Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:02   #1006
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I just HATE this attitude from Maruti! People who book their flagship versions have to suffer while others easily get their car weeks after booking.
+1 to this. The dealers make it sound like booking a ZDi is a criminal thing to do. Maruti only adds to it by making the wait painfully long, not to mention the inconsistencies in delivery dates depending on where you stay.

Maruti should get its act together on delivering cars in a reasonable timeframe. Having excellent cars, with never ending waiting period doesn't make sense.
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:19   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
+1 to this. The dealers make it sound like booking a ZDi is a criminal thing to do. Maruti only adds to it by making the wait painfully long, not to mention the inconsistencies in delivery dates depending on where you stay.
I was speaking to the sales manager at the showroom, where he consistently tried to push me for a VDi. i obviously turned it down, but asked him why the waiting periods were so high for the ZDi model vis a vis the VDi.

He told me it was due to shortage of ABS kits rather than anything else. i dont know how true that it, but that the reason the dealer is giving.
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:54   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I was speaking to the sales manager at the showroom, where he consistently tried to push me for a VDi. i obviously turned it down, but asked him why the waiting periods were so high for the ZDi model vis a vis the VDi.

He told me it was due to shortage of ABS kits rather than anything else. i dont know how true that it, but that the reason the dealer is giving.
I am in the same boat and the dealer was complaining that he had not received even one ZDI this Feb. Even Ritz VDI ABS seems to have a long waiting time. Couple of other dealers that I spoke to also said that ABS is causing the delay as it has to be imported.

Finally have booked a Ritz VDI ABS which is in transit from Gurgoan to Chennai in addition to my Swift ZDI booking. Will take a call around March 20th on what booking to cancel.
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:48   #1009
BANNED

I might as well cancel my ZDI booking. 2 price hikes and 3rd expected post-budget it has been long wait since Sept 25th 2011. I wonder will it be worth the money after the increase in price after the budget! But what are my options? Don't see many worth a while. May be I'll continue with my 2007 Wagon R, still in excellent condition, and will start the hunt once more after 2/3 years. May be I'll have more options then.
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:59   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I am in the same boat and the dealer was complaining that he had not received even one ZDI this Feb. Even Ritz VDI ABS seems to have a long waiting time. Couple of other dealers that I spoke to also said that ABS is causing the delay as it has to be imported.
So thats it. ABS is the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
I might as well cancel my ZDI booking. 2 price hikes and 3rd expected post-budget it has been long wait since Sept 25th 2011. I wonder will it be worth the money after the increase in price after the budget! But what are my options? Don't see many worth a while
Same here. when i booked the price was 7.04 and it is around 7.35 . In budget we can expect excise duty and green tax. In that case we are fooled by waiting for around 7 months.
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:08   #1011
BHPian

I have booked a Maruti Swift ZDI in the month of November 2011. I hope to get delivery sometime in the next six months, fingers crossed. When I get delivery I intend to put some orginal, Maruti fitted accessories on my new car. One of those being the Styling kit, which consists of the Front Underbody Spoiler, Rear Underbody Spoiler, Rear Upper Spoiler and the Side Underbody Spoiler. Generally reading through many of the threads on this forum I find that no mention is made of anyone having fitted these particular accessories.

What I would like to know is if anybody has got this Styling Kit fitted on their Maruti Swift and if so has it been a success, as I feel that it may enhance the look of this smart vehicle. On the other hand one does not want to part with their hard earned money if it is going to hamper normal use. My main concern is that the Side Underbody spoilers scrape speed breakers and speed humps, causing damage to the vehicle and if this is going to happen, I would rather not fit the kit. If anybody has got any feedback on this I would much appreciate if they could share it with me.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:58   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
So thats it. ABS is the culprit.
ABS always had a long waiting period. It was the same case when I bought my VDi ABS in 2008 as well.

Quote:
May be I'll continue with my 2007 Wagon R, still in excellent condition, and will start the hunt once more after 2/3 years. May be I'll have more options then.
May be you could look at a SUV at that time. Save up for it!
Old 5th March 2012, 12:00   #1013
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
May be you could look at a SUV at that time. Save up for it!
SUV... But where will I find the space to park! Hatchback simply has no substitute for a person like me who covers 65-70 km every day and visits 3 offices, each one with its own share of parking woes. But wouldn't you agree that ZDI has become too expensive for things it offers?
Old 5th March 2012, 18:34   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But wouldn't you agree that ZDI has become too expensive for things it offers?
Completely! That's one of the reasons why I have started suggesting bhpians for other products. If the diesel tax is implemented, I feel that will hit the nail on its coffin!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 20:11   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Completely! That's one of the reasons why I have started suggesting bhpians for other products. If the diesel tax is implemented, I feel that will hit the nail on its coffin!
What I feel like is, Maruti will/can absorb some of the diesel tax if ever implemented incase of Swift.
So the price hike mightnot be as substantional as incase of some other cars.

There will always be a saturation point in terms of value for every car (Think of Honda City, how it suffered last year.) If the Swift exceeds that point then people will definitely look for other options including the likes of Vista,i20 or even Micra.
Old 5th March 2012, 20:20   #1016
BHPian

^^ But think on the other way also. Once green tax is implemented, price of all diesel cars will be up by a minimum of 1LK. So someone who had a plan to buy a car will start looking at base models of diesel or go for petrol. Demand for diesel cars may hit slightly but not to a big extend. Your thoughts?
Old 5th March 2012, 20:50   #1017
Senior - BHPian

This was the reason quoted for the earlier generation swift, I fell for it too. However, I dont think there is any truth to this statement, who is the manufacturer of ABS units for the swift? By all probabilities it will be bosch and I dont understand what this hoopla about importing/demand/short supply etc. The other manufacturers arent having any issues sourcing ABS units , so why should maruti?

I strongly beleive maruti's margins are better on VDI and hence they concentrate more on manufacturing VDI's rather than ZDI's. Period.

Quote:
ABS always had a long waiting period. It was the same case when I bought my VDi ABS in 2008 as well.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 20:55   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

I strongly beleive maruti's margins are better on VDI and hence they concentrate more on manufacturing VDI's rather than ZDI's. Period.
While i agree with you that ABS reason being cited for the delay in ZDi production may not be correct, i beg to differ the the VDi margin part.

It is clear that VDi is the most value for money in the swift range. the additional stuff that you get in the ZDi is not really worth the premium you pay for it.

I for one would have definitely take the VDi if it had the option for airbag and abs.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:01   #1019
BHPian

There is no denying from the fact that if the price of diesel cars go that high (say 50Ks or more) people will have a relook at their running schedule. Obviously there will be a drop in demand for diesel cars.
Yes,people might opt for lower variants and in the process the manufacturers might introduce newer variants like :

Swift VDi ABS with alloys,wider tyres etc
Reintroduction of i20 CRDi era version
Bare basic variant of Micra DCi
And so on.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:10   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While i agree with you that ABS reason being cited for the delay in ZDi production may not be correct, i beg to differ the the VDi margin part.

It is clear that VDi is the most value for money in the swift range. the additional stuff that you get in the ZDi is not really worth the premium you pay for it.
How is 'V' better value? For almost 77K (ex-showroom), you get the following in the Z over the V.
  1. ABS+Airbags+EBD
  2. Brake Assist (If this the booster, and if the L/V doesn't have it, that's just too bad)
  3. Seat belt pre-tensioner + Seat belt Height adjust for driver, front passenger
  4. Driver seat height adjust
  5. 5 Alloys + bigger tyres
  6. Outside temp. display
  7. 6 speaker Audio system with steering controls
  8. Electromagnetic Boot opener (Yeah, MSIL should have ideally given the button on the dash though.)
  9. Rear wash/ wipe + defogger
  10. ACC
Quote:
I for one would have definitely take the VDi if it had the option for airbag and abs.
Absolutely agree. Having safety kit in a car should be the right of a customer, even on the lower variants.

Last edited by deetjohn : 5th March 2012 at 21:14. Reason: Adding text.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks