the air circulation and the blower in auto mode as well, make sure that the blower mode control setting (front, front+legs) is on 'auto' as well; along with the ACC control knob in 'auto' mode.

It works.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:30   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post

Are you referring to toggling between recirculation & fresh air modes in full auto mode? Well, I haven't seen the "full" auto mode so far either. The fresh air mode could end up sucking a lot of unwanted stuff clogging the blower. The old Swift ZXi had this option and you had to manually select fresh air or recirc. mode once the ACC was on. I remember there were two modes - Full Auto A/C and Auto A/C. The full auto A/C mode would toggle the recirc/fresh air option, the auto A/C mode wouldn't.

The ACC in the new Swift is better in that sense, you can pre-select fresh air/recirc mode and then hit the Auto button and you are ready to go. Never used the front+legs blower option. It reduces the air throw from the main vents big time. As such, the side vents hardly throw any air.

Quote:

Just hit the knob on the right till you see avg. next to the FE readout. The instantaneous readout is hardly useful in city driving. It'll fluctuate big time. The avg FE is reasonably accurate. Last time I checked, the error was 0.7 kpl, previous 2 occasions the error was 2+. It depends on the fuel nozzle if you are engaging auto-cutoff. The cutoff varies from gas station to gas station, nozzle to nozzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
If you want the air circulation and the blower in auto mode as well, make sure that the blower mode control setting (front, front+legs) is on 'auto' as well; along with the ACC control knob in 'auto' mode.

It works.
Thanks for that tip. Will try that out.
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:39   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post

Just hit the knob on the right till you see avg. next to the FE readout. The instantaneous readout is hardly useful in city driving. It'll fluctuate big time. The avg FE is reasonably accurate.
Yup, got that, thanks. I find that my average fuel consumption is about 16.5. Even if I take a plus minus of 2kpl, thats about 14.5 kpl - which I think is pretty cool given the state of traffic in Bangalore! Plus the fact that its a brand new engine, run just about 2500 kms
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:52   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Guys finally finished my loan formalities after heavy negotiations and have got it approved. Yet to pay margin money. Car is set to arrive at dealers yard on monday or Tuesday. Probably delivery in next week. Oh boy I am so excited.

One question. Is there any rule that insurance has to be taken at dealer itself?. I am getting a quote of 2k less outside. The dealer persists that i take insurance with him. Back when i got my linea I had negotiated and got insurance from outside and the rule was to present insurance cover note on the day of registration.

One more thing dealer says the IDV insurance amount will be 5% less from actual ex show room price and it is a norm . Is it so?

Last edited by geeash : 2nd May 2012 at 17:53.
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:43   #1198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Guys finally finished my loan formalities after heavy negotiations and have got it approved. Yet to pay margin money. Car is set to arrive at dealers yard on monday or Tuesday. Probably delivery in next week. Oh boy I am so excited.

One question. Is there any rule that insurance has to be taken at dealer itself?. I am getting a quote of 2k less outside. The dealer persists that i take insurance with him. Back when i got my linea I had negotiated and got insurance from outside and the rule was to present insurance cover note on the day of registration.

One more thing dealer says the IDV insurance amount will be 5% less from actual ex show room price and it is a norm . Is it so?
There is no mandate that the insurance should be taken from the dealer unless you are getting free insurance.

The IDV can be at 100% or 5% lesser than the ex-showroom price. With the IDV at Ex-showroom price, the premium might be a bit more than @95%.
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:15   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13

Yup, got that, thanks. I find that my average fuel consumption is about 16.5. Even if I take a plus minus of 2kpl, thats about 14.5 kpl - which I think is pretty cool given the state of traffic in Bangalore! Plus the fact that its a brand new engine, run just about 2500 kms
Yup, those numbers are great for a petrol car. I have been seeing around 15-16 on the MID which translates to 14-15 by manual method. Pretty good considering traffic in Mumbai. Mine is diesel and done the same KMs as you have done.
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:17   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

It works.
I tried toggling all the modes for blower control, there is no mode called auto. It toggles between front, front+legs, legs and defrost + front IIRC. Do you have the new gen swift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Are you referring to toggling between recirculation & fresh air modes in full auto mode? Well, I haven't seen the "full" auto mode so far either. The fresh air mode could end up sucking a lot of unwanted stuff clogging the blower. The old Swift ZXi had this option and you had to manually select fresh air or recirc. mode once the ACC was on. I remember there were two modes - Full Auto A/C and Auto A/C. The full auto A/C mode would toggle the recirc/fresh air option, the auto A/C mode wouldn't.

The ACC in the new Swift is better in that sense, you can pre-select fresh air/recirc mode and then hit the Auto button and you are ready to go. Never used the front+legs blower option. It reduces the air throw from the main vents big time. As such, the side vents hardly throw any air.
I too feel this ACC is different from the old Zxi ones. I haven't ever seen a "full auto" mode yet in my ZDi. Isn't an ACC ideally supposed to measure the air quality inside and if needed go to the fresh air mode? Also the blower mode too seems to be manual now, even with ACC on. I find that a bit uncomfortable, since I occasionally toggle it during long drives.

I thought an ACC was supposed to do all these. And surprisingly, the manual says so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks