Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 22:31   #991
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

8-9 months from different dealers. VDI is having lesser 4-5 months now.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 22:52   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
8-9 months from different dealers. VDI is having lesser 4-5 months now.
Whoa!! that's too bad, 8-9 months is a long one. Which is the best dealer in Banglaore? I could try Pratam motors on ORR but apart from Pratam any other good dealers?
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:35   #993
BHPian

As per the sales chart posted, Maruti had sold 92317 Swift from sep. Including Aug approximately 1Lk. So by this time they had to clear the 1LK backlog. But still there are many waiting for their cars. Is there any one still waiting for VDI who booked around august 2011? Those who ZDIs are still waiting due to low productions.
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:38   #994
BHPian

Looks like Maruti is clearing the swift backlogs, at least VDis. Just today I was offered a blue VDi , readily available. But I stuck to my ZDi dream!

A friend of mine got a call today confirming delivery of her VDi, 2 weeks flat after booking.

If only Maruti produced more ZDis
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:32   #995
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Those who ZDIs are still waiting due to low productions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
If only Maruti produced more ZDis
I just HATE this attitude from Maruti! People who book their flagship versions have to suffer while others easily get their car weeks after booking.

Even after waiting 5 1/2 months for their flagship hatch, the dealers only have one thing to say - if you want VDi, we can deliver. The SE even laughed at me when i told i wanted the ZDi because of the poor brakes on the VDi.
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:46   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even after waiting 5 1/2 months for their flagship hatch,
Worst part, people who pay premium to the dealers are getting their ZDis with in 10-15 days after booking..
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:49   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso View Post
Worst part, people who pay premium to the dealers are getting their ZDis with in 10-15 days after booking..
What's the premium they pay? That's not good, people waiting for months together and others just get the car through the back door? Can't we complain this to Maruti?
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:52   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
What's the premium they pay?
2 instances that I am aware of, a colleague paid 10K, and another friend paid 12.5K. I find it highly unethical and irritating to the highest degree.
Mind you, both of em got the car with in 2 weeks..

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd March 2012 at 20:26. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:54   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. You seems to be the first guy got ZDI within a month of booking. I have been successfully entered 7th month of waiting. Did you got the color you preferred?
Sorry to have jumped the gun. The sales guy called yesterday saying there had been some confusion and it was not my car that had been dispatched! i am back to the waiting
Old 2nd March 2012, 19:57   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
2 instances that I am aware of, a colleague paid 10K, and another friend paid 12.5K. I find it highly unethical and irritating to the highest degree. Mind you, both of em got the car with in 2 weeks..
Find out from which dealer they got the car through back door and let's report this to Maruti.
Old 2nd March 2012, 20:49   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I just HATE this attitude from Maruti! People who book their flagship versions have to suffer while others easily get their car weeks after booking.

Even after waiting 5 1/2 months for their flagship hatch, the dealers only have one thing to say - if you want VDi, we can deliver. The SE even laughed at me when i told i wanted the ZDi because of the poor brakes on the VDi.
Brake issue is something many are not aware of. VDI id the golden goose for maruti. One more reason for less production of ZDI can be low availability of ABS units. Previous gen VDI abs also had a long waiting period due to this i think. So when you are getting your punto?

Quote:
What's the premium they pay?
Quote:
2 instances that I am aware of, a colleague paid 10K, and another friend paid 12.5K. I find it highly unethical and irritating to the highest degree.
Happening everywhere. Indirectly got a news about my dealership that a senior manager who booked ZDI got it within 4 months during the strike in plant.

Quote:
Find out from which dealer they got the car through back door and let's report this to Maruti.
Do it only if it is safe for you and your friend. I had sent a mail to maruti about when i can get my car as i waited almost 6 months and i wanted my car before budget. It had been taken as a complaint against my dealership. Got a call from dealer next day. They are saying the waiting period was 9 months at time of booking, so cannot give the car now and they will try level best to get it before budget and offered me a VDI. And the end result(Indirect news from my friend who came to know about this. Dont know if its true or not), Dealership took a decision not to give my car even if they receive it before budget. But i got a call after that asking about a silver ZDI. I rejected and given my color preferences as white, black or red. Still waiting . If govt approves green tax in this budget i will cancel it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd March 2012 at 00:30. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:00   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know to what extent dealers can do this, because I got a call twice from Maruti confirming that if car has been sold to me only confirming some other details.
I consider myself lucky to get ZDI in flat 4 months and that too with color of my choice.
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:07   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Swift ZDi - near perfect vehicle for maddening city traffic and soaring petrol prices.
So unfortunate that for a 6 ft driver, it doesn't make the cut :(

The shin area of the left leg keeps hitting the plastic below the steering. How has Maruti made this design blunder. Give me the crying smiley. :-(
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:51   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within

I don't know to what extent dealers can do this, because I got a call twice from Maruti confirming that if car has been sold to me only confirming some other details.
I consider myself lucky to get ZDI in flat 4 months and that too with color of my choice.
Me too booked it on 11.11.11 and my baby was with me on 10.2.12 no underhand dealings .white zdi is the one which I see the most. Funkykp what's our status now??
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:01   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Me too booked it on 11.11.11 and my baby was with me on 10.2.12 no underhand dealings .white zdi is the one which I see the most. Funkykp what's our status now??
if you are talking about my 'to be delivered Zdi' well like i mentioned in my post earlier, i jumped the gun. The sales guy had made a mistake and it was actually someone else's car. i will still be waiting.

Although this delay is making me think of going back to the Jazz again!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks