Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:04   #2596
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Thanks a lot DCEite and rockporiom for your valuable feedback. The figures of 12.8-13 kmpl are shown in city traffic with the AC put to Auto. The car has run for only 105 kms. But I don't know why the Maruti people told that I should get easily 15-16 kmpl in the city for the Swift petrol

Last edited by pranjal1984 : 3rd August 2015 at 22:05. Reason: additional info
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:06   #2597
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
My new Swift ZXI is returning mileage figures of only around 13 kmpl inside the city.
Don't worry, you'll achieve that figure post some running-in. Give that engine some time to bed in correctly. Expect improvement in Average FE after 1500 kms.

Maintain the right tyre pressure, upshift, lesser and unnecessary idling will make the FE figures better day by day.

Don't worry much about it now, enjoy the car.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 22:54   #2598
Senior - BHPian

My Swift has completed 450 kms in 16 days. This is apart from my Wagon R usage.
Now, this is not necessary for others to face, but here is what I had gone through :
Took Swift on highway on 07-July-2015 just for a drive with friend. Kept the speed between 70-80 kmph. After 75 kmph, there was a vibration in the car, as if one wheel had some irregularity in surface and others were fine.
Did the same drive today and found the issue to be less in intensity at similar speeds.

On return journey, visited a tyre-wallah. Instead of 33 PSI, the air pressure in all tyres was 45+!
Yes, literally that much. It was on the edge I believe, could have lead to a damaged tyre of tyre simply giving off under pressure. 45+ in each tyre after 16 days of ownership. Never once did I check the tyre pressure after taking delivery of car.

After tyre pressure was reduced the tyre roar is now reduced drastically. Ride quality seems even better. It was my error that I did not check tyre pressure. I will again hit the highway tomorrow and will post update.

A note to all BHP-ians : Irrespective of brand, make sure that as soon as fuel is filled up after taking delivery of car, check tyre pressure at once.

On engine front, I am maintaining below 2500 rpm as of now. FE is around 15.4 which is not bad at all.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th August 2015 at 22:57.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 23:01   #2599
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Yes, literally that much. It was on the edge I believe, could have lead to a damaged tyre of tyre simply giving off under pressure.
Nothing new Sir. Check my Swift ownership thread and Alto K10 AMT ownership thread.

The K10 that I took delivery had 51psi in 4 tyres.

I urge all BHPians and their family / friends to have this point in mind to check before it after taking delivery. A very risky parameter and most ignored by many.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 08:01   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
A note to all BHP-ians : Irrespective of brand, make sure that as soon as fuel is filled up after taking delivery of car, check tyre pressure at once.
I am quoting this from our PDI check list :

Quote:
8. Somehow, most new cars are delivered with over-inflated tyres by the showroom. Check the tyre pressure and make the necessary adjustments.
It's really strange that almost all the dealers are not inflating to correct tyre pressure during delivery.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 17th August 2015 at 08:30.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 19:09   #2601
BHPian

My swift had 39-42psi on all four tyres on the day of delivery. I immediately reduced to 29 psi on all four wheels the very next day when we took it for pooja as per tyre pressure chart for 15 inch wheels
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 08:59   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I urge all BHPians and their family / friends to have this point in mind to check before it after taking delivery. A very risky parameter and most ignored by many.
That is a must. There are chances of permanent damage to tyre given the horrible over inflation.

Today morning, the odo reads 548 kms.
Did the highway drive after reducing tyre pressure. The vibration and shaking is still there, though reduced.
But doing the same speed on other roads did not reveal any vibration/shaking. Tried it on other roads ( outskirts of city ) and found it OK.

I hope the things are sorted out now. Awaiting a long drive on 23rd when most probably I will be going to Surat.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th August 2015 at 09:01.
Old 23rd August 2015, 15:06   #2603
BHPian

Finally gave my Swift ZXI for 1st free service at Bimal Guwahati. Got a bill of Rs 405/- which includes distilled water, wiper fluid and Installation of Air Filter. I am not very much convinced about the cost of the new air filter. Why air filter should be changed at 654 kms running after only 1 month of purchase? The service advisor said that the car doesn't come with air filter and it is installed in first free service. Can anyone guide please?

Last edited by pranjal1984 : 23rd August 2015 at 15:07.
Old 23rd August 2015, 15:31   #2604
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Finally gave my Swift ZXI for 1st free service at Bimal Guwahati. Got a bill of Rs 405/- which includes distilled water, wiper fluid and Installation of Air Filter. I am not very much convinced about the cost of the new air filter. Why air filter should be changed at 654 kms running after only 1 month of purchase? The service advisor said that the car doesn't come with air filter and it is installed in first free service.
There are two air filters:

1) Engine air filter - Located in the engine bay

2) Cabin Air filter - Located under the dashboard behind the glove box.

What they would have done is added the Cabin air filter costing Rs 305. This is to filter the air coming and being sent to the A/C.

Do post a snap of the bill. Thanks.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:00   #2605
Senior - BHPian

My car broke down a few days ago.

Driver complained of a wonky clutch sometime around 5 pm,and around 7 when we were getting ready to leave the clutch had just sunk in.
Called in for assistance and the car was in service station soon.
They diagnosed it as a clutch releaser bearing failure and recommended a clutch change, flywheel can be used is what they said and also mentioned its quite common.

Is this issue really so common ? Scary part was I didn't get any hint of failure before it happened.
Also should I get the flywheel changed too ?
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:08   #2606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Is this issue really so common ? Scary part was I didn't get any hint of failure before it happened.
Also should I get the flywheel changed too ?
I have heard of clutch judder/vibration but not clutch release bearing failures. They aren't common.

This is my post on the same clutch judder subject:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3717995

Do visit MASS and get hold of the older parts and see the condition and ask the reasons. Ask them to check the condition of the flywheel, if it is fine just replace the clutch set.

Ideally speaking - clutch plates, clutch release bearing and flywheel just be changed at one go for correct bedding - in process.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 23:23   #2607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard of clutch judder/vibration but not clutch release bearing failures.

Ideally speaking - clutch plates, clutch release bearing and flywheel just be changed at one go for correct bedding - in process.
Yes that's what I'm concerned about. The SA however was quite confident and borderline refused to even consider a flywheel change.

I don't want to open the gearbox a year later to get it changed.

I felt it was common as the SA sounded pretty casual when he mentioned it.
Old 24th August 2015, 01:59   #2608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Driver complained of a wonky clutch sometime around 5 pm,and around 7 when we were getting ready to leave the clutch had just sunk in....?
Quote:
....I felt it was common as the SA sounded pretty casual when mentioned it.
How much has your car run? Secondly, if the car is out of warranty & the SA is confident, it could mean the part is actually fine. The SAs will never miss a chance to make some quick bucks, especially when there is a genuine opportunity.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 03:28   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that's what I'm concerned about. The SA however was quite confident and borderline refused to even consider a flywheel change.

I don't want to open the gearbox a year later to get it changed.

I felt it was common as the SA sounded pretty casual when he mentioned it.

Yes, don't bother about the flywheel if the SA is that confident just get the clutch set and the release bearing changed. I have done 90k kms on my swift without any of it being changed.
advaninilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 13:56   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
There are two air filters:

1) Engine air filter - Located in the engine bay

2) Cabin Air filter - Located under the dashboard behind the glove box.

What they would have done is added the Cabin air filter costing Rs 305. This is to filter the air coming and being sent to the A/C.

Do post a snap of the bill. Thanks.
You are right. They have charged 305 for cabin air filter and remaining 100 includes distilled water wiper fluid and Vat.Total bill is 405. Thanks for the clarification.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks