Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 15:39   #2611
BANNED

Next-Gen Suzuki Swift to be Showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show:

Quote:
Suzuki is expected to reveal the next-generation Swift in the form of a concept at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show in October.

According to a Japanese magazine - Holiday Auto - Suzuki will showcase the third generation of the Swift that will reportedly receive a generous sprinkling of edgy aero parts. The concept will be powered by the new 1.4-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol engine with 'Booster Jet' turbo technology.

The powerplant will be further boosted by a hybrid unit that will feature the company's 'S-Energy' system - it gets large-capacity lithium-ion batteries to boost power, and allows for zero-emission electric-only cruising.

We expect Suzuki to bring the concept to India at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo and we're sure we will know a lot more about the car by then.
SOURCE: http://www.ndtv.com/news/view/auto/1...o&site=classic
Old 24th August 2015, 20:02   #2612
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How much has your car run? Secondly, if the car is out of warranty & the SA is confident, it could mean the part is actually fine. The SAs will never miss a chance to make some quick bucks, especially when there is a genuine opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advaninilesh View Post
Yes, don't bother about the flywheel if the SA is that confident just get the clutch set and the release bearing changed. I have done 90k kms on my swift without any of it being changed.
Thank you both. The car was ready today but I wasn't able to collect it. Will be going tomorrow in all probability.

Sa also mentioned the flywheel looks to be in good condition so only the clutch was replaced. I'm insisting on a long TD to identify any issues before I pay up.
Old 28th August 2015, 12:36   #2613
Distinguished - BHPian

A Graphic Free special edition from Maruti!

Maruti Swift SP, Special edition comes with features on the L+ variant (Lxi+/Ldi+)

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswiftspe1440736533526.jpg
Quote:
Maruti Swift SP gets body molding on the side of the car along with blackened out pillars, color ORVMS and sporty wheel covers. On the inside there are a lot of changes to add to the value quotient. You get fog lamps, reverse parking sensors, 4 speakers, Bluetooth and USB connectivity along with an integrated music system. There is more such as limited edition branded memory foam cushion, sporty seat covers and steering cover. Other things include all four power windows, central locking with keyless entry and 60:40 split seats
Quote:
Maruti says it offers upto Rs. 10,630 discount and there are offers which can save you RS. 21,000 too. Asking price for Maruti Swift SP edition is Rs. 36,000
http://gaadiwaadi.com/scoop-maruti-s...g-soon-011137/

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th August 2015 at 12:38.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 14:28   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
My car broke down a few days ago.

Driver complained of a wonky clutch sometime around 5 pm,and around 7 when we were getting ready to leave the clutch had just sunk in.
Called in for assistance and the car was in service station soon.
They diagnosed it as a clutch releaser bearing failure and recommended a clutch change, flywheel can be used is what they said and also mentioned its quite common.

Is this issue really so common ? Scary part was I didn't get any hint of failure before it happened.
Also should I get the flywheel changed too ?
Release bearing failure is not common, but the SA insisting not to change the flywheel is but you should get it changed as a new clutch with an old flywheel is bound to cause clutch judder.
Old 28th August 2015, 14:40   #2615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Release bearing failure is not common, but the SA insisting not to change the flywheel is but you should get it changed as a new clutch with an old flywheel is bound to cause clutch judder.
When I had change the clutch in my Swift the mechanic was confident for letting the old flywheel stay.

I too thought that changing all together but he felt it is not required. It's been 14800 kms since the change, hopefully it status that way till the 1 lakh mark post which I'll be selling it.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th August 2015 at 14:44.
Old 28th August 2015, 15:18   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was also afraid that judder would be there, I took delivery last night and so far haven't noticed any judder issues in the 30 odd kms I've driven. I spoke to the SA about flywheel condition and he said it should be good enough till the 1L mark. Will test it a lot more and post my impressions later on.
Old 28th August 2015, 20:44   #2617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you should get it changed as a new clutch with an old flywheel is bound to cause clutch judder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When I had change the clutch in my Swift the mechanic was confident for letting the old flywheel stay.
Hey guys I get this rocking noise when I start or shut the engine. Its more pronounced when shutting the engine down. Will take is to the service centre tomorrow, but wanted some suggestions on what could possibly be the cause of this.

(Headphones suggested-watch at 0:02 secs and from 0:13 secs)

Old 28th August 2015, 22:31   #2618
BANNED

Quote:

Hey guys I get this rocking noise when I start or shut the engine. Its more pronounced when shutting the engine down.
Have the following doubts:

1) Air filter (Damaged) - May be!
2) Engine mounts
3) Damage to the exhaust / silencer.

Get the car jacked up to check the underbody once.
Old 29th August 2015, 00:42   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have the following doubts:

1) Air filter (Damaged) - May be!
2) Engine mounts
3) Damage to the exhaust / silencer.

Get the car jacked up to check the underbody once.
Yes,I want to hang around when they fix this. The vibrations start from the bottom of the engine where its mounted to the chassis,so I think air filter may not be the culprit.
Old 29th August 2015, 07:25   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A Graphic Free special edition from Maruti!

Maruti Swift SP, Special edition comes with features on the L+ variant (Lxi+/Ldi+)

http://gaadiwaadi.com/scoop-maruti-s...g-soon-011137/

Looks nice. But, Instead of all these bells & whistles, wish they could have added ABS for some extra price. On other other hand, don't know why they offer ABS only in VDI/ZDi variants. Atleast they should have offered it in VXI too.

Last edited by Wildy : 29th August 2015 at 07:29.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 22:13   #2621
Senior - BHPian

Did 400 kms. drive yesterday to Surat and back, its 100 kms. more than routine journey as we took interior roads to help engine break in better i.e. driving at slower speed.

However, on return journey it was NH8 all the way. Traffic was horribly dense, and this brought in one observation. Tyres were ridiculous and locking up of wheels was rather easy. I understand its not ABS, but still I do drive non ABS machines a lot.
For the entire journey back, I was rather scared as the tyres were certainly not upto the mark.

Changed them to Bridgestone B290 185/70R14 today, all 5. OE JK fetched Rs. 1500 a tyre. New Bridgestone cost : Rs. 4400/- per tyre. This includes balancing, alignment, etc. all done.

Its a worthy upgrade. OD of OE tyres : 619.6 and OD with new tyres : 614.6.
Braking efficiency under normal operations seem to have improved by 20%.

Overall, during my highway drive :

1) No back pain. Fantastic seats.

2) Swift can never be a spacious family car. Rear is not airy. Space with my typical driving style means almost nobody more than 5'2" light build can sit behind me. I knew about this and this was one rare occasion where it was loaded up fully with luggage. Rear seat of Wagon R, Ritz are better.

3) It makes up for the space issue in one format : Great Ride. Even my mother was not tired thanks to the stable, absorbent ride.

4) Car is a neat, stable handler. I was with full load and luggage but still the car handled well. Load or no Load, Swift handles well, rides well. Passengers feel comfortable due to absence of body roll.

5) Petrol engine : Sensitive to load, but good nevertheless. Effective, silent, strong cruiser. The refined nature adds to comfort.

A great car in this range. Car has done 1120 kms. as I was on highway. To be serviced tomorrow.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th August 2015 at 22:15.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 11:41   #2622
BANNED

Quote:
Yes,I want to hang around when they fix this. The vibrations start from the bottom of the engine where its mounted to the chassis,so I think air filter may not be the culprit.
Any update on the situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Changed them to Bridgestone B290 185/70R14 today, all 5. OE JK fetched Rs. 1500 a tyre. New Bridgestone cost : Rs. 4400/- per tyre. This includes balancing, alignment, etc. all done.

Braking efficiency under normal operations seem to have improved by 20%.
That's great buddy. Good you have changed the tyres to a better spec.

I am waiting for a good deal on 4 tyres so that I can swap. Want XM2 but having Earth1 in sight too.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 14:36   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any update on the situation?
It was a underbody hit. At first they thought the intercooler wasn't refitted properly,so they refit it,but the problem persisted.

Later when we got the vehicle on a lift could see signs of a underbody hit near the lower arm,transmission box and there was a slight bend (don't know where exactly since the shoo'd me away from the bay) which was causing the vibration.

They straightened it and the car was all good again.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 15:30   #2624
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Swift SP Limited Edition Launched at Rs. 5.15 Lakh.(ex- showroom)

Price:
•Swift SP limited edition petrol: Rs. 5.15 lakh
•Swift SP limited edition diesel: Rs. 6.20 lakh

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswiftsplimitededition2.jpg
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswiftsplimitededition6.jpg
The Swift SP will be available only in the entry-level, Lxi / Ldi variants, not termed as Lxi+ / Ldi+.

Feature additions on the Swift SP:
•Stereo with bluetooth & USB
•All 4 power windows
•60:40 split rear seats
•Integrated music system
•New seat covers
•New steering cover
•Limited edition memory foam cushion
•Fog lamps
•New wheel covers
•Blacked out A & B pillars
•Body coloured ORVM
•Side body moulding
•4-speakers
•Reverse parking sensors
•Central locking
•Keyless entry
•Swift SP badge
http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...-full-details/

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th September 2015 at 15:34.
Old 6th September 2015, 17:34   #2625
BHPian

Just a try at Swift Cross.
(Like Toyota and Hyundai and Volkswagen)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-crosssmall-copy.jpg  

iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks