Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 22:42   #2506
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic.dwarf View Post
I am about to book the new Swift Zxi, and plan to take delivery by the end of 2nd week of next month preferably on the auspicious day of vishu. The color is fire red. Can someone please suggest accessory shops in and around Trivandrum from where I can get seat covers done for my car.
Look at MGA stores at the Maruti dealership for a hassle free fitment. Do try and ask them if any modifications is possible in that pattern.

Else if you go the aftermarket way expect it to be between 7-9K.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 22:42   #2507
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Look at MGA stores at the Maruti dealership for a hassle free fitment. Do try and ask them if any modifications is possible in that pattern.

Else if you go the aftermarket way expect it to be between 7-9K.
Thanks Anuraag. I have asked my dealership to send me designs of MGA seat covers. They will be sending it tomorrow. But I am not impressed by the designs that I have found online. Thats why I wanted to go and get it custom made for me, sadly I don't know from where I can get in done?
Old 31st March 2015, 07:58   #2508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anuraag. I have asked my dealership to send me designs of MGA seat covers. They will be sending it tomorrow. But I am not impressed by the designs that I have found online. Thats why I wanted to go and get it custom made for me, sadly I don't know from where I can get in done?
I would recommend not to waste money on seat covers for the Swift. The stock one in all black looks nice, is very comfortable and is of good quality. We retained them for our Swift and it served us well for the whole of 3 years. There wasn't any tear or lint formation and it looked good throughout.

Moreover, I think fabric suits the humid conditions of Kerala better.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 02:43   #2509
BHPian

I have been waiting for the Jazz since last 1 year and am just about running out of patience. The launch of the mildly facelifted swift added impetus to it. I want a fully loaded diesel hatch for urban use in and around Delhi. The car is for a college student so luggage space is not s priority. My son is 6'3" and currently uses a wagon R so I want a car in which he can be comfortable. The swift zdi cost 8L+ for a 4yr old model. Should I wait for the jazz or just buy the swift and get it over with.
Old 1st April 2015, 21:52   #2510
BHPian

Finally.. The booking is done for a Fire red Swift ZXi. Expecting delivery in 2 weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20150401_205726.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2015, 08:36   #2511

Congrats on the buy. I'm also planning to buy the car (same model and color) in May. Looking forward to your initial ownership review.
social3047 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:10   #2512
BANNED

Quote:
Finally.. The booking is done for a Fire red Swift ZXi. Expecting delivery in 2 weeks.
Congratulations on the booking.

Would you mind sharing the details of the deal offered to you asking with the freebies etc etc. Thanks.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:55   #2513
BHPian

Took delivery of my Swift Zxi a month back. Clocked 877 kms in exactly a month.

Got the 1st free service done today. Insisted and got the engine oil, oil filter changed. Additionally asked them to double check the gear oil, coolant, wiper fluid, brake fluid level and top up if required. The engine mount, suspension and wheel nuts were tightened using torque wrench.

The car feels better to drive now.
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:49   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by social3047 View Post
Congrats on the buy.
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations on the booking.

Would you mind sharing the details of the deal offered to you asking with the freebies etc etc. Thanks.
Well, I have visited 5 different maruti dealerships here. No one among them was giving any offer for the petrol models. Talking about freebies, the basic accessories, ie, mudflaps, steering wheel grips(art leather), side beadings, door visors and body covers will be given by them. I will update about the financial details about the deal after I make the final payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Took delivery of my Swift Zxi a month back. Clocked 877 kms in exactly a month.
Congrats on your purchase Motormania, Since I haven't come across any ownership reviews of the new Swift ZXi, I was hoping mine would be the first one here. I have a request, Can u please post interiors and the key's photos in detail. Sadly there was no ZXi or ZDi variant at any of the dealerships and I am yet to see what everything actually looks like. The photos available all over the internet are all processed ones.

Last edited by magic.dwarf : 2nd April 2015 at 17:56.
Old 6th May 2015, 18:39   #2515
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift AMT in progress.

True to being a leader and increasing market share Maruti Suzuki begins work on Swift AMT, and yes it will be on the Diesel Swift. Swift Dzire too would follow.The only constraint of the AMT releases for the WagonR and Swift will be the manufacturer -Magneti Mirelli who is looking to enhance the production capacity.

http://motoroctane.com/news/13027-ma...rk-in-progress

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th May 2015 at 18:40.
Old 6th May 2015, 20:21   #2516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Swift AMT in progress.

True to being a leader and increasing market share Maruti Suzuki begins work on Swift AMT, and yes it will be on the Diesel Swift. Swift Dzire too would follow.The only constraint of the AMT releases for the WagonR and Swift will be the manufacturer -Magneti Mirelli who is looking to enhance the production capacity.
Now that is some news for future customers.

Magneti Marelli "have" to rack up production to keep numbers flowing-in.

Now Maruti had to prioritize on which card to get the AMT as waiting period so be long for the cars.

I can see WagonR, Swift getting AMT apart from Celerio and Alto K10. Already there is a waiting of 2 to 3 months for Alto K10 and Celerio.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:33   #2517
BHPian

Is it common in a Petrol Swift that whenever AC is switched on, a loud hissing noise is heard outside. Nothing much can be felt inside the cabin maybe due to the fact the car has good under the bonnet insulation. But yes if one is standing outside, the sound is similar of a leaking gas and lasts for around a second or a couple.
There is no problem in the effectiveness of AC as such but our WagonR do not produce such type of noise.
Old 19th May 2015, 13:40   #2518
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Is it common in a Petrol Swift that whenever AC is switched on, a loud hissing noise is heard outside.
Could be belt noise that your hearing or may be something is stuck in the fan that's making that sound or the fan itself.
Old 19th May 2015, 16:23   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Is it common in a Petrol Swift that whenever AC is switched on, a loud hissing noise is heard outside.
I have heard the same noise in my brother's petrol swift. It sounds like some valve opening as far as I can tell
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:00   #2520
Senior - BHPian

As I am not very satisfied with my Grand i10, test drove the Swift.

Petrol version I drove was lxi. But found the brakes to be very, very poor. Reminded me of my Bajaj Caliber with drum brakes. Mid range of new Swift is flat, top end is fair enough.
It felt as if the engine was literally starving to get more fuel, but that is how they have tuned even the K14B in Ciaz.
What concerns me is brakes.
The car I drove had done only 4.8 kms., and this could be a parameter as even the tyres would not have run in.
Can anybody confirm the brake feel and performance on non ABS models ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks