Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 13:54   #2731
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Call it bad luck, but my car Swift had a crash : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3992284
Oh man, that's bad! Glad that no body was hurt.
Don't worry, she'll be as good as new post the repair work and ready to munch some serious miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlack View Post
I gave my Swift ZDI for 60K service yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Swift Diesel Owner's Manual available at Maruti Suzuki website says:

Link: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/owners-manual.aspx

Looks like it is neither 40,000 nor 80,000 km, but 160,000 km / 10 years.
This 160000 kms change interval is for Type 2 Swift. But are they referring the Type 2 as the face lifted Swift which came with the Start\Stop button and had the redesigned bumper with fake DRL bezels below the fog lights.
Because I reckon they had done some weight saving and changes in powertrain and so the gear oil change interval is 160000 kms now for the face-lifted Swift only.
Posting a snap of Swift owners manual taken from the MS website.
Name:  ss.PNG
Views: 16329
Size:  50.2 KB

In my July 2014 Swift's owner manual, the figures are same as of Type 1. So mine is Type 1.
So I can assume the Type 2 is the facelifted Swift with the redesigned bumper.

MidnightBlack, if yours is Type 1, then 40k kms interval applies to you.

--------------------------------------------

Guys, since last couple of days or so I've been hearing a strange noise while starting my Swift Petrol.
The sound comes only while starting the car and is in perfect sync with the engine cranking sound and goes away as soon as the engine comes to life. The sound is very quit and is heard only when there is perfect silence around the car.
Planning to take it to MASS and hope the SA at least accepts hearing the same. Because I've noticed tht many times they simply don't accept these strange sounds and just brush it away.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 9th June 2016 at 13:59.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 14:13   #2732
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlack View Post
The service adviser said that now Maruti has changed the interval of Gear Oil to 40K and since I have to change only for 80K service. I want to make sure the SA is not making up the story because Gear Oil was out of stock or something.
The SA is absolutely right. He isn't bluffing. Though there is no official circular communication proof, here is an excerpt from another DDiS owner. Taken from Parag's Ertiga ownership log.

Quote:
Update on Transmission Fluid replacement Interval:

Not sure if someone has posted this in any of the other threads but MSIL has now confirmed Transmission Oil change interval from 20000 kms earlier to 40000 kms from now for all DDiS vehicles (Swift, Ritz, Dzire, SX4, Ertiga).

There was no circular that I can take a picture and post it here but from what I learnt, this is the latest communication to all the service centers.
Link to Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3467071

Also to support my post further, here are the bills of my Swift ZDi services done - 40K, 60K & 80K. Transmission oil ONLY changed at 40K and then at 80K. During the 20K, 60K service no transmission oil was changed.

40K service bill:
Name:  ForumRunner_20160609_141232.png
Views: 15807
Size:  192.6 KB

60K service bill:
Name:  ForumRunner_20160609_141240.png
Views: 15008
Size:  169.3 KB

80K service bill:
Name:  ForumRunner_20160609_141246.png
Views: 15428
Size:  162.6 KB

So don't worry about the SA bluffing about the interval. Enjoy the car.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th June 2016 at 14:16.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 19:17   #2733
BHPian

Maruti Petrol Engine Oil Grade Recommended is now 5W40

Guys, my June 2015 manufactured Swift VXi is due for its third service in the end of this month. I followed Maruti's recommendation and have not got the oil changed so far. I listened to the SA and agreed with the manufacturer's recommendation because I thought if the recommended viscosity is 0W20, it means that the tolerances of the K12 engine are so close that wear and tear during running in would be minimal. The car has now clocked over 7700 km.

I went to Motorcraft Service, sector 63, NOIDA to get to know what my options are.

Now that the first oil change is due, I have the following options:

1. Get Castrol Magnatec filled up from their drum supply. Semi synthetic oil should be OK if I decide to get the oil changed at every subsequent service.

2. Get Castrol Edge Professional filled up from the 4 litre cans they have in stock and get the oil changed at the recommended interval of 10k kilometres or every second service, whichever is earlier. Price Rs 1100 per litre.

What do you guys suggest?

Also, the SA insisted that the oil that is recommended for petrol engined Maruti cars is now of the viscosity index 5W40! I argued that the owner's manual says 0W20 is recommended and 5W30 is permitted. I also stated that there was a Maruti circular recommending 0W20. He straightaway whipped out his smartphone and showed me a circular clearly stating 5W40 for petrol engines. He also made sure to point out the date of the circular. It was December 2015. He said he had the same debate with another customer previously so he keeps the circular on his phone now.

Has anyone heard of this development? Should I go ahead with 5W40?

And should I go with option 1 or 2? I change gears at 3k rpm and often go to 4k rpm. Occasionally, I find I have to go up to 5k rpm while doing quick overtake maneuvers on the highway. My driving is split 50-50 (+/-10%) highway-city.
Old 16th June 2016, 18:56   #2734
BHPian

Does nobody have any info on this supposed change?

I have tried to reach out to a couple of other service centres but could not get in touch with anyone who has the right info. I was, however, able to talk to the assistant works manager at Autopace Chandigarh, where I bought my car from. He said there has been no such change as per his knowledge and oil viscosity index is still 0W20 for petrol while 5W40 is recommended for diesel engines. I'm already aware of the last bit. He added that they 0W40 grade oil only in synthetic for petrol engines.

Any suggestions? How about the choice to make for my not-so-conservative driving style as mentioned in my previous post?
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:10   #2735
BHPian

Hi guys, gave my swift (Petrol VXI) for 30,000 service. The following works were done,

1. Engine Oil replaced
2. Oil filter replaced
3. Brake overhaul
4. Car wash
5. Inspection of all major components

That's all was done. The total amount paid was 4500 Rupees. Out of this, labour itself was half the amount. I asked them to check the brakes since there was some slight squealing noise from time to time when I hit the brakes. I already gave it to another service center to get it checked, they said this is nothing to be worried about and we have checked the pads, they seem to be just fine and doesn't need replacement and that the noise is possibly because of recent rains. Now, I just asked these guys to take a look at it and do an overhaul so that the sound doesn't come back.

They said the brake pads have to be replaced. They also told me that suspension link rod near the wheels seems to be weak and needs to be replaced. They said you will be getting some noises whenever you take the car over a speed bump. I told them that I've never encountered any noise of any sort over a speed bump and immediately he agreed not to replace it. So, my question is I've driver 29,400 Kms exactly and mostly in good roads, will the brake pads and the link rods have to be replaced? I did have brake squealing noise from time to time but I never had any suspension sounds yet.
Old 29th June 2016, 18:05   #2736
BHPian

So I bit the bullet and decided to go for Castrol Edge Professional 5W40 fully synthetic oil. The oil alone cost me Rs 3850 @ Rs 1100/litre. I had forgotten that the service interval for my car is 10k km or one year, whichever is earlier, so my yearly cost of oil should be what I mentioned above. Total service cost was Rs 3995.

I felt more comfortable selecting a more viscous synthetic oil given my driving style and the terrible weather in Delhi. Since I tend to shift late (which results in 11-12 kmpl in city with AC) lubrication needs to be unrelenting.

The guy polishing the wheels managed to apply some on the discs. I got the service tech to have the wheels removed and the pads and discs cleaned. They used a rag dabbed with petrol. In the process I noticed that the pads come with a shim attached to the backing plates. This is something even KTM has done with the Duke. The shims help cut down brake squeal.
Old 11th July 2016, 20:10   #2737
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Swift DLX Limited Edition Launched. Priced from Rs 4.54 Lakh.(ex showroom Del)

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-11_07_2016_107_003.jpg

Some of the Key Features and enhancements in Swift DLX Edition - based on Swift Lxi Option / Ldi Option - additional features

» Comes with All 4 Power Window as against Front Door Power Window in Lxi Option Model

» Black Out B Pillar

» Convenience: AC with Heater, Electric Power Steering with Tilt Steering, Remote Central Lock, Internally Adjustable ORVM

» Safety: Immobilizer, Front Fog Light, Adjustable Head Restrains in both Front and Rear Seats, Several Smart Warning Indicators, Child Safety Lock, ICat Security System

» Styling: Body Colored ORVM and Door Handle, MID Instrument Cluster with Average Fuel Economy

» Tyre: 14 Inch Tubeless Tyres (R165/80)

» Infotainment: Sony FM Music System with Bluetooth and Front Door Speakers

http://www.autox.in/news/car-news/ma...-rs-4-54-lakh/

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2016 at 20:18.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 13:11   #2738
BANNED

Sold my 2010 VDi Swift last month after clocking 63k kms at 4L INR and bought a 9 months old Swift VDi clocked 18k at 5.94L INR.

Is it only my issue that im feeling that the old swift was more fun to drive. the turbo-lag thing is somewhat decreased but still not as good as the old one felt. the steering is better in this version though.

The worst issue that im having is the seating. i understand you sit lower than the old version, but this is awkward for me. I'm 6 feet and 90 kgs and i used to drive the old swift with seat pushed backwards than normal to avoid the awkward leg position. the issue with this new swift is that even in the normal position, im sitting down, so if i push the seat backwards to my comfort, i wont be able to see even which is visible in the present position. and im feeling pain in joints especially the legs after a drive.

I guess the new seats are of different shape or made considering the seat height adjustment in mind. but if this is a issue for a guy who is of 6 ft,then how disturbing it would be to the shorter people.!!

if anyone who has used the 2 versions of swift can clear my doubts it would be great. i hope what i said is not that confusing. Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 19:49   #2739
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki pays tribute to the superstar.Maruti Suzuki Swift Kabali Edition Launched.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswiftkabaliedition1.jpg

Link
Old 15th July 2016, 20:02   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Maruti Suzuki pays tribute to the superstar.Maruti Suzuki Swift Kabali Edition Launched.
Noways volkman10, tell me this isn't for real !!

I think Maruti must really start calling themselves:

Limited Innovation but Unlimited Sales with Unending Editions

Considering the fact that 'Innovation' is yet to be innovated at Maruti, I guess they have now relied on the Mr Talaiva himself to look NEW!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th July 2016 at 20:05.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 20:46   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Noways volkman10, tell me this isn't for real !!

Maruti Swift 'Kabali' edition has been designed by Sri Amman Cars, a Maruti Suzuki dealership in Hosur and not by the Maruti Suzuki itself.

Source
Old 16th July 2016, 09:17   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Sold my 2010 VDi Swift last month after clocking 63k kms at 4L INR and bought a 9 months old Swift VDi clocked 18k at 5.94L INR.

Is it only my issue that im feeling that the old swift was more fun to drive. the turbo-lag thing is somewhat decreased but still not as good as the old one felt. the steering is better in this version though.

The worst issue that im having is the seating. i understand you sit lower than the old version, but this is awkward for me. I'm 6 feet and 90 kgs and i used to drive the old swift with seat pushed backwards than normal to avoid the awkward leg position. the issue with this new swift is that even in the normal position, im sitting down, so if i push the seat backwards to my comfort, i wont be able to see even which is visible in the present position. and im feeling pain in joints especially the legs after a drive.

I guess the new seats are of different shape or made considering the seat height adjustment in mind. but if this is a issue for a guy who is of 6 ft,then how disturbing it would be to the shorter people.!!

if anyone who has used the 2 versions of swift can clear my doubts it would be great. i hope what i said is not that confusing. Thanks

Yes, i have faced the same problem with my new swift, the new swift has a lower seat and the seat foam is also of a poor quality compared to the old one. In fact I feel that the quality of the car overall has gone down but yes it definitely has less rattling.

I have recently replaced the driver's seat with a height adjustable seat from the ZDi variant and the difference is amazing to say the least.(Costed about 6600,IIRC)

Even though the seat cover doesn't match with the rest of the car now, but I am very very comfortable with the seating position now. Especially on long drives.

Yes, I am 6'.1" and weigh on the wrong side of the quintal..

Cheers

-Rishi
car_crazy1400 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 10:31   #2743
BHPian

Unable to decide between a Swift VDi and ZXi......they are at similar pricepoints but the uncertainty about the future of diesel cars holds me back. Another aspect is that the new Swift is expected next year, should one buy a swift at all, at this juncture? Is that the reason the monthly sales are down to 9k from the usual five figures? please help me arrive at a decision, my running is around 15-17,000 kms annually. BTW just read in today's paper that Petrol price is down by Rs 2.25 and diesel by a mere 42 paise, further narrowing down the cost differential to about 8 bucks!!

Last edited by windiesel : 16th July 2016 at 10:40. Reason: Today's HT!
Old 16th July 2016, 10:45   #2744
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
please help me arrive at a decision, my running is around 15-17,000 kms annually!!
It is ZXi all the way.

Since the running is low and would this increase in future by any chance? If no then go ahead with ZXi variant - Loaded and safer than VDi.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 11:06   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is ZXi all the way.

Since the running is low and would this increase in future by any chance
Thanks!!....max it can go upto is about 20,000KM annually, still you'll suggest a ZXi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks