Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 07:45   #1126
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

it has been 4 months and there is no sign of my car anywhere?. i am pretty frustrated as my dealer is not even giving me a time frame of when i would get my car. they are telling me that they have not got a single zdi last month ( some abs/ brake booster shortage n crap)..........guys can you provide me a pointer on how i can proceed

The car is booked at vishnucars chennai.torque blue zdi
Old 5th April 2012, 14:29   #1127
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of the Blazing Swift (VXi) yesterday. All thanks to Team BHP members and the innumerable posts here which helped me to choose the right car and all checklists to get the car delivered without any hasles.

One query to fellow BHPians regarding Run-in period - Does the Swift have any run in period? The Sales guy said that there is no run-in period but I am not convinced since I had read it here somewhere in the previous posts. Also if they can reiterate the run in conditions to be maintained for sake of convenience to all (the conditions was mentioned quite a few pages back!)

Thanks and Happy swifting to all
Old 5th April 2012, 15:48   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Finally got the delivery of the Blazing Swift (VXi) yesterday. All thanks to Team BHP members and the innumerable posts here which helped me to choose the right car and all checklists to get the car delivered without any hasles.

One query to fellow BHPians regarding Run-in period - Does the Swift have any run in period? The Sales guy said that there is no run-in period but I am not convinced since I had read it here somewhere in the previous posts. Also if they can reiterate the run in conditions to be maintained for sake of convenience to all (the conditions was mentioned quite a few pages back!)

Thanks and Happy swifting to all
Congratulation! Upload some pics bro!

For Running in the car:

1. Read the manual

2. Dont drive for a long time while keeping the revs constant. Keep going high and low on the revs

3. Do not rev more than half the mid range of the tachometer for the first 1000 kms (If your engine redlines at 7000 rpms, dont go over 3500)

4. Dont lug the engine (Drive with the RPM too low). Always keep the RPM in acceptable range

5. Dont race the engine for atleast 1000 Kms

6. Keep increasing the rev range while driving gradually. Start by revving upto about 1800 rps for the first 250 kms, then to 2000, then 2300 etc. This is not mentioned anywhere but is a personal opinion and I feel it helps

7. Dont brake hard or suddenly for the first 500 kms. Something to do with the brakes settling in.

8. Read the manual again

Hope this helps!
Shome is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 18:16   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Probably there is an option to show temp in Celsius and Fahrenheit? The temperatures looks like Fahrenheit. 61F is 16C and 97F is 36C.
Today after the third service, my Swift ZDI is also displaying the temp in Fahrenheits, any idea about the option to change it back to celsius?
Old 6th April 2012, 19:35   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Why not directly email maruti with your booking details to see if they can help? They are usually pretty responsive to customer queries. I dont know from where they got this ABS/brake booster shortage story, I have been hearing this nonsense for more than 5 years now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
( some abs/ brake booster shortage n crap)..........guys can you provide me a pointer on how i can proceed

I'm fairly certain this is due to the battery terminals being reset during service. The MID units have to be configured again, your ownership manual should tell you the way to change this, did you check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Today after the third service, my Swift ZDI is also displaying the temp in Fahrenheits, any idea about the option to change it back to celsius?
Old 6th April 2012, 21:03   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr

I noticed that the hissing sound of fuel being pumped is pretty audible when the car gets hot after a long high speed drive. I just need to stand near the silencer and I can hear it. Again, reported to the SA, and we took a look under the car. The sound comes from the fuel tank and the SA says that this is normal in the new model swift, since the fuel filter is bigger than the previous gen. Has anyone else noticed this? You can hear this anytime by putting your ears near the silencer.
Is this sound audible only when you stand near the silencer? Or even when you are seated inside the car? I have heard about members complaining about the hissing noise but I have never heard this in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe
Guys from Mumbai and around, avoid servicing your beloved car at fort point thane, my relative's 6month old new swiftvdi was stolen from their workshop while it was given there for second service. Worst part is they are not taking up the responsibility . Hope they loose some business and realise what it means to loose something.
That is a shocker. Not sure if escalating the issue to Maruti directly will help. Surely your relative must have filed an FIR. Hope the car is found soon. It must be a terrible time for your relative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp
I to the dealer workshop to get a glimpse of my car before i get to bring her home. Couldnt stop feasting my eyes, and now even after having waited over 8 months for jazz and swift, i am finding it difficult to wait another day!

heres a glimpse
Wow. Congrats. Looks really good. All that JAZZ has paid off SWIFTly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV
Yesterday after the car was in the bright hot direct sun of Pune from morning till about 2 in the afternoon, when I got into the car & switched on the ac, there was a whirring sound from the left hand side vent area like that of an old laptop fan or that hand held fan which was real irritating at low speeds & even after i increased the speed of the fan/ac it still remained through out the about hour long drive.
It didn't happen in any of the later drives that day nor during the drive from Pune back to Mumbai. Anyone know the reason for such a sound? Should i get it checked immediately or wait for the 5k service?
Had a similar issue in my earlier ZXI caused due to recirculating mode left ON which resulted in foreign particles clogging the blower and causing a whirring sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Has anyone clocked 10K+ kms on the new Swift/Dzire? How is the interiors holding up? Any rattles so far ?
2200 km so far and no rattles. Had an issue with the A pillar panel incorrectly fitted during reverse parking sensors installation. This occasionally used to rattle. Not anymore after I got it fixed from the dealer. Build quality maybe only a notch better than the earlier generation Swift but fit and finish is vastly improved.
Old 6th April 2012, 21:03   #1132
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Congrats for your new car. What was the OTR Price, please provide breakup of the cost. Also post ownership review and more pics, if you can spare some time off the steering wheel.
Thanks Beast. OTR was 7.36 from Kollam/Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Congrats! It looks fabulous in white. Do get the mud flaps as soon as possible. They complete the looks of the rear.
Done will post new pics soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Congrats for the new car. Looks amazing in white.

I certainly doubt, but by any chance did you get any freebies from the dealer?
No way. Not even mudflap or floor mat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Went to the dealer workshop to get a glimpse of my car before i get to bring her home. Couldnt stop feasting my eyes, and now even after having waited over 8 months for jazz and swift, i am finding it difficult to wait another day!

heres a glimpse
Congrats Funky. Its an amazing color

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Has anyone clocked 10K+ kms on the new Swift/Dzire? How is the interiors holding up? Any rattles so far ?
I completed 1200K Km till now.
No rattling so far. I had driven carefully. Avoided potholes and slow down at speed breakers as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
it has been 4 months and there is no sign of my car anywhere?. i am pretty frustrated as my dealer is not even giving me a time frame of when i would get my car. they are telling me that they have not got a single zdi last month ( some abs/ brake booster shortage n crap)..........guys can you provide me a pointer on how i can proceed

As a first level contact your area office and speak with the sales department. If you are not getting any reply or not satisfied, send mail to maruti.

I had completed first service today. Cost was a big 0
Only issue i had was gearshift not so smooth. I need to bring the liver to the slot and push a bit to engage gear. Is it so for others?
So much worried to take the car out because of the mad traffic in city.

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2012 at 11:50. Reason: Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.
Old 7th April 2012, 17:56   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Is this sound audible only when you stand near the silencer? Or even when you are seated inside the car? I have heard about members complaining about the hissing noise but I have never heard this in my car.
It is audible inside the car as well, if I roll down the windows and drive inside my apartment parking lot after a spirited/long drive. The service advisor told me it is normal for new swifts, I need to check if this is the same case with an other swift.

Quote:
I had completed first service today. Cost was a big 0
Only issue i had was gearshift not so smooth. I need to bring the liver to the slot and push a bit to engage gear. Is it so for others?
So much worried to take the car out because of the mad traffic in city.
They really don't do anything for the first service, except for a car wash and fluid top-up. I too got -0- bill for my first service, and I was in their workshop the whole time watching what they are doing. I have no complaints about gearshifts, except for a slight difficulty when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Take her out often, you'll get used to the traffic

I'm in the middle of yet another bangalore-cochin trip, and my odo reads 2700 now. I've started taking her to 3000+ rpms and touched 140 for a brief time in NH7.

Regarding the FE, I get between 13-14 in bumper-bumper city traffic (read Koramangla <-> MG road everyday during office hours), with some occasional night drives, ORR/EC flyover rides I see 14-15. In highway if driven sedately (less than 120kmph) I get 20+ and spirited highway drives give me 18-20. All readings from MID, but I've verified in a couple of occasions, it is almost accurate. Though FE largely depends on driving style, is this in lines with what everyone else see?

Last edited by jingaboysr : 7th April 2012 at 17:58.
jingaboysr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 18:38   #1134
BHPian

Thanks for the reply Jingaboy. I haven't driven other swifts, So cannot compare it with other cars. My friend who driven my car told that its smooth. So it may not be a problem.
My MID was showing 30 when it was on highway. speed was 70-80. For a 700 KM trip i had to fill diesel for 1400.
I went for 3M sun-film and under-body coating from 3M Car Care HSR layout. I had plan to do only under body coating from them and sun film from outside. But the prices i got from outside was more compared to 3M Car Care. So finally decided to go for both from #m Car Care. The care they are given to do things was worth the money spent. All workers were trained by 3M directly. I would recommend this place for any car detailing work.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc00153.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc00154.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc00155.jpg  

Last edited by devil_klm : 7th April 2012 at 18:42.
devil_klm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 22:41   #1135
BHPian

Did the first long drive in our new Swift this weekend (B'lore - Chikmaglur). Great car to drive on highway, had fun driving and the down-shifting+overtaking was effortless in the no-divider sections. Was comfortably cruising in the 4-lane NH sections.

Seats are very comfortable for a long drive, i felt no discomfort. Used to have some under-thigh pain in the Corsa after a couple of hours. A/C was also on throughout and effective in the hot afternoon sun.

Am very happy with this little beauty - just wished it had bit more boot space !
Old 8th April 2012, 23:42   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
Hey Turbokick, thanks for the appreciation . It seems like we couldn’t decide between the two and bought both of them. However, jokes apart, we bought them because we needed two diesel cars and Maruti and Hyundai have dealers and A$$ closest to our residence. My observations on some major points:

This is what I could recall and put in without going completely OT. Do ask if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer them.
Wow. That was very informative and useful. I infact argue to go ahead and start a new thread dedicated to your ownership experience with both the cars side by side and that will help the potential costumers !

Personally I would like to ask you which engine between the two would your rate superior in overall terms.
Do you think that by sorting out the gear ratios can make the i20 crdi a much better performer ?
And how would you rate the NVH levels of both cars (engine,suspension and road noise included)

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th April 2012, 18:31   #1137
Senior - BHPian

all new Swift Zdi owners

Can anyone of you please post the breakup of the On road price of Swift Zdi in Delhi NCR ?/

thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 20:15   #1138
Senior - BHPian

All,

Does MGA have front power windows for the Swift LXi/LDi versions? Has anyone tried it?
Old 10th April 2012, 20:43   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
All,

Does MGA have front power windows for the Swift LXi/LDi versions? Has anyone tried it?
I believe they have it. Usually Nippon is their associated brand. But why? I suggest you get it done from Auto cop for better rates. Those are pretty much used by all aftermarket shops. Plus if you add key less entry also from autocop, you can activate some extra features like auto close of all windows on remote locking of doors & reverse horn + indicators ON for reverse gear etc. I would any day go for Autocop than using MGA!

Edit:: I have heard a lot of stories of power windows damage - even factory fitted ones. I have been using my Swift for 3.5 years and never had a problem except once. The key to preventing the damage is by operating all power windows atleast once in a day! The one issues I had was when I left the car with my BIL & the rear windows were not operated for almost one month leading a jam which got corrected after 10-15 tries! If you don't open & close your power windows, it's bound to be jammed!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th April 2012 at 20:52. Reason: Added "Edit" portion!
Old 10th April 2012, 23:47   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
My observations on some major points
Your observations are spot on Freewheelin_KD. You got a very good feel for cars.

Yes, I can also feel engine vibration on the clutch pedal. I took the car to MASS and they say its normal and is there on every new Swift D.

They asked me to feel the clutch pedal of a brand new DZire ZDi at idle and even it had the same. It is a concern and I am very curious as to why it is so. I read even the Rapid TDi has clutch pedal vibration.

And our car has done 7500 KM and no rattles so far. The car is bone stock. I think the better ride and longer suspension travel of the new Swift also helps here.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks