Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 00:35   #2701
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I have been noticing since last 2-3 days that the key gets excessively hot while inside the key slot. The same can be felt after removing the key from the slot. The area around the key slot also felt warm and I could feel the heat if I move my fingers around that area.
A slight warmth was also felt on the gear knob, just above the area where the leather cover starts.
All this with 100% AC.

While returning since the temperature here has gone down I wasn't using AC and I felt no unusual warmth around the key slot or gear knob and even the key when removed wasn't hot.

So what could be the issue?
Other Swift owners, is it the same in your car as well?
Mine is a petrol.
Thanks.
Kindly check if you face the same issue at night also. Our erstwhile Swift (2012 model) had this issue and we came to a conclusion that this happened only at noon, and when the sun rays fell directly over these areas. This thing never happened at night.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 19:50   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Yes, faced that more than once. My car is a 9 months old petrol, 82XX kms. done till date. But I had similar observations in my earlier car too. However, I am not facing similar issue in Wagon R.
Somehow, I dont think this is something to worry about. Am keeping the toolkit in my glovebox though ! Heat here is excessive and rather more than expected.
Yes, the metal part of the key was abnormally hot in my case as well and never had this issue this in my F10D WagonR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Kindly check if you face the same issue at night also. Our erstwhile Swift (2012 model) had this issue and we came to a conclusion that this happened only at noon, and when the sun rays fell directly over these areas. This thing never happened at night.
Both the days when I had this issue the car was kept in the sun all throughout the day. So maybe you are right. God, this is such a relief! More so, as we have a 1500 kms drive planned next week. Don't want anything wrong at this point of time!

Though I didn't got the time to take the car out and check the issue today but will update tomorrow.
Thanks.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 17:26   #2703
BHPian

Hi folks

Might be getting another small car soon, and swift crosses the mind...

Quick question, which swift is more fun to drive, zxi or zdi?

Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 19:11   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXRi94 View Post
Hi folks
In my view, ZDI is much more fun to drive than ZXI. The petrol motor is lackluster when it comes to everyday motoring. Lacks any sort of punch lower down the rev-range, gets going a bit more after 3500 rpm, has a power-surge after 4000 rpm and spins effortlessly to 6000 rpm. Problem is, to extract performance there is a lot of hard work involved, and drivabiltiy on the whole suffers along with efficiency.

The diesel, once in turbo zone, is very responsive and lively. Overtaking on highways is much easier in diesel than petrol, and on single lane highways, the diesel has significantly more advantage thanks to its torque.

Petrol Positive :
Excellent Refinement
Revv Friendly. At 6000 rpm it feels the motor still has 1000 rpm left till redline. Stays very smooth throughout the revv range.
Smart top end power

Petrol Negative :
Lacks bottom end torque, hits driveability hard specially when the car is loaded.
Needs frequent gear changes when overtaking on highways, mainly single lane ones
FE suffers due to above factors

Diesel Positive :
Strong torque in turbo zone
Is efficient
Performs well even when fully loaded

Diesel Negatives :
Turbo lag is evident, not minimal as lets say, a Micra
Slightly noisy

As an owner of Swift VXi since July 2015, I regret two aspects : Not buying a diesel and not having ABS. VDI and ZXI were at similar price points, I could have picked any and got atleast ABS.
Swift as an overall package is good buy. Rides nice, handles well and does not burn a hole in one's pocket.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th May 2016 at 19:13.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 19:12   #2705
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXRi94 View Post
ZXi would be more fun to drive but overall I feel the diesel would be better minus the high NVH levels.
Old 15th May 2016, 08:35   #2706
BHPian

As an owner of Zxi model since July 2015, I can vouch for its driveability factor coupled along with excellent brakes and ABS.
Old 15th May 2016, 09:58   #2707
BHPian

Quote:
I have been noticing since last 2-3 days that the key gets excessively hot while inside the key slot.
UPDATE: Shashi was spot on with his observation. .
The key getting hot inside the ignition slot happens only if the car is parked under sun for some time. Though strange, I wonder why?

--------------

Petrol Swift owners, have you observed the AC Compressor making a loud noise every time you switch on the AC.
Please try this, start the car and come outside and stand near the bonnet. Now ask someone to switch on the AC and you'll hear a noise as if some gas leaked albeit for 2 seconds or so.
The thing is now I'm hearing this compressor noise even inside the car when I use AC after a gap of 2 or 3 days. Earlier the noise was limited only to the outside.
Can you please check and tell.
Thanks.

One more question , Is it advisable to use any petrol additive with this K series Engine. I have a trip planned and intend to try out either System G or Adon P.
Any experiences?

Last edited by Sherlocked : 15th May 2016 at 10:09.
Old 15th May 2016, 10:28   #2708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) UPDATE: Shashi was spot on with his observation.

2) Petrol Swift owners, have you observed the AC Compressor making a loud noise every time you switch on the AC.
Please try this, start the car and come outside and stand near the bonnet. Now ask someone to switch on the AC and you'll hear a noise as if some gas leaked albeit for 2 seconds or so.
The thing is now I'm hearing this compressor noise even inside the car when I use AC after a gap of 2 or 3 days. Earlier the noise was limited only to the outside.
Can you please check and tell.
Thanks.
1) Good to know this. I am also less worried now.

2) Yes, it makes a noticeable noise, as if there was some friction while engaging the compressor and some pressurized gas flow leak. My car has exactly similar characteristics. However, I feel there is nothing to worry about. My employer has given a Swift VXi to a senior accountant, and it barely a month or so older than my Swift VXi. That car also makes this sound when the AC is switched ON.
My neighbour's friend has a Swift petrol too, around 2.5 year old, and it also makes similar sound when AC is switched ON.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 13:00   #2709
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I am planning to add the reverse camera to my swift, and i am thinking about doing it from the genuine accessories list from maruti. I have been informed that it is manufactured by Nippon. Has anyone in the forum installed it on their car? It costs around 12.5k. Please advice me on it.
Old 18th May 2016, 02:59   #2710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic.dwarf View Post
Hi everyone,
I am planning to add the reverse camera to my swift, and i am thinking about doing it from the genuine accessories list from maruti. I have been informed that it is manufactured by Nippon. Has anyone in the forum installed it on their car? It costs around 12.5k. Please advice me on it.
Way too expensive. Why don't you get an aftermarket option installed by the Maruti guys. Should cost half of it I guess.
Old 24th May 2016, 17:40   #2711
ZMG
BHPian

Hi,
I have a 2012 Swift VXI which has done about 28K Kms.
Off late I have been observing that during Idling at the signals with AC on, the RPM keeps fluctuating between 600 to 800.
Also it is very evident with the jerks.

Without the AC, it idles at 600 RPM.
Is this normal?
I dont remember the behaviour when it was new, but when I drove my Sisters new Swift ZXI, anything can hardly be felt when idling.

Also the average of the car is hovering around 12 in Bangalore? Is this normal or something is terribly wrong with my car?

I spoke to SA over the phone, he asked me to get the car and he will check the issue with the average being low. However, I dont want them to mess with the tune of engine, they had done that with my Zen, and the car never felt very much fun to drive later on, and neither did the average increase a lot.

Cheers,
ZMG
Old 24th May 2016, 18:06   #2712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi,
I have a 2012 Swift VXI which has done about 28K Kms.
Off late I have been observing that during Idling at the signals with AC on, the RPM keeps fluctuating between 600 to 800.
Would appreciate details like when was the last service done?

Last air filter change? And also the fuel quality?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 22:05   #2713
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Would appreciate details like when was the last service done?

Last air filter change? And also the fuel quality?!
Sorry for overlooking those details.

The last service was done at 20K KMS, sometime last july.
The air filter was changed at the same time. However, I do stay in a place which is sort of dusty, and I have a torque blue swift as you, it has a layer of dust the very next day after wash.

The quality of fuel is good I guess. It is one of the most reputed fuel bunks in bangalore, Mats at Whitefield.

Cheers,
ZMG
Old 25th May 2016, 06:32   #2714
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post

The last service was done at 20K KMS, sometime last july.
Hey, nothing to be sorry. Do change the air filter and see if it does solve the idling issue. Mostly it should.
Old 25th May 2016, 20:00   #2715
BHPian

Sharing an Experience:
A friend's 2year old Vxi is due for insurance renewal. He has Maruti insurance bought from Sai Service, Andheri with the car and continued until now.

He has a better offer on the same policy (fine prints remain same) from another dealer.

Sai Service, Andheri is threatening him that renewing his policy from another dealer will void his extended warranty. Ofcourse he is not willing to give it in writing .

What level these scumsters can go to is incredible.

Last edited by benzinblut : 25th May 2016 at 20:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks