Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 22:31   #2446
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Dont know why Maruti wants to change gear oil and coolant every 20k kms.
MSIL has now changed the gear oil change interval to 40k from 20k by introducing an higher grade gear oil.
Old 2nd January 2015, 10:55   #2447
BHPian

GuysI have an issue in my brothers petrol Swift. Yesterday when checked the oil level through dipstick, it showed the level at 65-75% between the minimum and maximum markings.
Its low isn't it? And should I get it checked at MASS.

A bit of background: Few days back I had noticed oil drops where the car is parked, so took it to MASS and they said that filter was loose and they tightened it and told that not much oil is spilled and the level is okay. That was when odo was around 2400 kms, now it's 3000 kms.
The oil change is at 10000 kms but the 5k service is due next month. Should I get it topped up now or wait for the 5k service?
Kindly help. Is it okay to drive the car when the level is this low.
Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:25   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Should I get it topped up now or wait for the 5k service?
Kindly help. Is it okay to drive the car when the level is this low.
Thanks.
The oil level should be between the min and max level. So, its absolutely safe. You can do a top up and not wait for the next change.

Though monitor the level for a few days and check for any additional leaks. Ideally the K12 shouldn't be drinking oil. How is the smoke from the exhaust? Is it visible and white in colour? Hope the engine working as usual and there is no drop in power.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:42   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
GuysI have an issue in my brothers petrol Swift. Yesterday when checked the oil level through dipstick, it showed the level at 65-75% between the minimum and maximum markings.
Its low isn't it? And should I get it checked at MASS.

Is it okay to drive the car when the level is this low.
Thanks.
Monitor the engine oil levels for the next few days to verify that there is no seepage occurring. If the level drops further, have an immediate visit to the MASS and get the connectors rechecked and get a top up done.
But if the oil level is stable, you should not worry, get the top up done during the next service cycle.

Do note that a new engine generally consumes more oil.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:51   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Ideally the K12 shouldn't be drinking oil. How is the smoke from the exhaust? Is it visible and white in colour? Hope the engine working as usual and there is no drop in power.
Thanks deetjohn and whitwing for the response.
Well I think the level has dropped because of the loose oil filter. I have attached the pic.
MASS gave me a shock when they told me that this might have come loose from the factory itself. Car is around 5 months old.
Will definitely keep a watch on the level and I don't feel there is any performance issues. Haven't checked for white smoke yet but will do. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_20141117_200704.jpg  

Last edited by Sherlocked : 2nd January 2015 at 11:52.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:21   #2451
BANNED

Quote:
The oil change is at 10000 kms but the 5k service is due next month. Should I get it topped up now or wait for the 5k service?
Kindly help.
During the 5k service, if the oil level is low, the service center top's up the oil themselves. Nothing to worry here.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:23   #2452
BANNED

Quote:

Will definitely keep a watch on the level and I don't feel there is any performance issues. Haven't checked for white smoke yet but will do. Thanks.
Keep an eye on the level for a day or two after long parking which will give you an idea of the correct level.

I am not sure of buying the oil filter lose reason from MASS.
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:05   #2453
BHPian

Friends. I have an issue with the a/c in my Swift Zdi which is now 3 years old and run 44000 kms. Though it is auto a/c, the fan speed remains in one position and the fan speed does not change to control the selected temperature. It is now like operating a manual a/c. There is no problem with the cooling. I would like to know what could be the problem before I take it to the service station. Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:50   #2454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Friends. I have an issue with the a/c in my Swift Zdi which is now 3 years old and run 44000 kms. Though it is auto a/c, the fan speed remains in one position and the fan speed does not change to control the selected temperature. It is now like operating a manual a/c.
In the 'Auto' mode, when the set temperature is 25 degrees (For example), the ACC will regulate the fan speed accordingly with the data received from the cabin temperature sensor and outside temperature.

If the outside temp is 23 degrees and the ACC set temperature is 25 degrees the ACC will keep the fan speed at the lowest. Hence no change in fan speed.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:06   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Not sure whether this is the right place to post, mods please move the post to appropriate thread if required.

It so happened a couple of weeks ago, that someone left lights switched on in our 2010 Swift. Result - a completely dead battery. We got the battery charged at a local garage & it is working fine as of now. But just thinking whether it would be advisable to replace the battery for peace of mind? Its the factory fitted Exide battery which has been used for almost 5 years and it may be nearing the end of its life anyways. Would this incident have an adverse impact on the battery considering its age?
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:11   #2456
BHPian

Mathematical Comparison of Swift Petrol vs Diesel

I got a new Swift ZXi - Yay!!
I can't do anything with it yet because it's still in the run in period - Boo!!
So, I got bored and made this. Results are a bit surprising but my math seems solid to me given the assumptions and the idealized nature of the numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

-Weights are an average of the gross and kerb weight listed by maruti on their website. This is because that appears to be a good way to approximate real weight.
-Gear Ratios as listed by maruti on their website.
-Transmission losses are assumed to be 15% - i.e. 85% of power produced at crank makes it to the wheels.
-Air density is taken as 1.2kg/m^3.
-Drag coefficient of swift is taken as 0.32.
-Shift times are taken as 0.5 seconds.
-Rolling resistance is ignored.
-Tire grip is not calculated - all starts are at a rolling 1000rpm and tires grip perfectly from that point on.

What do you guys think? Any corrections? Other feedback?
nukeblitz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:34   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the 'Auto' mode, when the set temperature is 25 degrees (For example), the ACC will regulate the fan speed accordingly with the data received from the cabin temperature sensor and outside temperature.

If the outside temp is 23 degrees and the ACC set temperature is 25 degrees the ACC will keep the fan speed at the lowest. Hence no change in fan speed.
What I had meant was that whatever the external temperature difference, the fan speed does not change by itself to regulate the temperature. This has been happening only for the last one month or so. Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 13:29   #2458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post

What I had meant was that whatever the external temperature difference, the fan speed does not change by itself to regulate the temperature. This has been happening only for the last one month or so. Thanks
Check the solar sensor which is located on top of the dashboard; Check the in-cabin sensor.

May be there is something wrong.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 14:26   #2459
Senior - BHPian

+ to Anurag.

TO start off with, just clean the sensor. If that doesnt happen, probably, you will have to explore deeper.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 15:31   #2460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Not sure whether this is the right place to post, mods please move the post to appropriate thread if required.

It so happened a couple of weeks ago, that someone left lights switched on in our 2010 Swift. Result - a completely dead battery. We got the battery charged at a local garage & it is working fine as of now. But just thinking whether it would be advisable to replace the battery for peace of mind? Its the factory fitted Exide battery which has been used for almost 5 years and it may be nearing the end of its life anyways. Would this incident have an adverse impact on the battery considering its age?
If the car starts in one crank and also the accessories work normal when the engine OFF and all the lights on the instrumentation go off after the engine starts then there is nothing to worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks