Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 11:34   #2746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post

Thanks!!....max it can go upto is about 20,000KM annually, still you'll suggest a ZXi?
I still feel ZXi is a better option.

20,000 kms yearly is the maximum and is borderline factor for Petrol or Diesel.

Also I'll prefer 'Z' variant over the 'V' ones.
Old 20th July 2016, 11:36   #2747
BANNED

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Do new Swift default music system head unit has a seek option between tracks? i cant figure it out. Have to play the file and then realize which song is it. I cant browse through the folders or files. Am i missing anything?
Old 22nd July 2016, 00:27   #2748
BHPian

From past couple of days I could feel the noise from the engine a bit louder at every cold start as compared to what it used to be. I can understand that engine idles at a higher rpm at cold start and then settles down gradually. But mine is idling at 1500 rpm at every cold start.

Didn't noticed at what rpm it used to idle earlier.

Please can any Swift petrol owner or any K12M owner check their idle rpm at cold start and comment here.

To others, If this indeed suggest any problem then what it could be related to?

TIA.
Old 22nd July 2016, 07:57   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
From past couple of days I could feel the noise from the engine a bit louder at every cold start as compared to what it used to be. I can understand that engine idles at a higher rpm at cold start and then settles down gradually. But mine is idling at 1500 rpm at every cold start.

Didn't noticed at what rpm it used to idle earlier.

Please can any Swift petrol owner or any K12M owner check their idle rpm at cold start and comment here.

To others, If this indeed suggest any problem then what it could be related to?

TIA.
@Sherlocked, this is what I have observed in my swift vxi too. Every cold start the engine idles at 1500 rpm for a minute or so, comes down to 800 rpm then. I don't think there is anything wrong with your car. My car has done 94xx kms. and will complete one year on 31st July.
I usually let it idle, but incase am in a hurry, after 30 seconds or so, I start driving and keep the car at 1500 rpm, first gear for 20 seconds or so ( thats how long it takes me to execute a turn in my society and join main road).
Enjoy your drive !

Last edited by aaggoswami : 22nd July 2016 at 08:00.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:52   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Every cold start the engine idles at 1500 rpm for a minute or so, comes down to 800 rpm then.
My Vxi behaves exactly the same way. There is an initial 15-20 second of higher RPM idling, following which the taco settles down at about 800 RPM.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:58   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
@Sherlocked, this is what I have observed in my swift vxi too.
Enjoy your drive !
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
My Vxi behaves exactly the same way. There is an initial 15-20 second of higher RPM idling, following which the taco settles down at about 800 RPM.
That's good to know that it is just the way how its supposed to be. My attention went towards the rpm when I found the engine noise to be on higher side at cold starts. Will look at engine noise over a couple of days and observe.

In some other news, the roof trim in the inside has started producing some unpleasant squeaking noises, mostly when I drive the car after it's parked under hot sun. In two minds whether to show this issue to MASS or not. Don't know if they will solve it or mess it further. The roof trim quality feels very flimsy. Even a gentle push at the sides where we have the grab handles makes the trim go inside.

Also just cleaned the air filter. The difference is remarkable. The car feels very peppy suddenly. And all this just after a peck of the filter at the ground. It's not even cleaned properly. Thinking of buying a new one from MGP store and changing it just for the sake of it.
Old 23rd July 2016, 12:41   #2752
BHPian

My 2011 Swift VDi recently visited the Sanjay Gandhi National Park.

5 years on and the car still drives like a new one.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swifty_tbhp.jpg
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 20:18   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Do new Swift default music system head unit has a seek option between tracks? i cant figure it out. Have to play the file and then realize which song is it. I cant browse through the folders or files. Am i missing anything?
The buttons on the left side of the head unit which are used to select the previous or next track. Just press and hold to seek forward or backward.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 20:30   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistOfFate! View Post
We've finalized on the Swift ZXi
I feel Swift is a decent choice ,but rear seats are cramped and small boot.
My suggestion would be Baleno CVT for the ease of use and being a bigger car.

I am not sure if light kerb weight should be a deal breaker for Baleno.
Waiting period varies from place to place, I was told 6 months, but got it in 1.5 months.
Also it comes with safety kit from base variant itself which should be cheaper than Zxi.

If you can wait till Diwali, Maruti IGNIS should be a perfect fit for your Parents ( should be taller , So easy to get in and out of the car )

Last edited by silverado : 25th July 2016 at 20:35.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 21:31   #2755
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
The buttons on the left side of the head unit which are used to select the previous or next track. Just press and hold to seek forward or backward.
Thanks buddy, will check and see
Old 9th August 2016, 22:56   #2756
Senior - BHPian

My Swift VXi completed 1 year on 31-July-2016. Got it serviced at Kiran motors before the completion of one year. Total bill was Rs. 1486/- which included oil change and oil filter change. The bill mentions the oil as IOCL, which I hate. Somehow, the engine does not feel as eager as it should after more than 9600 kms. my car has done.

Whats good.

1) Engine refinement. At idle after warm up, there is a high chance that one will crank the engine if not looking at tacho. Even at legal highway cruising speeds, the engine is pretty silent.

2) Top end Punch. Be in correct gear, keep engine on the boil, forget FE and then this engine can push little car to good speeds quite quickly. Such strong top end is useful in overtaking. I feel the engine can revv to 6800 rpm.

3) Ride Quality. Absorbent, not crashy, and silent. Deserves a praise. Where Grand i10 never felt settled, Swift is settled, comfortable.

Whats bad.

1) Lack of Bottom end torque and a midange grunt reminiscent of flat-spot. Eats into FE. My 2010 Wagon R K10 CNG feels more responsive in city driving. (Is anything wrong with my Swift ?) Sometimes, it becomes quite irritating to drive swift on single lane highways.

2) Slow wipers. Somehow, my Wagon R, friend's Wagon R, taxi Dzire Ldi I hired in Delhi, and many other cars have speedier wipers. My friend's Ciaz also has speedier wipers. The wipers in my car are super slow, irritating at times.

3) Horn. In rains, one of the two horns goes dead for sometime. Then automatically comes back to life. Weird. Not expected from a modern car.

One thing to highlight is that with Philips Xtreme vision+ bulbs, lights are much better. Great spread, good throw and reasonable intensity. Power windows seems to have slowed down this monsoon. Outside noise insulation is not that good.

I would suggest diesel over petrol as the petrol lacks day to day grunt. Responsive petrols are quickly becoming endangered species nowadays. K12M is diametric opposite of K14B. K14B is great at urban confines and loses steam on top end (midrange is as good as flat spot in both motors). Refinement is better in K12M than K14B.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th August 2016 at 22:58.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 11:26   #2757
BHPian

All of a sudden my Swifts power steering stopped working. Steering light comes on today morning and steering felt so heavy to turn. I called a knows SE form Pratham motors and he suspect it as a wire cut by rats. A quick search in forums pointed it could be EPS sensor malfunctioning or Fuse malfunctioning from ECU or battery reaching near to end of cycle. Front wheels were producing cracking sound which turning in stand still. Keeping fingers crossed not to have any costly fix.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:41   #2758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
All of a sudden my Swifts power steering stopped working. Steering light comes on today morning and steering felt so heavy to turn.
First check the Fuse for the power steering located in the passenger compartment. If that's blown the power steering won't function.

Check this yourself and also open the hood and peep around for any abnormalities.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 16:47   #2759
BHPian

Hi!!
Has anyone installed gear lock in Swift or Dzire (I believe the setup should be same in both).
I have to get one installed by this week in our Swift.
I was planning to go with the one Maruti is offering in their MGA range. A Google search shows that it is a Pin type gear lock of Minda brand.
Is it good? Or I should hunt for after market brands and get myself a U type lock.
What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 17th August 2016, 18:43   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
First check the Fuse for the power steering located in the passenger compartment. If that's blown the power steering won't function.

Check this yourself and also open the hood and peep around for any abnormalities.
Thanks Anurag, I checked the car from outside for any abnormalities. Didn't found any, took it to the nearby service center. EPS was not working till i reached there. Stopped and start again to move it forward. EPS worked. So i guess problem is with battery. I will get the car tomorrow. Got a call from SE and he said break pads are work out and it will last for another 1000KM .This is the 35K service. Any suggestion on break pads? MGA pads are priced at 1500/- and labour charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks